Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Football Crew - Kornheiser, Jaworski, and Tirico - How have they done?

footballhenry

Kornheiser stinks. I love him on PTI, but he STINKS on MNF. Tirico is dull, and Jaws is a Philly homer. Jaws does bring some knowledge as an NFL QB (using that term loosely), so that is good.

And as others have said - the celebrity guests are AWFUL. Get rid of that crap ASAP. But that's the new Disney network for ya. :(

It helps that the games have all been pretty much terrible.

Week 3: Titans 31, Saints 14

Week 4: Patriots 34, Bengals 13

Week 5: Cowboys 25, Bills 24 (ugly and pathetic)

Week 6: Giants 31, Falcons 10

Week 7: Colts 29, Jaguars 7

Week 9: Ravens 7, Steelers 38

Week 10: 49ers 0, Seahawks 24

The week 1 double-header was fine by the looks of it but I was getting off a plane from our opener back to Tampa and then I had class in the morning. Week 2 would be on this list if we didn't overthrow Moss and won by 15 instead of 8. Week 8 has also been omitted because I didn't watch any of it and it wasn't a blowout.

Madden / Michaels are still the best in the business. The MNF crew is just bad. It would be a lot better if they pulled Kornheiser out of the booth. It's just too many people and he doesn't add enough to keep him there. The other two by themselves would be more football-centric and would be much less "clutter".

Sunday night's broadcast is the best right now.

Mike Patrick and Theismann were great together and should be doing MNF now.

As others have said Kornheiser is ok in small doses in other venues, like his show, or maybe if he just did a half time segment, but it's gotten to the point that I find my self not watching much MNF anymore. I definitley change the channel when they do their talk show crap.

Jaws is ok in VERY small doses - maybe he should be doing the post game only.

I'm going to go back in history here a little. This summer, the NFL Network showed a replay of a 1992 or 1993 Bears/Vikings game. The announcers were Patrick and Theismann only. No McGuire. I really listened them because there have been alot of people, including Redskins fans, that cannot stand to head Joe T. with a mic. I have to tell you, it was smooth. He was very knowledgable. He didn't try to talk too much and he didn't try to overanalyze the play. I was pleasantly surprised at his performance.

I think the problem with Joe T. is, when there is a 3 man booth, he tends to get pushy and fight for air time. If you noticed, when McGuire was there, all he and Joe used to do is argue. Where is McGuire now? College Football sideline reporter. He's a blow hard who says "Watch This" a million times a game. Yeah Paul, we saw it. Thanks. Same thing happened with Joe T. and Tony. Tony has become a little pushy in the booth. Last Monday's game, I thought Jaws was gonna deck him. They tried to out-shout each other. 3 men in the booth has never worked and they should scrap it.

As far as MNF, the whole celebrity thing is a joke and 3 men in a booth doesn't work. Horrible games with even more horrible announcers. I like Tirico in small doses and Jaws is always good for analysis. Kornheiser needs to go. He brings nothing to the table. As someone else said, he's a poor man's Dennis Miller. Speaking of Miller, I always thought Dan Fouts should have punched the guy right square in the teeth. He was more annoying than a Planter Wart on my heel.

I think if you put Joe T. back in the booth with a 2 man team, you'll see a difference.

Horrible.

I thought with Jaws it'd be interesting, but nope, Jaws is just a man who forces laughter at all of Tony K's corny ass jokes. Mike does a good job, but honestly, as long as these three and their wack ass weekly special guest are doing the MNF games I will continue to watch the games on mute.

I don't know what's more annoying, the guests, or Tony K aka Mr. Obvious' stories about the teams playing.

ESPN has turned MNF into Football For Dummies. icon13.gif

I'm going to go back in history here a little. This summer, the NFL Network showed a replay of a 1992 or 1993 Bears/Vikings game. The announcers were Patrick and Theismann only. No McGuire.

I was referring to this past summer - JT and Patrick did all the Redskins pre-season games, but same thing. Those two without McGuire.

In fact, Mike Patrick and Blackledge are one of favorite college broadcast teams this year.

• 4 weeks later...

kornholeriser sucks big donkey. the rotten bastage was dogging the falcons qb saying something like (paraphrasing here) "the guy was selling insurance door to door now he's an nfl qb".

jaws and kornholer suck so bad. the only announcer i can stand is mike tirico.

Same , I love his radio show and when he's doing MNF they take his radio show off the air so obviously I want him to quit MNF or something. As everyone else has said , I usually put MNF on mute , because the current crew is so bad. Jaworski is all right , but Tony doesn't belong there and Tirico is better calling basketball on ESPN radio.

Archived