Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Sean Taylor Out for At Least 3 Weeks Per Press Conference (UPDATED)

OU_skins

To those of you who think that ST being out means that we will blitz more, and to those who want to move LL over to FS: Did you watch last year?

It won't matter. Greggg will now employ the Tampa 2 to no end, bend but don't break etc. The secondary would get torched otherwise, so he'll let them dink and dunk us to death. Prepare for several weeks of ball control, try and stay close at the end.

Prioleau has been exposed even prior to this game, so I agree about moving Springs to FS. We need physical ball players out there. Torrence and Macklin gotta earn their nickel.

Greggg will now employ the Tampa 2 to no end, bend but don't break etc. The secondary would get torched otherwise, so he'll let them dink and dunk us to death. Prepare for several weeks of ball control, try and stay close at the end.

Have you been watching the same games I have all year? With a few exceptions this defense you describe is exactly what we have been playing most of the year. It makes no difference wether ST is in there or not. GW plays this way and I have no idea why he does. Having any safety 30 yards off the los is the worst idea ever! PERIOD. :2cents:

I'm sorry, but there's no chance this week if don't have ST. Can you imagine what Witten will do to us in the middle of the field? That was our weakness last year, and without Sean it is again. I'm honestly just hoping we don't get blown off the field Sunday.

ouch. Massive blow to our pass D, that long bomb woulda been an interception if ST was in there I'm certain.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking when I saw that play. Having Prioleau back there is no better that the Cowboys having Roy Williams in pass coverage. They are liabilities against the pass. Prioleau killed with missed assignments (TD just before the half in the Arizona game, Wes Welkers' TD at the end of the Patriots' game, and Reggie Brown's TD in this last game). I have to admit that I'm sure the D has not prepared much this season for the absence of ST or at least to many reps there because it really screwed them up in the back. Hopefully, PP won't look as bad after a week of practice in the FS position.

Every team has injuries and the good teams overcome those injuries!

You meen like the Colts right who just got abused by a very bad Chargers team... I can see how your analogy works here :applause:

Okay things were bad enough with Washington out and Rogers gone that took away a huge chunk of the versatility of the defense but with Smoot and Springs banged up.....We also are missing 2/5ths of the starting line we lost all the depth in the offseason we have a Dline man as back up guard Moss is in and out

Hurts that Taylor got injured, but at least it saves all of the us the agony of believing that our skins can make the playoffs.

Our defense is going to be unwatchable this week against Dallas, Taylor's range can not be replicated by anyone in the league.

Exactly. just because two guys are out our season is over?

If we don't have some depth on defense, then we deserve to get beat.

Not every 1st stringer can be backed up by another 1st stringer. There is a reason why the back-ups are back-ups. Some players are too good to be compensated for. You have somebody like Marcus Washington who was replaced by Godfrey, and Godfrey is a reasonable player. But you can't have a backup equally as good as ST, he's too good. Just like the Colts would be screwed if they lost Manning, if NE lost Brady, SD lost LT, and so on.

You meen like the Colts right who just got abused by a very bad Chargers team... I can see how your analogy works here :applause:

Okay things were bad enough with Washington out and Rogers gone that took away a huge chunk of the versatility of the defense but with Smoot and Springs banged up.....We also are missing 2/5ths of the starting line we lost all the depth in the offseason we have a Dline man as back up guard Moss is in and out

the colts have won without harrison buddy, thats just one case. and the colts lost 23-21 and vinateri missed a fg at the end thats your definiton of abused????

Archived