Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lock Sean Taylor Up For The Rest of His Career....now!!!!

skin_finatic

Actually the chemistry on defense that year was awesome but they were ac quired via Free agency and this would be via a trade.

Can you actually further elaborate your *possible* trade of Sean Taylor? What holes could be satisfied by getting rid of your best playmaker on defense?

This isn't the NBA where you can trade a superstar, and use that to rebuild your team to be good for the future. There are 53 players. Not everyone is going to be an all-star. Personally, I do feel we have enough talent to be successful. If not for a combination of bad execution, playcalling, penalties, and turnovers at crucial parts, this team would be mentioned with the elite teams.

We've got a group working together, making mistakes here and there. Once we shore that up, this team can be dangerous. I don't see how trading away one of the best players can improve the team.

Can you actually further elaborate your *possible* trade of Sean Taylor? What holes could be satisfied by getting rid of your best playmaker on defense?

This isn't the NBA where you can trade a superstar, and use that to rebuild your team to be good for the future. There are 53 players. Not everyone is going to be an all-star. Personally, I do feel we have enough talent to be successful. If not for a combination of bad execution, playcalling, penalties, and turnovers at crucial parts, this team would be mentioned with the elite teams.

We've got a group working together, making mistakes here and there. Once we shore that up, this team can be dangerous. I don't see how trading away one of the best players can improve the team.

It is easy is he are best player? I thought Laron was the best player. Any way by trading away Taylor and and shoring up the defensive line a little bit and getting a good veteren safety and CB would go along way to helping us and free up some draft picks for other uses.

If Taylor was that good the skins could have drafted a DE or DT and we could have been alright

with our secondary minus Taylor and a good defensive line the skins D would be unstoppable.

It is easy is he are best player? I thought Laron was the best player. Any way by trading away Taylor and and shoring up the defensive line a little bit and getting a good veteren safety and CB would go along way to helping us and free up some draft picks for other uses.

If Taylor was that good the skins could have drafted a DE or DT and we could have been alright

with our secondary minus Taylor and a good defensive line the skins D would be unstoppable.

WOW what a joke sorry buddy Taylor is a beast and all Skins fans should know that.The reason we drafted Landry was because he was that best defensive player in the draft and there was nobody worth taking besides Landry at five.

Just like Bob Sanders is such a crucial part to the Colts defense, Sean Taylor is to ours. We need him on our defense, he gets our secondary into line, and he totally takes away the deep ball. If he doesn't go out, Reggie Brown never scores. Period.

It wasn't the personnel on the field that screwed up the defense. It was the poor game plan and GW's belief that his 'one size fits all' 'bend but don't break' defense is going to work every game. Westbrook is the Eagles' major weapon on offense and GW didn't do anything to try to shut him down. McNabb can be rattled by pressure, but GW let him sit in the pocket and pass the ball.

WOW what a joke sorry buddy Taylor is a beast and all Skins fans should know that.The reason we drafted Landry was because he was that best defensive player in the draft and there was nobody worth taking besides Landry at five.

So i guess having a stud at every position is a necessity to winning?

I disagree with your last statement and last season was proof of that. it will be a stop gap for a season or two. It will bring in much needed depth and give us better use of draft picks.

Last year was rough, but ST was obviously being asked to play out of his natural position. The entire unit was heavily injured and the front seven were poor, and ST still stood out as the guy on the field making the most plays. Was it a good year for him? Not really, but is was a clear indication that he was the best thing we had going on D.

Either way, though, I don't particularly care if you disagree with that particular statement. The important point was the rest of my post. The best defenses have stars, sometimes at safety, and their absence has not proven to be beneficial for any of those teams.

I don't disagree with the idea that things need to be addressed, but trading a player who is obviously such a big part of our D away for mediocre players and draft picks we HOPE to be good is silly. Why try and draft the most talented player on the board if you're going to end up trading him away for mediocre talent and more draft picks?

So are you guys basically saying if we had Sean Taylor, we would've won the game?

Trust me, when we went up 22-13, he was out of the game. P.P. can't cover a blanket. He was out of position on those 3 TD passes McNabb threw. He should of made a play on the TD Reggie Brown caught. With S.T. no team will pass deep on us, without him, they know to take their shots down the field. I hope this injury isn't going to keep him out this week.

Last year was rough, but ST was obviously being asked to play out of his natural position. The entire unit was heavily injured and the front seven were poor, and ST still stood out as the guy on the field making the most plays. Was it a good year for him? Not really, but is was a clear indication that he was the best thing we had going on D.

Either way, though, I don't particularly care if you disagree with that particular statement. The important point was the rest of my post. The best defenses have stars, sometimes at safety, and their absence has not proven to be beneficial for any of those teams.

I don't disagree with the idea that things need to be addressed, but trading a player who is obviously such a big part of our D away for mediocre players and draft picks we HOPE to be good is silly. Why try and draft the most talented player on the board if you're going to end up trading him away for mediocre talent and more draft picks?

So I guess all trades equal bringing in medocre talent. you are right most teams do have 1 good safety not to they spend their money on the line. sometimes it better to take a little loss at one area and build up the other 2 areas to make the team better

We can get by and be a better defense with a good veteren at safety and another to good veterens/ up and comers like i outlined in my plan

So I guess all trades equal bringing in medocre talent. you are right most teams do have 1 good safety not to they spend their money on the line. sometimes it better to take a little loss at one area and build up the other 2 areas to make the team better

We can get by and be a better defense with a good veteren at safety and another to good veterens/ up and comers like i outlined in my plan

I know not all trades mean mediocre, but if you want to trade a star for more than one player (a reliable vet and someone unpolished, I think you said), chances are that's what you are going to get.

I get where you are coming from, man, I just think you're looking at it the wrong way. You want to build the D up from the ground it seems, but you're tearing it down in the process. That would be okay if we were the Dolphins who are going to have to spend years rebuilding anyway, but we're not that awful right now.

Lets say we trade ST away for a vet safety and a young CB like you want. Well, Springs is probably not going to be around much longer, so that leaves us with Landry (young, talented, over-aggressive), Carlos (still a mystery in some ways), Smoot (injury prone), a vet FS and a young CB.

Personally? I'm feeling a lot better about keeping ST back there and drafting a young unpolished CB of our own and some help for the d-line.

Besides, what happens when the vet FS gets too old? We draft another safety when we just traded away one of the best in the league just a few years ago? Seems counter-productive to me.

how about we stop signing worn out linebackers like Fletcher and Washington and get some really good young linebackers. How about drafting a defensive end with the first pick this year. ANd next year draft a middle linebacker. and the following year draft a defensive tackle. In the Meantime how about signing a free agent linebacker who is NOT over 30 and is in the prime of his career.

I know not all trades mean mediocre, but if you want to trade a star for more than one player (a reliable vet and someone unpolished, I think you said), chances are that's what you are going to get.

I get where you are coming from, man, I just think you're looking at it the wrong way. You want to build the D up from the ground it seems, but you're tearing it down in the process. That would be okay if we were the Dolphins who are going to have to spend years rebuilding anyway, but we're not that awful right now.

Lets say we trade ST away for a vet safety and a young CB like you want. Well, Springs is probably not going to be around much longer, so that leaves us with Landry (young, talented, over-aggressive), Carlos (still a mystery in some ways), Smoot (injury prone), a vet FS and a young CB.

Personally? I'm feeling a lot better about keeping ST back there and drafting a young unpolished CB of our own and some help for the d-line.

Besides, what happens when the vet FS gets too old? We draft another safety when we just traded away one of the best in the league just a few years ago? Seems counter-productive to me.

if the skins are smart they pick up the replacement for the vet in the next to drafts and let him learn our system if we truly have one.

Also we would get a good DT or DE that would give us much needed help but wouldnt breal the bank Kind of like Darryl Gardtner did a few years ago.

how about we stop signing worn out linebackers like Fletcher and Washington and get some really good young linebackers. How about drafting a defensive end with the first pick this year. ANd next year draft a middle linebacker. and the following year draft a defensive tackle. In the Meantime how about signing a free agent linebacker who is NOT over 30 and is in the prime of his career.

treemoney.gif

I think our first draft pick should be an o-lineman to replace Jansen.

Archived