Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phil @ Was Loser will finish Last!

tonyriggins

who will be jbooma's team next week?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. who will be jbooma's team next week?

• notre dame: they need that win against duke
    • lsu: they're #1
    • oregon: he can't always root for #1...or can he?
    • nobody. he needs to start figuring out which basketball teams(s) to root for

Calling someone idiotic for having the belief that the team could come back from a 5-6 record and that I'm not a redskins fan for thinking the contary is actually against the rules? Wow, just wow.

Yes. No matter what the reason, it's a personal attack and against the rules. You should know this. Being that members are supposed to be well versed in the rules and guidelines. I'd recommend a refresher course in that area if this is a surprise to you.

Yes. No matter what the reason, it's a personal attack and against the rules. You should know this. Being that members are supposed to be well versed in the rules and guidelines. I'd recommend a refresher course in that area if this is a surprise to you.

I'm very aware that personal attacks are against the rules. My definition of a personal attack varies from yours however. To ensure that I don't do this again, I will pm you to get a better understanding of the rule.

The assumption underlying this thread is mistaken. The Redskins are ONE game behind the Giants. The Giants have a harder schedule to close the season than Washington including a meeting with the Patriots. It is POSSIBLE that the Redskins could win tomorrow and pass the Giants in the second half, leaving the Giants and Eagles to fight it out for the last two spots.

Admittedly, the Eagles at this point look to have much too much internal turmoil to be successful in the second half of the season, however, the Giants have had a very easy schedule outside of the NFC East.

For all those fans that are on the Giants bandwagon, note that they beat the lowly Dolphins by the same margin the Redskins did back in September when Miami still had TRENT GREEN at quarterback and RONNIE BROWN at tailback :)

The assumption underlying this thread is mistaken. The Redskins are ONE game behind the Giants. The Giants have a harder schedule to close the season than Washington including a meeting with the Patriots. It is POSSIBLE that the Redskins could win tomorrow and pass the Giants in the second half, leaving the Giants and Eagles to fight it out for the last two spots.

Admittedly, the Eagles at this point look to have much too much internal turmoil to be successful in the second half of the season, however, the Giants have had a very easy schedule outside of the NFC East.

For all those fans that are on the Giants bandwagon, note that they beat the lowly Dolphins by the same margin the Redskins did back in September when Miami still had TRENT GREEN at quarterback and RONNIE BROWN at tailback :)

Agreed. Everyone keeps forgetting that we have EIGHT games left, not one. Tomorrow is not a playoff game. It will have implications, sure, but it's not the end of the world if we lose. Just the end of the week.

I'm very aware that personal attacks are against the rules. My definition of a personal attack varies from yours however. To ensure that I don't do this again, I will pm you to get a better understanding of the rule.

Also make sure which interpretation is the most important. Drop it. Heed the warning, and leave well enough alone before tonyriggins comes back and wonders what the hell happened to his thread.

Remember that winning 5 straight games is unlikely?

Giants just topped that, and they're about as good as we were in '05. Tons of holes, but just got dealt a good hand. Watch them slip like they always do, starting with the Dallas game tomorrow.

Giants just topped that, and they're about as good as we were in '05. Tons of holes, but just got dealt a good hand. Watch them slip like they always do, starting with the Dallas game tomorrow.

For every team that wins 5 straight, there are so many more that don't. Want to list the teams that have won five straight games and the teams that haven't?

For every team that wins 5 straight, there are so many more that don't. Want to list the teams that have won five straight games and the teams that haven't?

I never said the odds are good; I just said that it has happened in extremely recent history, and, considering our remaining schedule is easier than any other NFC East team's, we would have a decent shot at doing it again.

I don't think we'll have to though. The game against the Bucs is pivotal, IMO.

This is a game that you guys need to win in order to gai ground on the loser of the Cowboys/Giants game and possibly Detroit if they lose. Philly will finish last reguardless of sunday's outcome and to be honest I think both Dallas and NY will have better records you guys just need Detroit to remember that they're the lions

I can't believe it. I agree with the majority of a dallas fan's post. But we are going to catch either you or the ny before the year is over.

I never said the odds are good; I just said that it has happened in extremely recent history, and, considering our remaining schedule is easier than any other NFC East team's, we would have a decent shot at doing it again.

I don't think we'll have to though. The game against the Bucs is pivotal, IMO.

Of course it has happened in recent history. Winning 5 straight isn't impossible. It is very unlikely however. In 2006, only 8 teams won 5+ consecutive games during the regular season.

edit: take away the colts and the pats from whom everyone distances themselves anyways, and the chargers and bears who were the best teams in each conference during the regular season, and it becomes 4 teams out of 28. More than unlikely for our skins.

edit 2: 4/28 normal, or down to earth teams, is 14%.

This is going to be a tough and very close game. Philly is much better than their record indicates. Even if the skins win (or lose) this game I've still got them going 4-4 in the last 8 games. If they re-gain their form from earlier in the season, maybe 5-3, but thats pushing it.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Not really since I don't pretend to be a redskins fan. I am a redskins fan. Believing that this team would be unable to come back from falling to 5-6 doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. It may make me less idiotic than you, but not less of a fan.

Well now color me confused. Does that make the fans who truly believed the team would win 5 in a row in 2005 idiotic? 25% of the teams in the league won 5 straight last year. You throwing out (for some inane reason) four teams doesn't make that stat less true. Good teams can win 5 games in a row. Happens every season. In 2005 we proved that we were a good team. If we were to win 5 in a row this season, I think it would also prove that we are a good team, don't you think?

I'm not buying the Giants at this point. Why can't anybody see that they have beaten some BAD teams? I know that we have too but our lone win over a team with a winning record was a sound thumping. Theirs was a two TD second half comeback. Not to say a comeback is any easier to accomplish than a blowout, but in order to come back, a team first needs to fall behind.

I'm not buying the Giants at this point. Why can't anybody see that they have beaten some BAD teams? I know that we have too but our lone win over a team with a winning record was a sound thumping. Theirs was a two TD second half comeback. Not to say a comeback is any easier to accomplish than a blowout, but in order to come back, a team first needs to fall behind.

Im waiting for the Giant collaspe to begin

Might want to read the edit. It's pretty relevant in my opinion.

see, if you're going to selectively take away teams that hurt your argument...others can do the same. What if you take away all the teams that don't have a solid defense, don't have anything to play for but a draft pick, and teams that started a new QB? Those wouldn't apply to our situation either..

see, if you're going to selectively take away teams that hurt your argument...others can do the same. What if you take away all the teams that don't have a solid defense, don't have anything to play for but a draft pick, and teams that started a new QB? Those wouldn't apply to our situation either..

Good point. But 75% of teams didn't win 5 in a row last year. Still pretty high.

Archived