Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Setting ourselves up for a fall?

Mackdaddydean

Upon thinking about the implications of this upcoming game against the Eagles I also started to think about the ups and downs of the fans on this board. I just have this feeling that we're gunna come out looking great against a not so great Eagles team, win the game convincingly and then fall flat on our face in Dallas the following week. Honestly, I really hope this doesn't happen as I will be attending my 4th Redskins Cowboys game in Dallas and I have never seen them win there in person. So if they do win this week and then get trounced by Dallas the next, will you still be hopeful or will you feel like our chances of making the playoffs will be greatly decreased?

So if they do win this week and then get trounced by Dallas the next, will you still be hopeful or will you feel like our chances of making the playoffs will be greatly decreased?

Yes to the first part (hopeful) and no way to the second. So far they've been losing to the ones I had picked before the season. Sorry, but I had them losing to Dallas (in Dallas), but winning the last game here. Should beat the Eagles tomorrow. Still on pace to finish 10-6 best or 9-7. Could be tough to make the playoffs at 9-7 though.

Reality: This team rarely finds a way to string wins together... They are a carbon copy of Gibbs' emotions. This week he may be excited, last week he could have been mad as hell, and what about the week before last, when he was he was giddy like a thirteen year old with his first boner.

Truth is, we are the roller coaster that is the Washington Redskins. Does anybody truly ever feel that we can't lose on Sundays? I haven't felt that way in a long time - sad I know.

I've been around long enough to know that it doesn't matter how good or bad the eagles or any other NFC east team is. On any given sunday anyone in the nfc east can beat anyone else. If you expect a cakewalk tomorrow you're setting yourself up for a fall. It's classic that the eagles get up for playing the skins.

The Redskins need to beat the Eagles and split with Dallas. I don't think anyone at this point is marking down the road game in two weeks as being the game we win against the Cowboys. So, the short answer is NO we don't have to win both games in a row to keep up morale.

But it would be nice not to see another NE style blowout down in Dallas. This team should be able to keep things close against the teams they play, win or lose.

Reality: This team rarely finds a way to string wins together... They are a carbon copy of Gibbs' emotions. This week he may be excited, last week he could have been mad as hell, and what about the week before last, when he was he was giddy like a thirteen year old with his first boner.

Truth is, we are the roller coaster that is the Washington Redskins. Does anybody truly ever feel that we can't lose on Sundays? I haven't felt that way in a long time - sad I know.

:( Man. Im the same way. And it needs to come to an end . We fans deserve much, much better then this uncertain, irritating environment.

I agree we should win it, but recognize that this would be a BIG step here--we haven't been able to get to 6-3 since 1991 or something like that. We've found ways to stumble and bumble just when we need to step it up. NOTHING is given with this team.

Time to step up, boys. It has been WAY TOO LONG!!!!

GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon thinking about the implications of this upcoming game against the Eagles I also started to think about the ups and downs of the fans on this board. I just have this feeling that we're gunna come out looking great against a not so great Eagles team, win the game convincingly and then fall flat on our face in Dallas the following week. Honestly, I really hope this doesn't happen as I will be attending my 4th Redskins Cowboys game in Dallas and I have never seen them win there in person. So if they do win this week and then get trounced by Dallas the next, will you still be hopeful or will you feel like our chances of making the playoffs will be greatly decreased?
I'm still waiting for the team to operate on all cylendars, offense, defense and special teams. The revamped OL is brginning to gel and that's a plus, maybe we can get our passing game going to an acceptable extent which would greatly help us and stop teams from playing us one dimensional. Since Portis "broke out" last week I'm sure the Eagles will be "inching up" in the box and that will allow us to exploit them further if Campbell is on his game.

I take it one game at a time, the skins can't look past the Eagles or any team. I'll deal with the Cowboys, who have a very tough up-coming game with the Giants.

I hope that we can take care of our "business" at home.!!

I just have this feeling that we're gunna come out looking great against a not so great Eagles team, win the game convincingly and then fall flat on our face in Dallas the following week.

That's why the Eagles game is a must-win. The Redskins know they will not beat the Cowboys at Dallas. Depending the outcome of the Eagles game, the Redskins will either be 6-4 or 5-5 after the Dallas game.

Look, the Eagles I know are backed up in a corner and could be dangerous. This is our chance to match our intensity with theirs. We should take out all of our frustrations on them and try to crush them and bury them. I hope we completely demoralize them and help end yhe McNabb era in Philly. That would really make my day and it couldn't happen to a nicer city!

wow so why even play Dallas. you guys already figured its a loss. damn.

i think we win this week and we win next. i think we take one step forward after another and finally get on track. I don't think Dallas is all that good.

You win or you lose but if you have that attitude we have no chance than you won't win. I hope our players don't think like our fans.

These kinds of posts annoy me, yet I still read them and NOW comment on them...relax and focus. take it one game @ a time, now breathe. :logo: :eaglesuck

Archived