Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who are we gonna bash on Sunday after the game (lets decide now so we can plan)

corrupt3d

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

unfortunately we've had only one soundly played game for 60 minutes. Like I said in another thread in most of our games this team has a 20 minute span where they play horrible and uninspiring football. Just give me 60 solid minutes of football and a win. Heck a 20-10 win with 60 solid minutes would make me happy. I think we may be better with the line gelling and getting healthy and Randy T coming back in 4-5 weeks

yeah, i agree. but too concede that its impossible for us to play another sound game is ridiculous

5 years...

and i'm not one to bash a team/player when the team itself is 5 - 3, because i enjoy watching superbowls, not probowls.

hehe, I kid, I kid

but I agree. I see more bashing this year than I did last year (and we had a losing record) when I was a lurker. Completely forgot about the nobody option cause I kinda expected someone to start complaining about someone else

yeah, i agree. but too concede that its impossible for us to play another sound game is ridiculous

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

the negativity around this place is sickening. how you cant even leave a sound game as an options just shows me that the majority of people around here have completely given up faith in this football team..... we are 5 - 3!!! We are sitting right in the thick of things. This team is in position to really step up and do something this season... and it's beyond comprehension that they can have a good football game?? SURE, you cant sit here and say that NOBODY will mess up... there is ALWAYS going to be something to nit pick about, or complain about, or someone will drop a pass or miss a block or anything like that. But you cannot is here and tell me it is totally out of the realm of reality that this team could string together a good win, and make things work....

This is not directed at you renegade, it's me agreeing with you.

hehe, I kid, I kid

but I agree. I see more bashing this year than I did last year (and we had a losing record) when I was a lurker. Completely forgot about the nobody option cause I kinda expected someone to start complaining about someone else

i'm not trying to be a jerk but i have seen this board progress over a long time. There are very few people who have hope anymore. What people dont understand is that GREAT football players dont necessarily result in GREAT football teams. Look at Dan Marino, HOF QB who never got a ring. Look at Trent Dilfer.... NEVER be suggested for HOF but he got a ring. Why? They found a way to win.

Look at Barry Sanders.... Possibly the best RB to ever walk on a football field, NEVER got a ring. Look at Gerald Riggs. Never is he mentioned as the best football player in the world, never is he even considered 1 of the best 100 RBs of all time, he got a ring.

People need to realize that players themselves are never going to be perfect but this is a freaking football TEAM. Stop looking at PLAYERS to be the best, and start looking at the fact that this team is 5 - 3.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

the negativity around this place is sickening. how you cant even leave a sound game as an options just shows me that the majority of people around here have completely given up faith in this football team..... we are 5 - 3!!! We are sitting right in the thick of things. This team is in position to really step up and do something this season... and it's beyond comprehension that they can have a good football game?? SURE, you cant sit here and say that NOBODY will mess up... there is ALWAYS going to be something to nit pick about, or complain about, or someone will drop a pass or miss a block or anything like that. But you cannot is here and tell me it is totally out of the realm of reality that this team could string together a good win, and make things work....

This is not directed at you renegade, it's me agreeing with you.

haha... yeah i got it

i think its true that some people honestly find some joy being negative, bc there is no other plausible explanation. we are 2 games over .500 and have not even peaked yet, anyone who follows the team knows we are capable of performing EVEN BETTER.

its amazing how many people have such a short-term memory. just 2 seasons ago, this team won 5 straight. we have several key components from that team still here, and a lot of upgrades.... i, for one, am optimistic and cant wait to see how the season plays out

i'm not trying to be a jerk but i have seen this board progress over a long time. There are very few people who have hope anymore. What people dont understand is that GREAT football players dont necessarily result in GREAT football teams. Look at Dan Marino, HOF QB who never got a ring. Look at Trent Dilfer.... NEVER be suggested for HOF but he got a ring. Why? They found a way to win.

Look at Barry Sanders.... Possibly the best RB to ever walk on a football field, NEVER got a ring. Look at Gerald Riggs. Never is he mentioned as the best football player in the world, never is he even considered 1 of the best 100 RBs of all time, he got a ring.

People need to realize that players themselves are never going to be perfect but this is a freaking football TEAM. Stop looking at PLAYERS to be the best, and start looking at the fact that this team is 5 - 3.

I totally, 100%, absolutely, insert another agreeing word here, agree with you.

What people look at are teams such as the Pats and the Colts. Both with two future HoF QB's, two future HoF coaches and a plethora of great players. And they translate that over to the Redskins and think that because some of the players that we have do not compare, we suck and have to get rid of the weakest link(s).

Hence the threads that you see after every game. This thread is a mockery of that (though, I dont think I had to say it ;) )

Fact of the matter is, if we put Carlos Rogers on the Colts, everyone here would say "Why can't we have Carlos Rogers, he's one of the best cover CB's in the league". Or if Sean Taylor were there in Bob Sanders' place (though they do play different positions), Taylor would be considered the superior player. Look no further than the first Gibbs Super Bowl, a team primarily made of scrubs. Yeah, there was some talent, but the reason why they won?

They were a team.

And realizing that fact, look again at Indy and the Pats. These guys work together 110% and they're reaping the rewards. Whereas last year, look at Oakland. The offense didnt talk to each other, they all hated each other, their coach and the team and look how they did.

Not to say our guys aren't playing as a team right now, but injuries have marred the 'team building' process so to speak, we can only go up from here and we will go up. Championship teams aren't built over the off-season, and I think the skins are starting to realize that. Sure the Pats got three good receivers, but they had everything else in place. Indy has built their team for some time now. We're getting there and for once I can say that we are heading in the right direction (we'll see about that thouigh)

Point in case - we can't gut our team with a winning record. Lets see how it plays out first.

Yeah It'll probably be the play calling, or perhaps if we have a lead in the opening drive of the 3rd qtr the coach will probably try to start killing the clock and coach not to lose as opposed to trying to put some points on the board...

haha... yeah i got it

i think its true that some people honestly find some joy being negative, bc there is no other plausible explanation. we are 2 games over .500 and have not even peaked yet, anyone who follows the team knows we are capable of performing EVEN BETTER.

its amazing how many people have such a short-term memory. just 2 seasons ago, this team won 5 straight. we have several key components from that team still here, and a lot of upgrades.... i, for one, am optimistic and cant wait to see how the season plays out

you and me both. the only thing i dont agree with you about is the fact that they hold onto the "long term memory." They look at the 91' season and see what we did there. That we could throw the ball deep and had a QB that was totally capable.

But then again, what did Mark Rypien and this team do in 1990? Rypien and the team werent even considered a real solid contender.

you and me both. the only thing i dont agree with you about is the fact that they hold onto the "long term memory." They look at the 91' season and see what we did there. That we could throw the ball deep and had a QB that was totally capable.

But then again, what did Mark Rypien and this team do in 1990? Rypien and the team werent even considered a real solid contender.

Rypien had Monk, Clark and Sanders...... right now, Campbell has Moss (not 100%), ARE (first year of career as a starting WR), Thrash (no comment)

Fans were demanding Ryp's head in 90. Didn't throw great, he fumbled a lot, ect.. To the point were Terry Bradshaw,(during a post game show), actually told Skins fans to relax. Ryp was going to be fine.

Rypien had Monk, Clark and Sanders...... right now, Campbell has Moss (not 100%), ARE (first year of career as a starting WR), Thrash (no comment)

and i'm sure the critics were saying the same thing about those boys.

I'm not saying this is the same team as 1991, i'm saying that this team has talent, we know this team has talent but they have struggled.

To give you a better analogy, who were the starting WRs on the Baltimore Ravens SB team a few years ago. Who were the starting o-linemen? who were the starting LB's

Ok, now lets move up to the "oh so holy patriots" Prior to this year, you name me how many pro-bowls the WRs on their superbowl teams were in...

i hate the patriots with a passion but they do play as a team, and i cant fault them for that.

Fans were demanding Ryp's head in 90. Didn't throw great, he fumbled a lot, ect.. To the point were Terry Bradshaw,(during a post game show), actually told Skins fans to relax. Ryp was going to be fine.

my point exactly.....

then the puzzle came together, and it became one of the most prolific (sp?) offenses in the superbowl era

and i'm sure the critics were saying the same thing about those boys.

I'm not saying this is the same team as 1991, i'm saying that this team has talent, we know this team has talent but they have struggled.

To give you a better analogy, who were the starting WRs on the Baltimore Ravens SB team a few years ago. Who were the starting o-linemen? who were the starting LB's

Ok, now lets move up to the "oh so holy patriots" Prior to this year, you name me how many pro-bowls the WRs on their superbowl teams were in...

i hate the patriots with a passion but they do play as a team, and i cant fault them for that.

so you're complaining that 'fans' are too obsessed with personal accomplishment/shortcomings rather than the actualy performance of the team?

so you're complaining that 'fans' are too obsessed with personal accomplishment/shortcomings rather than the actualy performance of the team?

yes i am, like i said in an earlier post in this thread, i personally would rather watch a superbowl then a pro bowl.... just my personal feelings

And I agree with him. My friend who is a Chargers fan was happy that LT breaking the TD record, and becoming "the best back in the history of the game" (his words, not mine), rather than being bad that they lost dismally to the pats in the playoffs

Archived