Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I registered at "Cowboy zone" respectfully and I get their resume on page 3!

michael_33

What do all of these folks have in common?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do all of these folks have in common?

• They're all dressed handsomely
    • They're all wealthy
    • None of them are serving in Iraq
    • All of the above

You're not the brightest bulb for going to their board and trying to start something with them. It's their board. With that said, we have 5 championships, just like them. However, you can't argue with the productivity that franchise has brought to the table. I hate them, but they've been a good team for most of their existence.

I've been there a few times, on any given thread no matter how civil you try to keep it there will be a few posters that just come in there to tell you Joe Gibbs sucks and the Redskins swallow, just like when maybe...TRPB posts in the stadium by accident he gets jumped by a lot of people who don't know we have the ATN forum. I thought they were a lot worse than us back when I used to spend a lot of time in ATN where opposing fans are more or less received well if they are respectful...after spending more time in the stadium though...well...no comment.

You go to their forum you know what to expect. You trash talk or get trash talked you better have a thick skin and try to keep things on track rather than coming here and asking us for advice.

Hey Hostile, :cool:

Just reading along enjoying quality repartee and saw this...

You could apply for temporary diplomatic immunity :laugh:

The truth doesn't hurt me. Cowboy fans have every right to be enormously proud of their record. Being on the short end of the head-to-head numbers against them never made me love my team less or feel one bit lesser than, even while acknowledging without excuses that we couldn't beat the other guy on any given loss. It just makes me want to win harder the next time and each next time. I have never felt in necessary to begrudge anyone their just due. Championships are championships. Every year everyone playing wants it, only one gets it. :cheers:

Appreciate the invite Jumbo. I'll consider it, but for now will pass. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to bash someone associated with your team here. Not even with temporary immunity.

His stat about number of playoff games played is negated by the fact that there was only one playoff game to be played in the old days, the championship. We played in six of those and won two. One of those years they actually had a real playoff and we went 1-1 including the championship.

The playoffs as we know them now didn't start until 1969, minus the wild card round. It was always just the two best teams that would participate in a one game post-season unless there was a tie allowing for a rare extra playoff game.

Dallas doesn't like to talk about pre-super bowl championships because they never had the chance to play in one but they sure are quick to bring up anything negative about us from before they existed. Think on that.

To reiterate, he says we played in very few playoff games during the 30 years before Dallas existed without taking into consideration that there were very few "playoff" games to be played.

Hostile likes to make himself look and sound right about pretty much everything.

:D

Other than that, he's pretty cool. I wouldn't go rustling feathers over there, though, because most of those guys are worse homers than we have over here at ES, and that's REALLY saying something.

He is wrong about the championship information, but hey, who's counting?

Another thing, you can look at blocks in time (history) whenever you want. For example, the Skins have won 3 out of the last 4 meetings between the teams, and Romo sits to pee is 0-1 vs. the Skins. Pretty nice recent history and one that has nothing to do with Dallas winning it all over a decade ago. You can't throw out the two year history simply because you didn't mention the entire history, that's just laughable.

:laugh::laugh:

I don't get fans of other teams that go and register at other sites. Sorry...I don't get it. I don't want other teams fans here on a regular basis therefore I wouldn't go to theirs. I don't like when fans of other teams come here and spew their preconceived notion that their team is superior even when they aren't. I don't mind the occassional visiting of other team's fans to wish us luck or to say Here's to an injury free game hope the best team wins etc..etc..but I don't like them coming over here and just being ignorant. But that's just me. Maybe someone can explain why folks do this. I don't get it.

well, if you must bite back, you can respond and say, they owe their entire record and history thanks to the Redskins. Or more importantly, thanks to the fact that we love our song that much. :D

They should pay tribute to "Hail to the Redskins" more often I think, If we had simply picked a different song they wouldnt be here :laugh:

I don't get fans of other teams that go and register at other sites. Sorry...I don't get it. I don't want other teams fans here on a regular basis therefore I wouldn't go to theirs. I don't like when fans of other teams come here and spew their preconceived notion that their team is superior even when they aren't. I don't mind the occassional visiting of other team's fans to wish us luck or to say Here's to an injury free game hope the best team wins etc..etc..but I don't like them coming over here and just being ignorant. But that's just me. Maybe someone can explain why folks do this. I don't get it.

I hate the trolls, but love a respectful debate. Some of the best threads that I have seen is discussions between two opposing team fans. Some of the worst threads that I have seen has been between fans of the same team.

The only Cowboys stat i currently care about is this one.... Tony Romo sits to pee 0-1 vs Redskins.

That game made me sick to my stomach. TO dropping that sure touchdown and the blocked field goal. Oh and the facemask to extend the return just into field goal range. That one will stick around in my head for a while I think.

:puke:

I've joined there, too....some grade A douchebags there, no doubt. But they have some great posters, too.

But what do you expect from corn pone hicks living in trailer parks that bang their cousins?

Dont forget to quote the movie The Devils Rejects " Bunch of cousin f-ers corn holin' the livestock." I love that movie by Rob Zombie.

*edit* My movie quote isnt calling out or slandering cowboy fans or anyone from their message board that i have never personally visited, i just wrote it cause the 2nd line he wrote reminded me a lot of a line from the devils rejects. Ive read the whole thread and Hostile has earned my respect.

That game made me sick to my stomach. TO dropping that sure touchdown and the blocked field goal. Oh and the facemask to extend the return just into field goal range. That one will stick around in my head for a while I think.

:puke:

Man... how about the Bledsoe to Crayton Bomb down the sideline to beat us with under a minute. Or the Rocket Touchdown in overtime i think or was it the end of regulation too? Another one that sticks in my mind... The Monday night game when we were both 0-3 i think, score is 7-6 Redskins, Stephen Davis just picks up a game winning first down that would allow us to kneel out the clock but instead fighting for an extra useless yard fumbles right before his knee touches the ground. Dallas marches down the field and kicks a game winning field goal to win 9-7 as time expires..... THOSE make me want to puke.

Man... how about the Bledsoe to Crayton Bomb down the sideline to beat us with under a minute. Or the Rocket Touchdown in overtime i think or was it the end of regulation too? Another one that sticks in my mind... The Monday night game when we were both 0-3 i think, score is 7-6 Redskins, Stephen Davis just picks up a game winning first down that would allow us to kneel out the clock but instead fighting for an extra useless yard fumbles right before his knee touches the ground. Dallas marches down the field and kicks a game winning field goal to win 9-7 as time expires..... THOSE make me want to puke.

:laugh:

Those were fun games. I'm not sure what can top the 13-0 Cowboys lead and you guys have done absolutely nothing all game. I remember coming here and reading your game thread and people just leaping off buildings left and right....and...

1. Long TD - Wow. Okay, we'll still be okay. That won't happen again.

2. Long TD - SON OF A...

Go with my favorite from the "Patriots or Cowboys" thread...

"I hate Dallas more than Cancer..."

or some variation thereof....once they realize that their franchise ranks somewhere below the greatest killer probably of all time, well, there isn't really any place left to go is there?

He is a good poster here. There is no "debate" on his board. Its his way or the highway.
Not true at all. If you read the rest of that thread you'll find a debate between myself and Firehawk350, who is a Redskins fan. I concede several things to him. Including the same thing I conceded here, that I should have recognized the Skins two NFL Championships. If I'm not wrong, you're damned right I won't back down. Not there, not here, not in your local tavern in a friendly debate. Prove me wrong, I accept it.

Where I will not conceded is when guys come there not to talk football but just to run smack. That I won't back down from. If someone wants to keep it about football, I will enjoy that more than anyone in the world, because I love the game more than I dislike your team because of the rivalry.

If you look at my profile here (I think it's still there) you'll find that my favorite Skins player of all time was Dexter Manley. Some of you will wrongly assume that's because of his life struggles. Not true at all. I respected how well he played the game of football. He is one of a few players that I feared come game day. If you dig on our site you'll also find where I have said that I would take John Riggins over Barry Sanders (I don't like him at all). I respected Riggins. You'll find where I have said Darrell Green is one of the two best CBs I have ever seen. You'll find where I think Art Monk not being in the Hall of Fame is a travesty. You'll find where I have said Laron Landry was the best Defensive player in the 2007 Draft. I propped that guy for 3 years. It kills me that you guys got him.

Hell Firehawk has invited me to make the hour drive to his house to watch the 1st game. I'm considering doing it too if my brother isn't coming to town like he plans to. You see, I haven't got time to hate Redskins fans the way some of them can hate Cowboys fans. I have too much respect for the game.

I hate the trolls, but love a respectful debate. Some of the best threads that I have seen is discussions between two opposing team fans. Some of the worst threads that I have seen has been between fans of the same team.

Fair enough. I understand the debate thing. I really do. You summed it up pretty well here so I thank you. I don't care for the ones who go to other team's boards and then post some of the comments made on that site, here. It seems too much like spying to me I guess or voyeurism(sp?). Makes me uncomfortable. Like reading someone else's mail.:laugh:

Down w/trolls:applause:

Archived