Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we'll peak at the right time...

D'Pablo

JC is trained to make the safe throw, or no throw at all. Throwing across the field - open receiver or not - would make Joe Gibbs explode. Therefore, the robotic creation that is Jason Campbell Redskins QuarterBot 2007 will initiate throw away protocol.

More to the point of the thread...Is it a given that Thomas will return in a month? And if so, how effective can he be, having not played for 3 months and never with Wade?

I don't know why, but this just made me :laugh: out loud. :applause:

Why do a majority of Redskins fans think that the answer to all the team's problems is either an injured player or someone that is attainable through free agency? Whatever happened to building a team that could sustain injuries? Or a team that has enough playmakers on it so that free agency wasn't an priority? Will the Redskins ever be able to win with the hand they are dealt or will the answer always lie with something that is not currently available?

Enough excuses. This team has the highest payroll in the league, right? The most expensive coaching staff? There is NO reason this team should be using an injured OL as a reason for a sluggish offense. There is also NO reason that the start date of free agency and the draft should be circled on every fan's calendar.

JC is trained to make the safe throw, or no throw at all. Throwing across the field - open receiver or not - would make Joe Gibbs explode. Therefore, the robotic creation that is Jason Campbell Redskins QuarterBot 2007 will initiate throw away protocol.

:laugh: :notworthy

That was good. I agree with you, by the way. it's clear who has been tutoring and who has been coaching Campbell, even though there have been some moments where I think he just isn't seeing something.

The Skins don't fear running to the right that much. They lead the league running to the right.

After reading this statement I see why you are NNT. You make statements that seem like they are true but they are not.

According to Football Outsiders here is how Redskins rank on running plays

Running to the Left End - Ranked 14th with a 4.37 average

Running to the Left Tackle - Ranked 7th with a 5.11 average

Running up the Middle - Ranked 16th with a 4.10 average

Running to the Right Tackle - Ranked 16th with a 4.58 average

Running to the Right End - Ranked 22nd with a 3.32 average

Redskins run to the Right tackle/Right End 26% of the time

Redskins run up the middle 37% of the time

Redskins run to the Left Tackle/Left end 36% of the time

It is OBVIOUS to me they do not like running to the Right.

Randy Thomas. He comes in fresh during the last quarter of our season' date=' just when good teams should peak. Lets face it, Fabini is a joke. I've never seen the skins fear running to one side so much. [/quote']

UP until last weekend there was a stat put out during the game or on pre game that showed the Redskins run to the right most out of the 32 NFL football teams in the prior 4 weeks.

BUT I do agree the Redskins offense will peak come the end of the season. I just hope it is not to late then.

Guys he has a torn triceps. If he does come back, it won't be until the playoffs until he is effective. This is not madden, where once you come back from an injury, your back to normal.

An o-linemans triceps and chest are the foundation of the technique they use to block.

While I hate the phrase "this is not madden," you are right.

I can't believe people are banking on a offensive guard to turn the season around.

We don't need Randy to turn our season around, we just need the extra talent he brings to the table. We're 5-3, as a team that was projected to be at the bottom of the East. It's not like we're the Dolphins or Jets, we have a good team. Randy Thomas isn't going to make or break this season, but if we want to upset a team in the playoffs we won't do it without a healthy Randy.

Why do a majority of Redskins fans think that the answer to all the team's problems is either an injured player or someone that is attainable through free agency? Whatever happened to building a team that could sustain injuries? Or a team that has enough playmakers on it so that free agency wasn't an priority? Will the Redskins ever be able to win with the hand they are dealt or will the answer always lie with something that is not currently available?

Enough excuses. This team has the highest payroll in the league, right? The most expensive coaching staff? There is NO reason this team should be using an injured OL as a reason for a sluggish offense. There is also NO reason that the start date of free agency and the draft should be circled on every fan's calendar.

It's no excuse to why our offense has played so poorly. However what team can lose it's starting RG, RT, and then play with banged up C, RG, and RT for the rest of the season and really be successful. It's definitely not the whole problem, or even most of the problem, but it is a part of it.

The more time I spend here, the more I wonder, do people on this site actually WATCH football? Let's all remeber back to the LAST season the Redskins were in the playoffs. Remember who we lost to? The answer is seattle. This is important, because that particular seahawks team had what was considered the best left guard/tackle combo in the entire league! And steve hutchinson at the time was considered the best left guard in the league. In fact, after that season, hutchinson signed a nice(for a guard) FA contract with minnesota. Notice shawn alexander hasn't been the same since he left, while this year, everyone's sayin that adrain peterson is the best back in the league this season! Yes virginia, high quality play at Guard makes a HUGE difference in a team's play & results. Getting Randy Thomas back will absolutely make a difference, once he has time to gel with the line's current makeup.....

Yeah, that's the reality, but it only makes the DBacks shift over to that side knowing he won't try one across field. Leaving the recievers totally covered. Obviously Jason sees no one open and it ends up a wasted play.

while they may have been open, it's very hard for a right handed qb to roll to his left and throw to his right.

I'm not talking about throwing while rolling. That's obvious. The 2 times I saw was him rolling to his left and then planting his feet and just standing there looking only to his left side for an open WR while Betts or Sellers was stepping out of formation and getting wide open.

We don't need Randy to turn our season around, we just need the extra talent he brings to the table. We're 5-3, as a team that was projected to be at the bottom of the East. It's not like we're the Dolphins or Jets, we have a good team. Randy Thomas isn't going to make or break this season, but if we want to upset a team in the playoffs we won't do it without a healthy Randy.

It's no excuse to why our offense has played so poorly. However what team can lose it's starting RG, RT, and then play with banged up C, RG, and RT for the rest of the season and really be successful. It's definitely not the whole problem, or even most of the problem, but it is a part of it.

My sentiments exactly, my friend! In fact, the critical injuries along the offensive line explain a good bit of the entire O's struggles. For the less informed, football is about blocking and tackling. The good teams execute in these areas, the bad teams don't.

Randy Thomas at 80% is better than Fabini at 100% ... we CAN use RT ... even if he doesn't jump right back in. What if Fabini gets hurt? Or Pete Kendall were to get hurt? Then we're right back in spot we were at the beginning of the year. Injuries happen in the playoffs too.

The point is that we need as many o-lineman as we can get, especially if they are experienced members of this team.

Would I risk the so called "chemistry" between Wade and Fabini by putting Randy Thomas back into the starting lineup? Two words ... HELL YES!

Bottom line, RT is a pro-bowl offensive lineman, he's a vet and ... he has been in this system and already developed chemistry with the other guys on the line. Does that mean he would not be rusty? of course he will be, but I would give him at least one quarter of play before he is back to mulling over DT's, even with a bumb arm. He's our best pulling o-lineman. Get over 300 lbs' rolling around the end on a sweep play and we all know what happens.

I don't see how having RT back could be anything but GREAT for this team, whether it be his locker room presence, or his experience in this game and with this team, etc.

I doubt he forgot how to play smash mouth football these past 6 weeks. Let's give the guy a little credit. I'm not saying having RT back is the answer, but he is damn sure gonna help more than any scrub off the street would.

The good teams execute in these areas, the bad teams don't.

And good teams don't trade all their picks for WRs that don't make catches and RB's that never play. They use those picks to plan for injuries and pick up some good depth.

But why do that? Backup lineman rarely make the kind of offseason headlines this team craves. Lloyd? Duckett? Man, they are some headline makers!!!

Too bad they show up in the headlines but not the stat sheet.

After reading this statement I see why you are NNT. You make statements that seem like they are true but they are not.

According to Football Outsiders here is how Redskins rank on running plays

Running to the Left End - Ranked 14th with a 4.37 average

Running to the Left Tackle - Ranked 7th with a 5.11 average

Running up the Middle - Ranked 16th with a 4.10 average

Running to the Right Tackle - Ranked 16th with a 4.58 average

Running to the Right End - Ranked 22nd with a 3.32 average

Redskins run to the Right tackle/Right End 26% of the time

Redskins run up the middle 37% of the time

Redskins run to the Left Tackle/Left end 36% of the time

It is OBVIOUS to me they do not like running to the Right.

Also, from postgameheroes, our running plays against the Jets:

Runs to the left: 15 for 96 yards

Runs up the mid: 25 for 130 yards

Runs to the right: 4 for 16 yards

Yeah, love running to the right. :rolleyes: We avoid that side of our line like the plague.

Didn't Thomas already get his brace removed? Right now, as we read Extremeskins, I'm pretty sure Thomas is working on getting into game shape. From what I've read, he needs to strengthen that Tricep to the point where he can play again. It's not an issue of whether or not it's still torn.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/24/AR2007102402659.html

From Oct. 25th:

"He has been wearing a giant arm brace, much like that used by Barry Bonds, and should be getting it taken off sometime in the next week. After that, it is a matter of simply building the muscle until it is strong enough for him to play. Thomas, known around the locker room for the ferocity of his workouts, hopes he can strengthen the muscle a month and a half after taking off the brace."

unlikely, thomas return late in the season will be a difference. he will need at least two games to get acclimated again. besides, if portis can get 196 yards with the backup side in play, then he can get a 100 yards against other teams. being to harsh on campbell. he is still learning, and right now the coaching staff is doing all they can to keep him healthy. the weaker side of the line is bigger for campbells health than rushing. campbell is not calling his own plays, and he will not mix much up until he is given the go ahead. remember, we only have one healthy wide receiver now, and until moss is well, passing will be to a minimum.

And good teams don't trade all their picks for WRs that don't make catches and RB's that never play. They use those picks to plan for injuries and pick up some good depth.

But why do that? Backup lineman rarely make the kind of offseason headlines this team craves. Lloyd? Duckett? Man, they are some headline makers!!!

Too bad they show up in the headlines but not the stat sheet.

Its seems obvious to me that the skins learned their lesson. Who did they trade picks away to last offseason exactly? Who were the headline signings lsat offseason. Try and think for yourself and not believe everything you hear on 980.

Archived