Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For the fourth time this year...

Skins&Terps07

We will have an opportunity to climb to three games above .500.

In the previous three games, we lost to the Giants, Packers and Patriots. Two of them were games we let slip away. Beating the Eagles this Sunday would be a big step IMO. It would finally push us to three game above the .500 mark and put us on pace for a solid record. It would also allow us to absorb some losses in the tough uncoming road games without being hurt too bad.

Another loss in this position and I think we're going to continue to flounder at or just above sea-level the entire year. It's time we get a win in one of these games that aren't considered must wins and start making strides towards a record that has many more wins than losses.

This is a division game and is going to be tough against an Eagles team with it's back against the wall. However, this is still a game we SHOULD win. Here's to a great performance on Sunday and the official end to the Eagles season. :cheers:

I don't see us doing anything with our offense being inept because if we allow the Eagles to stay around all game then we will lose on Sunday. Joe Gibbs needs to bury them and keep the throttle on them. But as usual we will run-run-pass and the Eagles will stop us where they couldn't stop anyone else. And what Joe Gibbs needs to do is stop telling everyone that he is not running the offense because he has his stamp all over the offense. Jason Campbell only gets 2 or 3 opportunities a game to throw a depp pass which in my opinion is not enough to get a completion to a WR. He has a connon of an arm but we don't utilize it. Joe Gibbs, OPEN UP THE OFFENSE. We aren't back in the 1980's anymore. PASS THE DAMN BALL.

as Dr. Phil always says, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. This weekend doesn't look good for us.

Hopefully not. And quotes like these have always irked me. How can one improve if they are forever doomed to repeat what they have already done? Is it so impossible for people to change? for people to desire to get better and make it happen?

And kind of OT but another quote that sounds good so people say it all the time is by Einstein. About how insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Sometimes you just got to stick with something you know you need to do even if it may not bring results immediately. And although it's kind of a different situation is not the goal of "practice practice practice" doing the same thing over and over again until something different does happen?

Errr sorry for the mini rant but we'll just say that Dr Phil triggered it.

Anyway if we win this Sunday it will be the first time we have had back to back wins since week 1 and 2 with the wins against Miami and Philadelphia. So hopefully this is the second time this season a win over the Eagles gives us back to back wins.

This is a game we NEED to win....because of the division tie in's from the west and south, even though we're #5 in the NFC we're on the outside looking in right now...I can't believe this but 10-6 in the NFC may not be enough this year....if we don't win the division we may need 11-5 or even 12-4 to get a WC spot....we have to win the games we're supossed to....that means starting this sunday, we have a 3-5 team at home...just like last week, if you're a playoff team, these are the games you win to get yourself the wins you need to keep playing in January

That sounds about right!!!!

I don't see us doing anything with our offense being inept because if we allow the Eagles to stay around all game then we will lose on Sunday. Joe Gibbs needs to bury them and keep the throttle on them. But as usual we will run-run-pass and the Eagles will stop us where they couldn't stop anyone else. And what Joe Gibbs needs to do is stop telling everyone that he is not running the offense because he has his stamp all over the offense. Jason Campbell only gets 2 or 3 opportunities a game to throw a depp pass which in my opinion is not enough to get a completion to a WR. He has a connon of an arm but we don't utilize it. Joe Gibbs, OPEN UP THE OFFENSE. We aren't back in the 1980's anymore. PASS THE DAMN BALL.

are you serious...All the hot teams in the nfc have to play each other still. In some cases twice. GB, Detroit, Dallas, Giants, Skins all of them. Theres is no way you will have to be 12-4 to make it. I dont see that happen.

This is a game we NEED to win....because of the division tie in's from the west and south, even though we're #5 in the NFC we're on the outside looking in right now...I can't believe this but 10-6 in the NFC may not be enough this year....if we don't win the division we may need 11-5 or even 12-4 to get a WC spot....we have to win the games we're supossed to....that means starting this sunday, we have a 3-5 team at home...just like last week, if you're a playoff team, these are the games you win to get yourself the wins you need to keep playing in January

are you serious...All the hot teams in the nfc have to play each other still. In some cases twice. GB, Detroit, Dallas, Giants, Skins all of them. Theres is no way you will have to be 12-4 to make it. I dont see that happen.

thats the truth right there. we have 4 more NFC East games alone to play let alone MIN and TB.

We are going to decide our own destiny by how well or poorly we play.

:cheers:

thats the truth right there. we have 4 more NFC East games alone to play let alone MIN and TB.

We are going to decide our own destiny by how well or poorly we play.

:cheers:

The team I'm most worried about actually is NO. They're really hot right now and their schedule down the stretch is easy. Also, we don't play them so we won't be able to earn a head to head tiebreaker, meaning it would come down to conference record if tied.

The team I'm most worried about actually is NO. They're really hot right now and their schedule down the stretch is easy. Also, we don't play them so we won't be able to earn a head to head tiebreaker, meaning it would come down to conference record if tied.

yeah they are man but I believe that MN is going to ride on Peterson's back and win some big games.

Actually, New Orleans can be a nice allie for us. The way they are playing right now it looks pretty good that they will take down Tampa and Carolina for us.

One of those 3 is going to win the South, with the other two being in the wild card hunt....Carolina seems to be fading pretty fast with their injuries, but even if Tampa beats us, they may have a difficult road to stay in contention.

Actually, New Orleans can be a nice allie for us. The way they are playing right now it looks pretty good that they will take down Tampa and Carolina for us.

One of those 3 is going to win the South, with the other two being in the wild card hunt....Carolina seems to be fading pretty fast with their injuries, but even if Tampa beats us, they may have a difficult road to stay in contention.

Very good point. I didn't really think of it that way. Another team we need to be worried about is Green Bay if Detroit somehow ends up winning the division. We hold the tiebreaker over Detroit but GB holds it over us, so we really need the Pack to win the division so we will be competing with Detroit for a wildcard spot insetad of them.

Gibbs' teams always peak in November and December anyway. We are an ugly 5-3 which I will take at this point. It seems to me that we cannot play any worse than we have all season. I am optimistic that we will start to play better and the offense will gel nicely. We just needed to get our confidence up with the running game against a bad team. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Archived