Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boys vs Eagles...Ramifications on who to root for

FunBunch7

The way I see it, based on whether or not the Skins beat the Jets will determine which team we would be better off seeing lose.

If we win and move to 5-3, then the division title is still within reach so we root for the Eagles. Dallas and NY would BOTH be 6-2 and we'd just be 1 game back of both.

If we lose and drop to 4-4, even with Dallas losing and falling to 6-2, along with the Giants, I really don't think the division title will be a reality. So if we fall to 4-4, we need to root for the Cowboys to further bury the Eagles dropping them to 3-5 before they play us the following week.

Never mind the fact that "IF" we lose to the Jets, we will have bigger problems than WHO to root for...

I think this is a great question, but we must win for it to matter at all. With the Andy Reid situation, I don't see him being with the Eagles for much more of the season. I can't see them beating Dallas, they are pretty bad. With that said, never root for Dallas

The way I see it, based on whether or not the Skins beat the Jets will determine which team we would be better off seeing lose.

If we win and move to 5-3, then the division title is still within reach so we root for the Eagles. Dallas and NY would BOTH be 6-2 and we'd just be 1 game back of both.

If we lose and drop to 4-4, even with Dallas losing and falling to 6-2, along with the Giants, I really don't think the division title will be a reality. So if we fall to 4-4, we need to root for the Cowboys to further bury the Eagles dropping them to 3-5 before they play us the following week.

Never mind the fact that "IF" we lose to the Jets, we will have bigger problems than WHO to root for...

1st COMMANDMENT: Thou shalt not EVER root for the cowpukes. :logo:

2nd COMMANDMENT: See Commandment #1

If you look at Dallas' schedule it will "most likley" be beneficial for them to take a few teams out for us like Detroits, Carolina, possible NYGiants and Philly.

I'm as die hard a Skins fan as there is but I am also a realist, I I htink that Dallas is going to win this division and probably even get home field in the playoffs.

I want the Skins to make the playoffs, and if it means that Dallas beats a few teams along the way that we are competin with for a wild card spot, so be it.

But if after this weekend we are 4-4 and Dallas is 7-1 (God forbid) it is just as well as we look at the wild card...and in that case, we will be competing with the likes of the Lions, Panthers, Eagles, etc, all of whom Dallas plays.

Archived