Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boys vs Eagles...Ramifications on who to root for

FunBunch7

There's only two times each year that I pull for Philly, and this is one of them. The only exception being if Dallas and Philly meet in the playoffs, then I'd pull for Philly three times in a season. Rare, but it has happened.

We may hate the Giants.....we may despise the Eagles.....but we are all united against a common enemy: DALLAS.

Always root against Dallas, no matter the circumstances.

I will never root for Dallass. Under NO circumstances.

I have to disagree with this. As much as I HATE Dallas, there would be a situation where I would, as much as it would pain me, root for Dallas. It's the last game of the regular season and Dallas is playing an oppenent that has to lose in order for the Skins to make the playoffs. As a fan of the Redskins I don't see how anybody would rather have the Skins miss out on a playoff spot and a shot at the Super Bowl trophy just to see Dallas lose one game. :2cents:

The way I see it, based on whether or not the Skins beat the Jets will determine which team we would be better off seeing lose.

If we win and move to 5-3, then the division title is still within reach so we root for the Eagles. Dallas and NY would BOTH be 6-2 and we'd just be 1 game back of both.

If we lose and drop to 4-4, even with Dallas losing and falling to 6-2, along with the Giants, I really don't think the division title will be a reality. So if we fall to 4-4, we need to root for the Cowboys to further bury the Eagles dropping them to 3-5 before they play us the following week.

Never mind the fact that "IF" we lose to the Jets, we will have bigger problems than WHO to root for...

I do not think that we have a shot at the division, especially the way we are playing against good teams! I hate the Eagles and the further we can drop them the better. Dallas or NY will take the division so I will be rooting for the Cowboys to bury Phila. It's the lesser of 2 evils.

I still am in shock over the 52-7 loss and good teams don't get beat like that. I am still hopeful of 9-7 looking at the schedule, maybe 10-6. The NFC is weak and we can hopefully slip into the playoffs.

My expectations for this team from the beggining of the year have changed dramatically following our 2nd half collapes and the 52-7 debacle. Our D was exposed against NE and I now have a wait and see attitude. We were kind of exposed in the 2nd half against the Cards, which started me to worry about what the Pats would do to us.

I still am in shock over the 52-7 loss and good teams don't get beat like that.

What are you talking about? Bad teams don't even get beat like that! :laugh: Miami, the team with one of the worst records in all of the NFL thus far this season, put up 28 points! And the Redskins are better than them, but they sure as heck aren't playing like it. :mad:

Anyway, who to root for....heck....just thinking about that Lone Star state team makes me cringe. As it currently stands, Philly is on our heels. While, it would be wonderful to see Dallas fall this week, I would much rather have the Eagles take a beating and lose. Dallas will have to face New York next week. To me, it's unrealistic to think that we'll be able to take the division. I won't even indulge in that fantasy. We need to work on winning more games so that we can get into the playoffs.

Should Dallas beat the Eagles and we beat the Jets, then...

Dallas 7-1

Giants 6-2

Wash 5-3

Philly 3-5

Next week is when things get interesting. The Giants will be coming off a bye, and if they come with their A-game and beat Dallas, they'll be tied at 7-2. If we then beat Philly, we'll be 6-3 and Philly will be pushed even further down the NFC chain. Of course, all of this is predicated on the 'Skins winning the next two immediate games. If we lose one or both....well....

Should Detroit lose to Denver and/or Arizona (haha, yeah), they'll be 6-3 or 5-4. You ought to hope Tennesse can beat Carolina this week. They'll probably win their game against ATL and end up at 5-4. There's also Tampa, the Saints, and Arizona on our heels.

There are quite a number of games to go, and it is important that the Skins win a good majority of them if they are going to stay in this.

Let me say first, that I too hate the Cowboys. I'm not giving up the ghost on our own team's chances, but, this week I'll be rooting against the Eagles. I want to bury them this week, then knock off the "fraud" Giants the week after. Someone's going to win our division and we're not likely to catch Dallas the way they and us are playing like complete opposites. The trick is to get rid of as many teams between us and the top. If Philly and NY both beat Dallas, that only muddies the water.

Does anyone else notice how both NY and the Packers seem to flying high after we let them have those games against us?

I do not think that we have a shot at the division, especially the way we are playing against good teams! I hate the Eagles and the further we can drop them the better. Dallas or NY will take the division so I will be rooting for the Cowboys to bury Phila. It's the lesser of 2 evils.

I still am in shock over the 52-7 loss and good teams don't get beat like that. I am still hopeful of 9-7 looking at the schedule, maybe 10-6. The NFC is weak and we can hopefully slip into the playoffs.

My expectations for this team from the beggining of the year have changed dramatically following our 2nd half collapes and the 52-7 debacle. Our D was exposed against NE and I now have a wait and see attitude. We were kind of exposed in the 2nd half against the Cards, which started me to worry about what the Pats would do to us.

Umm my friend last season the world champs Colts was blasted by the Jags 43-17 to make a statement like no good teams lose like that is nonsense good teams as well has games like that .

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

We pull for Philly, period. No matter what happens with our game.... we never want Dallas to win.

:cheers:

i hate dallas
Philly either way.
never root for Dallas
Philly, of course.
I will never root for Dallass. Under NO circumstances.
Philly, much as I hate them.
Definitely want Philly to win
We may hate the Giants.....we may despise the Eagles.....but we are all united against a common enemy: DALLAS.

Always root against Dallas, no matter the circumstances.

Definitely the Eagles.
E-a-g-l-e-s

(never thought id say that)

1st COMMANDMENT: Thou shalt not EVER root for the cowpukes. :logo:

2nd COMMANDMENT: See Commandment #1

Philly is what is best for us right now
I'll be rooting for Romo sits to pee to throw 5 picks, TO to drop 8 passes, Barber to fumble 4 times, and the Eagles to win 3-0.

:)

Exactly. Never, ever root for the cowboys. The Eagles are my 2nd favorite team this week.
Is there an option for both teams to just drop dead before kickoff?

I would prefer Philly to win.

There's only two times each year that I pull for Philly, and this is one of them. The only exception being if Dallas and Philly meet in the playoffs, then I'd pull for Philly three times in a season.
I wouldnt root for dallas if they were the only team left in the nfl and they played on every channel and were broadcast on every radio station
:puke:E-A-G-L-E-S
Gotta pull for the Eagles

No true Skins fan would ever root for the cowpies!!!!

NEVER NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

HTTR!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

No true Skins fan would ever root for the cowpies!!!!

NEVER NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

HTTR!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

That is true however I know a Cowboy/Redskin fan that root for the Cowboys when the Skins play in Dallas and root for the Skins when they play at home Fed-ex :doh:

Archived