Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we have to endure another "thriller" against the lowly Jets?

FanSinceSonnyJ

I wish I could. But this team is a reflection of me, and I hold it to the same high expectations to which I hold myself. :(

How on Earth is this team a reflection on you? You are not out there playing, coaching, or managing the team. Don't let it get you that down my friend! Just take care of you and try to enjoy the bit of enjoyment that there is to be found with this team. Which is very few times unfortunately, but at the end of the day, they do not reflect on any of us.

amazing. some of the fans here are really out of control. so we got destroyed by a great team. it happens in all sports. who said we were a super bowl contender. we have a whole side of the offensive line gone. portis is injury prone. we cannot block for the run game now with the injuries. we have two receivers playing hard, randle, and cooley. moss is still recovering from his injury. campbell has played i believe 15 games as qb. defense is still one of the best. the skins are unable to keep the defense off the field. until that changes we will always be in a close game. i see green bay with only one loss, we should have beaten them, they were fortunate against denver, so i guess they are a super bowl challenger. i think most of us were hoping for a winning season this year. that is still a possibility even with all the problems. i can remember some skins teams that had to pass 40 to 50 times a game, and they did not do well. i remember, other teams having to pass that many times, none of them won. i am old enough to see it all in the nfl, and while i really hate what is happening to the skins, i understand the frustration of the coaching staff. they just dont have enough bullets in the gun. last year it was injuries to the defense, this year so far it is injuries on the offense.

I share your sentiments. Some around here are apologists and have excuses for every miscue, flaw, and bonehead decision made by this team. I'm sick of hearing we're playing like garbage only because of injuries to the OL. They weren't injured last year and we were 5-11.

Injuries were at LB and DB last year. We got hit hard.

The Jet's will look like champs against this woefully inept offensive nightmare of a team. I predict that there will be at least one defensive touchdown by the Jets, Moss will fumble on an reverse( oh yeah, that already happened didn't it)

Well, at the very least this game will be a huge ego builder for the Jets D. Our O has a way of making opposing defenses feel very, very good about themselves. :cool:

amazing. some of the fans here are really out of control. so we got destroyed by a great team. it happens in all sports. who said we were a super bowl contender. we have a whole side of the offensive line gone. portis is injury prone. we cannot block for the run game now with the injuries. we have two receivers playing hard, randle, and cooley. moss is still recovering from his injury. campbell has played i believe 15 games as qb. defense is still one of the best. the skins are unable to keep the defense off the field. until that changes we will always be in a close game. i see green bay with only one loss, we should have beaten them, they were fortunate against denver, so i guess they are a super bowl challenger. i think most of us were hoping for a winning season this year. that is still a possibility even with all the problems. i can remember some skins teams that had to pass 40 to 50 times a game, and they did not do well. i remember, other teams having to pass that many times, none of them won. i am old enough to see it all in the nfl, and while i really hate what is happening to the skins, i understand the frustration of the coaching staff. they just dont have enough bullets in the gun. last year it was injuries to the defense, this year so far it is injuries on the offense.

Good post.

Let us keep our fingers crossed, though.

There is still a chance that our injuries will heal in time for us to go to the playoffs.

I am certain of one thing: when we are healthy, we can compete with anyone.

Had enough of the Skin's thrillers or giving opposing teams hope. This game I want a win. Final can be 3-2 in our favor just win this particular game redeem yourself at home to the Eagles. Wanted our boys not to look foolish and embarrass themselves at the Pats and they totally failed. Hope they can put Jets away early and often all afternoon. No damn moral victory in a loss. Wont accept it.

Had enough of the Skin's thrillers or giving opposing teams hope. This game I want a win. Final can be 3-2 in our favor just win this particular game redeem yourself at home to the Eagles. Wanted our boys not to look foolish and embarrass themselves at the Pats and they totally failed. Hope they can put Jets away early and often all afternoon. No damn moral victory in a loss. Wont accept it.

I'm with you, this has to be statement game. If we can't dominate a 1-7 team with ease, then this offense really has issues. I don't care about all the talk about "getting back to basics" and establishing the run and holding people accountable. They should have been doing that from the beggining of the season.

The only thing I'm worried about is that we always play crappy in the meadowlands aka "ghettolands". Unless we beat the Jets 52-7, then I won't be satisfied.

I have been in a minority, Redskins fans who think that our talent on defense is just average. I give GW credit for our high ranking. He has been outguessing his opponents for the most part. But he didn't outguess Bellichick who exposed our weaknesses for all to see.

Mangini doesn't have much firepower -- plus Coles probably won't go and Vilma is out -- but Gregg Williams won't be able to screw with him, and the Skins haven't done anything (except the Detroit game) to make me confident that we can go on the road and beat the jets.

It just seems we always catch a team that is down, the week they play us they do a qb change and he plays lights out. There is no reason Clemons should play well against our D, but we will sit back no blitzs and let him build confidence. Then, yes, we will be in another dog fight!

First let me say this. This will be a close game unfortunately. :doh:

Second, it will be close for two reasons.

1 - The play not to loose attitude has trickled down from the coaching staff to the players now. You can see it in their eyes when they are interviewed now. There is no swagger because the coaches have none. I love Gibbs, but he needs to fire his team up, not "get back to basics". This is not about injuries. I'm tierd of hearing about injuries. Good teams can overcome most injuries except when they are in key positions( Like your starting QB ) . Every team has injuries. It's the good ones that can play through them.

2 - On defense GW has done really nothing special scheme wise. This defense has looked good most of the season based on talent. If GW decides to play the same kind of "coverage" defense he has all season against a QB that has less starts than our own I will :puke:. No blitzes on a Cards offense with a "one-armed" immobile QB. No blitzes on a starting QB that is still playing in a game he is winning 38-0, STILL THROWING the ball. ( Blitz the SOB and hit his knees! He'll take himself out of the game after that! :redpunch: )

My message to this team would be this :

Enough with the excuses. This OL should be able to block against a team that is 1-7 and missing their BEST defensive player. They are BACKUPS, not arena league players for *** sake! This defense should be able to blitz against a team with a new QB and their best WR not likely to play. BLOCK SOMEONE! HIT SOMEONE! BEAT SOMEONE who you should beat! Much like the Pats did to you last weekend. :2cents:

we should do to them what we did to the lions. but we wont, we will win by a field goal, and everyone homer here will tell the others to stop whining and enjoy a win. spare us, this team has underachieved for to long and its starting to irritate me

You nailed it! You even correctly predicted the reaction afterwards.... :notworthy

Archived