Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we have to endure another "thriller" against the lowly Jets?

FanSinceSonnyJ

My fear is that coming off the embarassing whipping we took against the Pats, we will win the Jets game in the same manner we've won against the 0-7 Dolphins and the always lowly Cards...decided in overtime or the final seconds.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of these kind of wins. We should beat the Jets handily, yet as of today we are whopping 3 1/2 points favorite.

Let's hope we don't have to endure another 14-13 sleepfest that will be decided in the final seconds by field goal. Let's hope we do something that we have not done in quite a while - play two complete halves of football. Let's hope we can actually get a WR to catch a TD pass or any medium range pass. Let's hope our defense has one of their "good" days. Most importantly let's hope the Pats debacle will finally wake this team and coaching stuff out of the 21 game slumber they've apparantly been in.

Sorry guys, that Pats game has just completely taken the wind out of my sails when it comes to the prospects of this team under Gibbs II. I've been patient and waiting for any flashes of Gibbs I to emerge, to absolutely no avail. This coming from a guy who is one of Joe Gibbs' biggest fans.

Sadly Len Shapiro has it absolutely correct: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/31/AR2007103102008.html

My fear is that coming off the embarassing whipping we took against the Pats, we will win the Jets game in the same manner we've won against the 0-7 Dolphins and the always lowly Cards...decided in overtime or the final seconds.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of these kind of wins. We should beat the Jets handily, yet as of today we are whopping 3 1/2 points favorite.

Let's hope we don't have to endure another 14-13 sleepfest that will be decided in the final seconds by field goal. Let's hope we do something that we have not done in quite a while - play two complete halves of football. Let's hope we can actually get a WR to catch a TD pass or any medium range pass. Let's hope our defense has one of their "good" days. Most importantly let's hope the Pats debacle will finally wake this team and coaching stuff out of the 21 game slumber they've apparantly been in.

Sorry guys, that Pats game has just completely taken the wind out of my sails when it comes to the prospects of this team under Gibbs II. I've been patient and waiting for any flashes of Gibbs I to emerge, to absolutely no avail. This coming from a guy who is one of Joe Gibbs' biggest fans.

Sadly Len Shapiro has it absolutely correct: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/31/AR2007103102008.html

Archived