Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we have to endure another "thriller" against the lowly Jets?

FanSinceSonnyJ

we should do to them what we did to the lions. but we wont, we will win by a field goal, and everyone homer here will tell the others to stop whining and enjoy a win. spare us, this team has underachieved for to long and its starting to irritate me

I share your sentiments. Some around here are apologists and have excuses for every miscue, flaw, and bonehead decision made by this team. I'm sick of hearing we're playing like garbage only because of injuries to the OL. They weren't injured last year and we were 5-11.

we should do to them what we did to the lions. but we wont, we will win by a field goal, and everyone homer here will tell the others to stop whining and enjoy a win. spare us, this team has underachieved for to long and its starting to irritate me

I share your sentiments. Some around here are apologists and have excuses for every miscue, flaw, and bonehead decision made by this team. I'm sick of hearing we're playing like garbage only because of injuries to the OL. They weren't injured last year and we were 5-11.

The Pats game shows what Gibbs II has come to.... nothing after 4 years.

They Skins could easily loose this game and then finish out at 6-10. It wouldnt suprise me one bit. They have no fire and are a bunch of overpaid average atheletes.

I hope I am wrong but I see a 20-13 Jets win in the Meadowlands.

The Pats game shows what Gibbs II has come to.... nothing after 4 years.

They Skins could easily loose this game and then finish out at 6-10. It wouldnt suprise me one bit. They have no fire and are a bunch of overpaid average atheletes.

I hope I am wrong but I see a 20-13 Jets win in the Meadowlands.

well, our team just had its annual "time to get serious and play Redskins football" inspirational moment so who knows.

Yeah and this was the response as quoted in the WP..."It's not a big deal, it happens three to four times a year," one veteran, who requested anonymity, said yesterday. "It wasn't any kind of turning-point situation."

Doesn't sound to me like the team had a "get serious and play Redskins football" moment.

well, our team just had its annual "time to get serious and play Redskins football" inspirational moment so who knows.

Yeah and this was the response as quoted in the WP..."It's not a big deal, it happens three to four times a year," one veteran, who requested anonymity, said yesterday. "It wasn't any kind of turning-point situation."

Doesn't sound to me like the team had a "get serious and play Redskins football" moment.

I expect a close game..Haven't most of the jets games been close, even though they're 1-7?

All but one, in fact.

Week 1- vs new England- Loss 38-14

Week 2- at Baltimore- Loss 20-13. Clemmons had the Jets poised to tie the game, but Cotterchy dropped 2 passes in the last minute

Week 3- vs Miami- Win 31-28

Week 4- at Buffalo- Loss 17-14

Week 5- at Giants- Loss 35-24. Jets were winning that game & ran out of steam in the 4th quarter

Week 6- Philly- Loss 16-9. Again, had a chance to tie late, but the Eagles had a goal line stand with 3 minutes left.

Week 7- at Cincy- Loss 38-31. Had the ball down one score late, but Chad threw a pick 6

Week 8- Buffalo- Loss 13-3. Their worst offensive performance of the season.

While the Jets find ways to lose every week, they very rarely get blown out.

I expect a close game..Haven't most of the jets games been close, even though they're 1-7?

All but one, in fact.

Week 2- at Baltimore- Loss 20-13. Clemmons had the Jets poised to tie the game, but Cotterchy dropped 2 passes in the last minute

Week 5- at Giants- Loss 35-24. Jets were winning that game & ran out of steam in the 4th quarter

Week 6- Philly- Loss 16-9. Again, had a chance to tie late, but the Eagles had a goal line stand with 3 minutes left.

Week 7- at Cincy- Loss 38-31. Had the ball down one score late, but Chad threw a pick 6

Hey people let us not forget that the Jet's coach comes from the Bellicheck coaching tree, I am also willing to bet that the Jet's game plan will look an aweful lot like what we saw last Sunday. So why anyone here believes we will beat this team might be on suicide watch come sunday evening.

The best thing that can happen is someone get Gibbs off the sideline for this game and let Al Saunders dial up plays like he did in KC, this smashmouth redskin football crap isn't working and won't work. Can someone please tell and maybe smack that into Gibbs so he realizes this? Also the WR screens the counter tre's and all the other stupid ridiculous plays that Gibbs has been forcing Saunders to call again isn't working. We have WR's will speed and a tight end with speed and we have a strong armed QB, heck if you live and die by the run and don't have the personal no longer to run it, then you adapt what you do have and use those tools and put them into position to succeed. Shotgun 4 WR sets, after the ball is hiked JC counts to 3 or 4 and throws the ball........

This isn't rocket science people.......

All this coach speak and all the other crap they are feeding the masses is crazy. Gibbs needs to come clean and be honest with himself and take himself totally out of the game planning and calling.............

Hey people let us not forget that the Jet's coach comes from the Bellicheck coaching tree, I am also willing to bet that the Jet's game plan will look an aweful lot like what we saw last Sunday. So why anyone here believes we will beat this team might be on suicide watch come sunday evening.

The best thing that can happen is someone get Gibbs off the sideline for this game and let Al Saunders dial up plays like he did in KC, this smashmouth redskin football crap isn't working and won't work. Can someone please tell and maybe smack that into Gibbs so he realizes this? Also the WR screens the counter tre's and all the other stupid ridiculous plays that Gibbs has been forcing Saunders to call again isn't working. We have WR's will speed and a tight end with speed and we have a strong armed QB, heck if you live and die by the run and don't have the personal no longer to run it, then you adapt what you do have and use those tools and put them into position to succeed. Shotgun 4 WR sets, after the ball is hiked JC counts to 3 or 4 and throws the ball........

This isn't rocket science people.......

All this coach speak and all the other crap they are feeding the masses is crazy. Gibbs needs to come clean and be honest with himself and take himself totally out of the game planning and calling.............

Its all gonna be about getting some respect back and some momentum going in against the Iggles!!

Yeah, right. This offense has no heart. We will be what we are on offense, predictable, boring and inept. This team has no sense of urgency and is coached by cowardice. Sorry, but I have NO faith in what Gibbs can do anymore. He is done.

Its all gonna be about getting some respect back and some momentum going in against the Iggles!!

Yeah, right. This offense has no heart. We will be what we are on offense, predictable, boring and inept. This team has no sense of urgency and is coached by cowardice. Sorry, but I have NO faith in what Gibbs can do anymore. He is done.

We just need a win, regardless of how it happens. JC is a young QB and is gaining experience either way. He is not ready to just take over games yet and doesn't have the pass protection or the run game to take the pressure off. Have patience, the team is moving in the right direction. The Patriots have been crushing everyone and Belichick always does great against young QBs. That was JC's first time against a 3-4 Defense and they have a pretty good one.

The bright side of the loss is that now JC has faced a 3-4 and has film to go with the experience. The Cowboys run a 3-4 and that could be big. The game only counts as 1 loss and its over. The Jet game will be close and it will probably come down to JC making plays to try and win in the end.

This season seams to be about holding on until the offense gets its stride and hopefully it will be in time to make a run to the playoffs. This team is more impressive to me than any Redskin team I have seen in a long time. Gibbs has done a great job and I will not be discouraged by 1 really bad whoopin'.

I heard it said recently that if the offensive has 1 player that doesn't do his job, the whole offense looks bad and if the defense has 1 player that makes a good play the whole defense looks good. The Patriot offense is clicking like a machine and everyone does his job on every play. Something to strive for, but not to expect from this team yet. Close game, Redskins win.

All but one, in fact.

Thats what I thought..Thanks for posting that.

I love the people mentioning the Cards and Jets in the same breath. Let's see...Boldin, Fitzgerald, Edge, Warner...loads of young athletic talent on defense.

The Jets...um...Vilma out for the season, Coles with a concussion...one of the worst D's in the league...greenhorn QB.

No comparison at all.

I agree..The cardinals are alot better than the jets..People say we haven't beaten anyone, but we destroyed a 5-2 lions team, and we beat a 4-4? cardinals team who beat the steelers and seahawks.

I would love to have a relaxing Sunday afternoon starting around maybe 3:05, and just kind of exhale as they pull away, something like 27-10. Is it too much to ask for?

Boy isn't that the truth! It will probably be the same forumala we saw before the Pats meltdown. We are up 14-3 at the half and end either winning 14-10 with time expiring as the Jets are reaching our goal line, or lose 17-14 as the Jets cross our goal line in the final seconds.

We seem to reach our limit of TD's after 2. :(

Archived