Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Len Shapiro : Coaching Is Not for Gibbs These Days (Mod formatted title)

ccsl2

Wow what an awesome ON POINT article, for any idiot that doesn't like the read it's because the truth hurts. Maybe someone at Redskins Park will tape it to Gibbs office door, bathroom stall and windshield, and home front door. The man needs to walk away with some assemblance of grace left.
If not agreeing with the article makes me an idiot, than I geuss I can admit to some assemblance of idiocy.
This writer has balls. Gibbs the second is basically worse than Norv Turner.
I beg to differ.
I can bet that Norv will be taking his team to the playoffs.
Correction, Norv will be taking Marty's team to the playoffs.
What has Gibbs done?
Won 4 NFC Championships, 3 Super Bowls, 2 NASCAR Championships, been enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and more recently, led the Redskins to their first postseason appearence in 6 years.
MORE UPHEAVAL? THATS WHAT YOU WANT?

. . .

FOOTBALL FRANCHISES ARE NOT ****ING MICROWAVE BURRITOS.

. . .

I SWEAR TO GOD PEOPLE ARE TAKING FOOTBALL STUPID PILLS.

. . .

Great post bro! :laugh:

Wow what an awesome ON POINT article, for any idiot that doesn't like the read it's because the truth hurts. Maybe someone at Redskins Park will tape it to Gibbs office door, bathroom stall and windshield, and home front door. The man needs to walk away with some assemblance of grace left.
If not agreeing with the article makes me an idiot, than I geuss I can admit to some assemblance of idiocy.
This writer has balls. Gibbs the second is basically worse than Norv Turner.
I beg to differ.
I can bet that Norv will be taking his team to the playoffs.
Correction, Norv will be taking Marty's team to the playoffs.
What has Gibbs done?
Won 4 NFC Championships, 3 Super Bowls, 2 NASCAR Championships, been enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and more recently, led the Redskins to their first postseason appearence in 6 years.
MORE UPHEAVAL? THATS WHAT YOU WANT?

. . .

FOOTBALL FRANCHISES ARE NOT ****ING MICROWAVE BURRITOS.

. . .

I SWEAR TO GOD PEOPLE ARE TAKING FOOTBALL STUPID PILLS.

. . .

Great post bro! :laugh:

Am I saying it's all roses? No their are obviously problems with the team, but the umbrage that I take with lemmings like this guy is the fact that it doesn't matter what we finish. If we win all of our games he's not going to apologize for jumping to conclusions. Let the season play out before calling for a guys retirement. It's disrespectful and Gibbs winning or not has at least earned the respect to finish out the season before there's a three page article saying he should retire in one of the most widlely read newspapers in the country.

Pretty much sums up all of my thoughts. This article is premature by a longshot.

Jason

Am I saying it's all roses? No their are obviously problems with the team, but the umbrage that I take with lemmings like this guy is the fact that it doesn't matter what we finish. If we win all of our games he's not going to apologize for jumping to conclusions. Let the season play out before calling for a guys retirement. It's disrespectful and Gibbs winning or not has at least earned the respect to finish out the season before there's a three page article saying he should retire in one of the most widlely read newspapers in the country.

Pretty much sums up all of my thoughts. This article is premature by a longshot.

Jason

Christ you would think we don't have a winning record currently. Shapiro bases the article on a game against a team who is beating everyone they play by 35 points. I guess Tony Dungy better get ready to hang it up as well if he loses against the Patriots. I'll wait with bated breath for that article.

Wake up already. He is basing it on years of crap......plain and simple. We were crap last year.....and we are crap again this year.

You want that again next year?

Christ you would think we don't have a winning record currently. Shapiro bases the article on a game against a team who is beating everyone they play by 35 points. I guess Tony Dungy better get ready to hang it up as well if he loses against the Patriots. I'll wait with bated breath for that article.

Wake up already. He is basing it on years of crap......plain and simple. We were crap last year.....and we are crap again this year.

You want that again next year?

Typical Snyder hater. Gibbs is soft.

Pretty much 70% of the board here.

Nothing new...move along

This board consists of the most die-hard Skins fans around. If, by your estimation, 70% of the most die-hard fans hate Snyder and Gibbs, thats pretty significant, no? If they do, it's only a matter of time until 70% of the casual fans feel the same way.

Typical Snyder hater. Gibbs is soft.

Pretty much 70% of the board here.

Nothing new...move along

This board consists of the most die-hard Skins fans around. If, by your estimation, 70% of the most die-hard fans hate Snyder and Gibbs, thats pretty significant, no? If they do, it's only a matter of time until 70% of the casual fans feel the same way.

Since when is there any truth in the media? This guy is a joke for a reporter, or columnist, or whatever he claims to be. This is his personal opinion based on nothing. Anyone who is on the bandwagon with this must believe everytime we lose a game, someone has to be fired. The worse part is, that I, like most of you, took time to read this crap. It's sad to think that this was once a somewhat respectable paper, now it is nothing more than another tabloid. IMO, you can also thank them personally for keeping Monk out of the HOF. What's next, trash talking Darrell Green after his HOF nomination?

Since when is there any truth in the media? This guy is a joke for a reporter, or columnist, or whatever he claims to be. This is his personal opinion based on nothing. Anyone who is on the bandwagon with this must believe everytime we lose a game, someone has to be fired. The worse part is, that I, like most of you, took time to read this crap. It's sad to think that this was once a somewhat respectable paper, now it is nothing more than another tabloid. IMO, you can also thank them personally for keeping Monk out of the HOF. What's next, trash talking Darrell Green after his HOF nomination?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/31/AR2007103102008.html

I am sorry if this has already been posted.

Interesting read.

Great article and right on the money. I've been reading Len Shapiro articles on the Skins going back to the George Allen days.

Like so many of his articles, he is right on the money with his thoughts in this article. I've sadly reached the same conclusion as him after watching this team be completely embarassed in the Pats game. The hill still yet to climb to get this franchise back to where it was under Gibbs I is just to steep.

Dan Snyder should have provided Gibbs a real GM to work with under Gibbs II.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/31/AR2007103102008.html

I am sorry if this has already been posted.

Interesting read.

Great article and right on the money. I've been reading Len Shapiro articles on the Skins going back to the George Allen days.

Like so many of his articles, he is right on the money with his thoughts in this article. I've sadly reached the same conclusion as him after watching this team be completely embarassed in the Pats game. The hill still yet to climb to get this franchise back to where it was under Gibbs I is just to steep.

Dan Snyder should have provided Gibbs a real GM to work with under Gibbs II.

Archived