Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Len Shapiro : Coaching Is Not for Gibbs These Days (Mod formatted title)

ccsl2

Again I have to ask, why are people trying to push Gibbs out of the door?

He signed a five year contract when he came back and next year is his fifth year. I doubt very seriously he ever intended to coach a sixth year. Assuming I would want to a new coach, I'm more than willing to let him fulfill his contract. Leaving after this season is highly unlikely to make the team better next year or set us back any further than we would be with a new coach.

Get off his back for God's sake! :mad:

He signed a five year contract when he came back and next year is his fifth year. I doubt very seriously he ever intended to coach a sixth year. Assuming I would want to a new coach, I'm more than willing to let him fulfill his contract. Leaving after this season is highly unlikely to make the team better next year or set us back any further than we would be with a new coach.

Because, it's plain for many of us to see that he's not going to get it done this time around. There's no innovation, there's no confidence, there's no aggressiveness....just the same, tired, scared gameplan, week after week, year after year, expecting things to change for some reason, but never getting much different results.

Because, it's plain for many of us to see that he's not going to get it done this time around. There's no innovation, there's no confidence, there's no aggressiveness....just the same, tired, scared gameplan, week after week, year after year, expecting things to change for some reason, but never getting much different results.

I'm willing to give him his full 5 years, but only because of what he did for this franchise back in the 80s. I would expect year 5 to be another losing season however.

I'm willing to give him his full 5 years, but only because of what he did for this franchise back in the 80s. I would expect year 5 to be another losing season however.

Shapiro's right, and it's about time people take off their rose-tinted glasses and see Gibbs for what he is. Sadly, it looks more and more like Gibbs would not have been so successful the first time around were it not for competent GMs like Beathard and Casserly.

You think the Skins who won 3 Super Bowls in the 80s didn't have to overcome injuries?

Archived