Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Len Shapiro : Coaching Is Not for Gibbs These Days (Mod formatted title)

ccsl2

Shapiro's right, and it's about time people take off their rose-tinted glasses and see Gibbs for what he is. Sadly, it looks more and more like Gibbs would not have been so successful the first time around were it not for competent GMs like Beathard and Casserly.

You think the Skins who won 3 Super Bowls in the 80s didn't have to overcome injuries?

This is a good read. Brings up a good point about Pioli in New England.

For those of you clamoring for Gibbs to become the Skins GM, you're sorely mistaken. Gibbs has often said he wasn't good at evaluating talent. We need to get Cerrato and Snyder to take a step back and get a real GM in. Snyder can save alot of money by getting a good GM. He's a businessman. This makes sense.

Or not.

This is a good read. Brings up a good point about Pioli in New England.

For those of you clamoring for Gibbs to become the Skins GM, you're sorely mistaken. Gibbs has often said he wasn't good at evaluating talent. We need to get Cerrato and Snyder to take a step back and get a real GM in. Snyder can save alot of money by getting a good GM. He's a businessman. This makes sense.

Or not.

I thought this passage was telling:

"In a rare television interview last month with George Michael, Snyder asked outloud, with a perfectly straight face, why Gibbs would now need a GM. After all, he said, his coach never employed a GM for his NASCAR racing team, and look how succesful that became.

Surely Snyder has to know that producing championship cars and championship football teams is pure apples and oranges. It's sort of like trying to run a successful amusement park operation while you own an NFL franchise. (Anyone check Six Flags stock lately?)

And if Snyder really does believe the two sports are comparable in any way, even more reason for Gibbs to walk away, or up to the presidential suite, and sooner rather than later."

I thought this passage was telling:

"In a rare television interview last month with George Michael, Snyder asked outloud, with a perfectly straight face, why Gibbs would now need a GM. After all, he said, his coach never employed a GM for his NASCAR racing team, and look how succesful that became.

Surely Snyder has to know that producing championship cars and championship football teams is pure apples and oranges. It's sort of like trying to run a successful amusement park operation while you own an NFL franchise. (Anyone check Six Flags stock lately?)

And if Snyder really does believe the two sports are comparable in any way, even more reason for Gibbs to walk away, or up to the presidential suite, and sooner rather than later."

This writer has balls. Gibbs the second is basically worse than Norv Turner. I can bet that Norv will be taking his team to the playoffs. What has Gibbs done? Nothing. He's supposed to be an offensive guru, but it's our defense that's great. Credit goes to Gregg Williams, who actually knows how to coach.

This writer has balls. Gibbs the second is basically worse than Norv Turner. I can bet that Norv will be taking his team to the playoffs. What has Gibbs done? Nothing. He's supposed to be an offensive guru, but it's our defense that's great. Credit goes to Gregg Williams, who actually knows how to coach.

I'm willing to give him his full 5 years, but only because of what he did for this franchise back in the 80s. I would expect year 5 to be another losing season however.

Wow maybe I am not understanding or missing something, but for me the 3200 bucks Snyder is getting out of me every March and the product Gibbs has put on the field these past 4 years makes it impossible for me to want to see this man and this sorry excuse for a offense play again this year much less next.

Do we not realize the same arguments people are using for Gibbs is the same exact reasons from years past 1 - 3. Injuries are a part of the game and if Gibbs isn't smart enough to draft players and develop them and if Joe Bugel can no longer be a effective line coach then both of them need to walk NOW.

I am very appreciative of everything Gibbs did during his "Glory" years but everytime I watch this team continually call the same retarded play, everytime I see Gibbs giving that same old tired press conference the more I want to totally become a Redskin Hater!

Any person that wants Gibbs to be here his entire 5 years based on the little if ANY postives I can see is either a Dallas Fan, Retarded or simply Bass Ackwards. :2cents:

I'm willing to give him his full 5 years, but only because of what he did for this franchise back in the 80s. I would expect year 5 to be another losing season however.

Wow maybe I am not understanding or missing something, but for me the 3200 bucks Snyder is getting out of me every March and the product Gibbs has put on the field these past 4 years makes it impossible for me to want to see this man and this sorry excuse for a offense play again this year much less next.

Do we not realize the same arguments people are using for Gibbs is the same exact reasons from years past 1 - 3. Injuries are a part of the game and if Gibbs isn't smart enough to draft players and develop them and if Joe Bugel can no longer be a effective line coach then both of them need to walk NOW.

I am very appreciative of everything Gibbs did during his "Glory" years but everytime I watch this team continually call the same retarded play, everytime I see Gibbs giving that same old tired press conference the more I want to totally become a Redskin Hater!

Any person that wants Gibbs to be here his entire 5 years based on the little if ANY postives I can see is either a Dallas Fan, Retarded or simply Bass Ackwards. :2cents:

Ouch...

The thing to keep in mind is what it would be like without Gibbs. No matter the coach Snyder brings in, he won't have the clout that Gibbs has with Snyder and Cerrato. That means more fantasy football and more of the owner calling out the coach in the locker room. While I can't say that I have been especially happy with the results on the field, it can and probably will get worse when Gibbs leaves.

Ouch...

The thing to keep in mind is what it would be like without Gibbs. No matter the coach Snyder brings in, he won't have the clout that Gibbs has with Snyder and Cerrato. That means more fantasy football and more of the owner calling out the coach in the locker room. While I can't say that I have been especially happy with the results on the field, it can and probably will get worse when Gibbs leaves.

he'd have been fired after the giants game last year if his name wasnt Joe Gibbs. like snyder would have accepted that from anyone if it wasnt the local DC hero. and we just came out and got completely embarrassed/murdered/destroyed, and instead of saying anything to the public about how terrible it was, we get his generic lame "were in this together' speech. i know im not the only one sick of hear that. and if its coachspeak, fine. gibbs got away with it in the 80s becase we were winning. people need to be held accountable, not showered with praise when they suck.

he'd have been fired after the giants game last year if his name wasnt Joe Gibbs. like snyder would have accepted that from anyone if it wasnt the local DC hero. and we just came out and got completely embarrassed/murdered/destroyed, and instead of saying anything to the public about how terrible it was, we get his generic lame "were in this together' speech. i know im not the only one sick of hear that. and if its coachspeak, fine. gibbs got away with it in the 80s becase we were winning. people need to be held accountable, not showered with praise when they suck.

Well, I know I'm not a Dallas fan. The other 2 are debatable.

However, if the choice comes down to Snyder firing Gibbs or him staying, I'd vote for him to stay. If Snyder fires him, no matter the record this season, this team will be in serious trouble.

Well, I know I'm not a Dallas fan. The other 2 are debatable.

However, if the choice comes down to Snyder firing Gibbs or him staying, I'd vote for him to stay. If Snyder fires him, no matter the record this season, this team will be in serious trouble.

Archived