Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFAN's Mike and The Mad Dog Comment

skins fan1010

I'm thinking that the Ravens might have a little something for Brady if they try and pull that **** against them. Remember that their defensive coordinator has the blood of Buddy Ryan running through him. Someone will take a shot, someone will.

Bounty Bowl III....Rex has to pony up more than the alleged $200 on zendejas's head in BBI though.:cheers:

I'm thinking that the Ravens might have a little something for Brady if they try and pull that **** against them. Remember that their defensive coordinator has the blood of Buddy Ryan running through him. Someone will take a shot, someone will.

Bounty Bowl III....Rex has to pony up more than the alleged $200 on zendejas's head in BBI though.:cheers:

I did a search, but didn't see this and given that it was on NY's WFAN, I suspect Skins fans may have missed it.

Mike and the Mad Dog spent a good five minutes today on the absurdity of Bill Belichick running up the score on the Skins. You can agree or disagree, but they certainly are not Redskins’ fans and they thought Belichick was an ass. They specifically pointed to the two pass plays; the first one when they were up by 38 and the second when up by 45. They then started laughing and said “throwing the ball when you’re up by 45 with seven minutes left? What was he thinking?”

They went on to say that they wouldn’t be surprised if Brady lost a knee ligament sometime before the Pats could be crowned as the Super Bowl champs and that it would all be Belichick’s fault.

Well, Mike Francesa is a good friend of Parcells, so he may not be crazy about Belichick. I think he had a lot of criticism for the homeless HC when he was under contract to take over as Jets HC when Parcells stepped down, then resigned immediately after becoming Jets's HC and running off to coach the Pats. It was a classless move and Mike called him on it at the time.

Good to see Mike and the Dog criticizing this as well. I'm not whining about the scoring, but I dislike the way it was done - with starters still in the game late, passing on 4th down and passing to score TDs in a blowout.

I did a search, but didn't see this and given that it was on NY's WFAN, I suspect Skins fans may have missed it.

Mike and the Mad Dog spent a good five minutes today on the absurdity of Bill Belichick running up the score on the Skins. You can agree or disagree, but they certainly are not Redskins’ fans and they thought Belichick was an ass. They specifically pointed to the two pass plays; the first one when they were up by 38 and the second when up by 45. They then started laughing and said “throwing the ball when you’re up by 45 with seven minutes left? What was he thinking?”

They went on to say that they wouldn’t be surprised if Brady lost a knee ligament sometime before the Pats could be crowned as the Super Bowl champs and that it would all be Belichick’s fault.

Well, Mike Francesa is a good friend of Parcells, so he may not be crazy about Belichick. I think he had a lot of criticism for the homeless HC when he was under contract to take over as Jets HC when Parcells stepped down, then resigned immediately after becoming Jets's HC and running off to coach the Pats. It was a classless move and Mike called him on it at the time.

Good to see Mike and the Dog criticizing this as well. I'm not whining about the scoring, but I dislike the way it was done - with starters still in the game late, passing on 4th down and passing to score TDs in a blowout.

Nice find. I heard that as well and my wife and I were talking about it tonight. Gibbs comment about it is understandable b/c he doesn't want "press material." I am leaning towards the "totally bullish and unnecessary" point of view though. Looking back, you gotta' shake your head and wonder why the hell they did that. Belichik is a ****y coach, and I guess it's somewhat justified. I do want them to lose next week, and as much as I am an advocate of clean football play, I wouldn't mind seeing someone knock Brady out. I know that's a pretty classless way to think, but deep down, a lot of people would like nothing more than to see Brady's pretty ass whincing after a big hit on him. I don't wish a season ending injury [or career ending injury...definitely not] on the guy or anything, but a little 2-4 week outer would make me smile :evil: I just hope we can play them again real soon. Part of me still agrees with the other side of the argument though that we allowed them to do whatever they wanted to. I'm really more concerned about how we'll respond and less worried about what the hell the Pats do the rest of the season. F' 'um. Let's just hope that they put up huge numbers at the end of the year and fall short of the Big Prize. That would be totally gratifying :2cents:

HTTR

Nice find. I heard that as well and my wife and I were talking about it tonight. Gibbs comment about it is understandable b/c he doesn't want "press material." I am leaning towards the "totally bullish and unnecessary" point of view though. Looking back, you gotta' shake your head and wonder why the hell they did that. Belichik is a ****y coach, and I guess it's somewhat justified. I do want them to lose next week, and as much as I am an advocate of clean football play, I wouldn't mind seeing someone knock Brady out. I know that's a pretty classless way to think, but deep down, a lot of people would like nothing more than to see Brady's pretty ass whincing after a big hit on him. I don't wish a season ending injury [or career ending injury...definitely not] on the guy or anything, but a little 2-4 week outer would make me smile :evil: I just hope we can play them again real soon. Part of me still agrees with the other side of the argument though that we allowed them to do whatever they wanted to. I'm really more concerned about how we'll respond and less worried about what the hell the Pats do the rest of the season. F' 'um. Let's just hope that they put up huge numbers at the end of the year and fall short of the Big Prize. That would be totally gratifying :2cents:

HTTR

It's going to happen sometime by someone. BB's running up the score and using video to cheat is filtering through the league. The deep passes against us. The cheating against the Jets. Punching in a TD against the Cowboys with 19 seconds left. Pulling Brady against the Dolphins only to reinsert him after the backup throws a pick. One of these days these players will change teams. Asst coaches will take other head coach positions, etc and Brady is going to be in a bad position. The bullseye is getting bigger and bigger on his back. I'm sure Belichick will try to hammer the Jets and Mangini will try to return the favor somehow. I may be tuning in for that one.

It's going to happen sometime by someone. BB's running up the score and using video to cheat is filtering through the league. The deep passes against us. The cheating against the Jets. Punching in a TD against the Cowboys with 19 seconds left. Pulling Brady against the Dolphins only to reinsert him after the backup throws a pick. One of these days these players will change teams. Asst coaches will take other head coach positions, etc and Brady is going to be in a bad position. The bullseye is getting bigger and bigger on his back. I'm sure Belichick will try to hammer the Jets and Mangini will try to return the favor somehow. I may be tuning in for that one.

Not for nothing, but if Brady was to receive a season ending injury, it should've been dealt by us. That would never happen, because Gibbs' classiness rubs off on the team, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Someone will dish out a dirty shot to Brady. I don't think it will be the Colts, for the same reason as the Skins. I'm thinking the Jets on Dec 16th.

One small problem with your theory here. You have to GET to him to do what you're describing! That's just it. NO ONE ever gets a hand on the guy. Kudos to his o-line/RBs.

Not for nothing, but if Brady was to receive a season ending injury, it should've been dealt by us. That would never happen, because Gibbs' classiness rubs off on the team, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Someone will dish out a dirty shot to Brady. I don't think it will be the Colts, for the same reason as the Skins. I'm thinking the Jets on Dec 16th.

One small problem with your theory here. You have to GET to him to do what you're describing! That's just it. NO ONE ever gets a hand on the guy. Kudos to his o-line/RBs.

People are all for running up the score cuz that's what football is all about. That may be....but let's be reasonable here. You're up 38-0, if there's anything the Pats want to test out, it's NOT their passing game. It's their running game. 4th and 2, and you decide to go for it, and not only go for it, but pass it? WTF is that? At least run it you ass-holes.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't have had much problem with it had they run it on 4th down those couple of times.

People are all for running up the score cuz that's what football is all about. That may be....but let's be reasonable here. You're up 38-0, if there's anything the Pats want to test out, it's NOT their passing game. It's their running game. 4th and 2, and you decide to go for it, and not only go for it, but pass it? WTF is that? At least run it you ass-holes.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't have had much problem with it had they run it on 4th down those couple of times.

today on the radio they were interviewing a coach who coaches some team here in montreal. basically he was disgusted and said "the object of the game is to win, not to score as many points as you can." "once you know the game is won, you respect the other team and kneel it down"

today on the radio they were interviewing a coach who coaches some team here in montreal. basically he was disgusted and said "the object of the game is to win, not to score as many points as you can." "once you know the game is won, you respect the other team and kneel it down"

If they play the Steelers, then Brady better get used to Steelers Defenders "Falling on his knees" the second that happens I'[m cheering like a mad man, if Lewis doesn't decapitate Brady first. Glad they get the Steelers, the most classless team versus the dirtiest team in the league

If they play the Steelers, then Brady better get used to Steelers Defenders "Falling on his knees" the second that happens I'[m cheering like a mad man, if Lewis doesn't decapitate Brady first. Glad they get the Steelers, the most classless team versus the dirtiest team in the league

Archived