Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trick Plays vs the Patriots?

FunBunch7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's tough to run trick plays on a team where everyone does their job and covers their area of responsibility the way the Pats D does. They don't have many exceptional players on D, but they all do their job and run the defense the way Belichick draws it up. I doubt you'd catch them overpursuing to on side of the field enough for a reverse to work. Chances are, they'd have someone on the opposite end staying at home and forcing in the reverse. A flea flicker probably wouldn't work either, as their D backs usually stick with their assignment for the entire play.

Not saying it wouldn't be worth a shot, just to try to mix it up a bit and keep them guessing a little. But it's still going to be tough.

I REALLY htink we have to do "something". Last year in the pre season we were "hiding" our playbook...yeah, it didn't turn out too well..

Maybe it's possible that the Skins have been "hiding"their playbook leading up to this game...we can all see how UNIMAGINABLE our offense has been thus far, injuries aside...

Gibbs historically has been good for a trick play or two in big games.

The facts are, the patriots are better than us...WAY better...it's not to say we can't beat them, but we have to do something other than what we've been doing...

I think our defense can hold them to 30 points...we have to score in the 30's to win...and to do that, we have to "do something".

also i wonder if williams has been saving blitz schemes for the patriots.

id like to think that he isnt as conservative as gibbs, and that when gibbs leaves and williams takes over well have some killer instinct.

if he tries to play coverage like he has been were going to be in for a long day of bet watson. the patriots are not dumb enough to allow the cover 2 to go unexploited like our previous opponents.

I think after watching the Cardinals screw up TWO trick plays in the red zone against the Redskins, my vote is for ZERO trick plays against the Patriots.

And one suggestion for play deletion: strike the reverse to Moss at midfield from the playbook. Everyone knows its coming and Moss has gotten little yardage on this play for quite some time now :mad:

I predict portis Pass on a sweep....sadly the ball is picked off when portis's mouth gets in the way of his follow though and instead of pointing his throwing finger at the reciever he points it at the coachs on the sideline..

....Can I change my vote to Randle El on an end around pass?

:helmet:

hand off to portis who gives el the reverse. el then throws to campbell who took off on a hook route and once he catches it tosses the lateral to moss who was running a dig across the formation

:laugh: You're 26? Read your play again. You still think it will work?

Originally Posted by nace14

hand off to portis who gives el the reverse. el then throws to campbell who took off on a hook route and once he catches it tosses the lateral to moss who was running a dig across the formation

you forgot to start it with a statue of liberty handoff to portis

--i predict onsides kick to start the 2nd half

No trick plays , just plays that get past the first down marker and move the football. The trick plays either drop us in the backfield for a loss , or end up in a turnover. The last thing we need is Asante Samuel returning a Santana Moss fumble for a touchdown.

Archived