Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Give DeMulling A Shot?

method man

Ever since Randy Thomas went down, our run game has stunk. Fabini, a tackle his whole career, is a decent pass protector but he is not very good in run blocking. I respect the effort the man has put forth, but I think it is time to try something new, because the offense has been off the past 2 games.

DeMulling was a former stalwart at guard on the Colts' offensive line. He has blocked for the likes of Edgerrin James and guard is actually his natural position. His strength is getting out and blocking on stretch plays like Randy Thomas.

Our run game has been stagnant since the Miami game and I think we need to give it a kick to get it going again.

I do not know much about him, but if he was a "stallworth" the I agree its time to make a change.

Our line was getting blown up all day today. They need to come back with a vengence next week, because I know Belichek must be licking his chops right now.

The Offensive lineup they had for the Cardinals game didn't work at all. The Skins have only had one part of offense working during the last 3 1/2 seasons - the running game. Now, with only one starter from last year playing on the line the running game is kaput. I hope Rahbach gets back in next week and Demulling learns enough of the blocking schemes to get a shot.

The Redskins offensive line today was operating at a very low level. There were no holes in the run game at all and Campbell was throwing off a short drop most of the day when the coaches actually let him throw the ball..........

this was a game the coaches decided to take as few risks as possible and leave the line intact with the exception of Rabach, who was definitely out.

if DeMulling was really an answer I would have to think he would have made someone's roster at the end of the preseason.

Put Demulling at RG, Fabini at his natural tackle position and reserve Pucillo for the jumbo package. Wade blows get him out.

Wade does not blow. He is an average guy. He got owned by Kampman last week because Kampman owns most tackles and because Wade could not get his footing in the rain. Trust me. You do not want to see Fabini at tackle. There is a reason the Cowboys cut him.

The Redskins offensive line today was operating at a very low level. There were no holes in the run game at all and Campbell was throwing off a short drop most of the day when the coaches actually let him throw the ball..........

this was a game the coaches decided to take as few risks as possible and leave the line intact with the exception of Rabach, who was definitely out.

if DeMulling was really an answer I would have to think he would have made someone's roster at the end of the preseason.

The Colts found themselves some good younger guys at guard and decided to go with them instead.

Wade does not blow. He is an average guy. He got owned by Kampman last week because Kampman owns most tackles and because Wade could not get his footing in the rain. Trust me. You do not want to see Fabini at tackle. There is a reason the Cowboys cut him.

agreed. Wade has performed well enough for us to keep him there.

The Colts found themselves some good younger guys at guard and decided to go with them instead.

DeMulling spent the last two seasons with Detroit, not Indy. You say there's a reason the Cowboys cut Fabini. Well, there's a reason DeMulling was sitting at home on his couch, drinking a beer and watching re-runs a few weeks ago.

IMO, we'll have Casey back next week. If we have Heyer available, put him in at RT, and have DeMulling at guard. Wade just doesn't cut it IMO as a starter, and should be used as a back up to Heyer

I agree with you 100%

But I think they want to be flexible with Hayer since he can play LT or RT.

I still think you put your best linemen out there. Hayer could be a starter in the NFL.

Wade is still not 100%, correct?

Hopefully Demulling has had time enough to digest the offense. I'd like to see him get a shot, even though I don't even know what number he is!

In this game, I thought the bigger problem was playcalling, not the actual O-line play...We had some good runs, but run, run, pass, punt is not fooling any NFL defense.

I agree with you 100%

But I think they want to be flexible with Hayer since he can play LT or RT.

I still think you put your best linemen out there. Hayer could be a starter in the NFL.

Lets just hope we get him back this week, and that he doesn't have to replace Chris at LT :D He's a solid option. Said it before, and I'll say it again, he will replace Jansen as starter some day.

Right now the O-line just looks lost. The players often seem to be running different blocking schemes or even plays, and the pass protection is flat out bad. There is an obvious confusion with responsabilities and picking up line stunts, blitzes, and even decent a bullrush. Something has to change or we will see Jason limping off next week.

While Wade is up and down he is just what he was signed to be, a serviceable back-up. Fabini is playing out of position, and was never more than decent in his prime, and Pucello is a good TE. We have 3/5s of our line out and it really shows.

Jon Janeson made the comment to Michaels, Huff, & Sonny that the blocking is not really a "front side-back-side" scheme so there is no way to hide poor play from a whole side. If DeMulling is better, I suspect the coaches will know that and start him next week. I know it could hurt continuity, but really what are we loosing there?

DeMulling spent the last two seasons with Detroit, not Indy. You say there's a reason the Cowboys cut Fabini. Well, there's a reason DeMulling was sitting at home on his couch, drinking a beer and watching re-runs a few weeks ago.

He was resigned by the Colts and cut at the end of training camp. However, he must have done something right in workouts to get picked over Keydrick Vincent.

I don't know what everyone else is seeing but everytime I focus specifically on Heyer he gets knocked back off his feet. Wade is playing hurt but even at that he's a better option. Fabini is basically learning a new position. The problem I have is with calling 75-80% of the runs to the left. Everyone knows it's coming and I really don't think Portis runs to his left nearly as well.

Archived