Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New York Post: Theismann Not Over It

stwasm

It's amazing how the feelings are pretty much unanimous about how MNF sucks, and Korny has turned it into his own show, and no one will watch unless it's their team, etc.

Yet it's still crushing the competition in the ratings. We all keep watching.

So ESPN laughs at our comments...because they know it too.

I'm guessing the demographic they're targeting is not the hardcore sports fans that make up extremeskins. As much as people here say they are not watching they probably are tuning in. I know I can't stand the way they are ignoring the game at times but I am still watching because its football and I want to see what's happening (on the field). So they have the hard core fan locked.

Their strategy by making it into a variety show is to get people who don't normally care about football to watch. I guess its working. Unfortunately, that probably means that nothing will change.

Another point I will make is that so many people are blaming Tony K. but I doubt that he is calling the shots. He is just doing what the producers (in their infinite wisdom) think the show should be about. It's not like its his decision to show what's going on in the booth and ignore the field.

I agree with almost everyone that MNF is not what is used to be and I prefer Sunday night now.

Oh well....

im surprised of the overwhellming view of Jaws, this guy does nothing but talk up JC like he is his own son.

Most people on here wanna hear nothing but good compliments of the skins 24/7 and that's what comes out of Jaws mouth when the skins are the topic of conversation.

imo they should bring back Mike Pattrick and Theismann but that isnt gonna happen, i like hearing MP cause you only get a word or too when he's doing NCAA BB with Vitale.

It's amazing how the feelings are pretty much unanimous about how MNF sucks, and Korny has turned it into his own show, and no one will watch unless it's their team, etc.

Yet it's still crushing the competition in the ratings. We all keep watching.

So ESPN laughs at our comments...because they know it too.

We watch because we LOVE football....every Monday is precious to us in the short 16 game season of football. The ESPN coverage is not keeping pace with the quality of the game itself.

They are holding us hostage...we have no choice but to put up with Korny turning everything into a newspaper headline or Jaws sounding like he is on happy pills and good blow.

I now mute the sound and listen to music while I watch.

I'm guessing the demographic they're targeting is not the hardcore sports fans that make up extremeskins. As much as people here say they are not watching they probably are tuning in. I know I can't stand the way they are ignoring the game at times but I am still watching because its football and I want to see what's happening (on the field). So they have the hard core fan locked.

Their strategy by making it into a variety show is to get people who don't normally care about football to watch. I guess its working. Unfortunately, that probably means that nothing will change.

They are doing a good job bringing in the casual fan or the US Weekly readers, but I feel they are losing the hardcore football fan. I watch the CBS Comedy lineup on Mondays and switch to the game during the commericals just to see what's going on. Then at 10, I turn the game on for good. If the game is bad, I'll switch to the WWE on USA to catch the Divas wrestling. ;)

MNF is getting ridiculous. i remember at the beginning of the season, tony was complaining to wilbon about how bad and unentertaining this years monday night lineup was...... no one is as good as al michaels

hell yes. monday nights on abc with micheals and madden were great.

that philly game week 2 was hell. worst brodcasting and play-calling ive ever seen.

Most people on here wanna hear nothing but good compliments of the skins 24/7 and that's what comes out of Jaws mouth when the skins are the topic of conversation.

Hm...I don't really understand where you're coming from.

You're a REDSKINS fan, yet you don't like to hear compliments about your team -- and deserving ones at that?

Koo-Koo. :insane:

Korn is so annoying. Jaws was a good pick, but the cameos, booth shots, etc have gone too far

why do I have to watch them? I can hear them, they're talking and.. sitting... if I want to watch someone sit during the game I'll put a damn camera hooked to a tv on myself

seriously... during the Washington Philly game.. we missed some of the action because they were showing the booth for like 10 mins... shhoo, i don't care if they don't want to talk football, but atleast focus on the field!:doh:

This is funny...Peyton Manning is saying that he turns the volume down on MNF so he doesn't have to listen to Kornholio (courtesty of PFT):

Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will play tonight on Monday Night Football.

If he weren't playing, he'd be watching. But he would turn the sound off, because he's not a fan of ESPN's Tony Kornheiser.

Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star reports that Manning, who's usually one of the NFL's most media-friendly players, has taken a few swipes at Kornheiser over the last week, apparently motivated by shots Kornheiser took at Manning and his brother, Eli, last week during a Pardon the Interruption segment known as "Heads on Sticks."

"I enjoyed watching [Eli] play on Monday night because I got a chance to see him play live on TV, and being able to watch the game in mute,'' Peyton said. "Because it's an easier way to watch the game than hear some of those broadcasters.''

Manning also said last week that Monday Night Football "isn't what it used to be.'' Is that because of Kornheiser?

"Yeah, it's probably me,'' Kornheiser told Kravitz. "I'm sure it was the heads-on-sticks segment I did before the game. You think that upset him? Really? I thought it was very funny. I think most people thought it was hysterical. That wasn't me saying those funny, mean things about Peyton. That was Eli. That's the whole idea behind heads-on-sticks. I was just saying what Eli wanted to say. Like, 'What a raving egomaniac; he sent me a DVD of his 'Saturday Night Live' appearance.' It was the perfect marriage of PTI and Monday Night Football."

Kornheiser's right: It was funny. At least, if your last name isn't Manning.

And I must say this is the problem with Kornholio: he wants to be a standup comic and thinks he's hilarious! :mad:

What's wrong with you people? Theismann was horrible. He didn't do anything but talk about himself. He never brought anything but smarm to his broadcasts. Viewers don't want to hear that crap. Hearing him broadcast the preseason games was a grim reminder of that. That's the same reason why Tony is butt. He's a smarmy little whiner too. That's fine in moderation but not for a whole football game.

Jaws is great at talking X's and O's. Tirico's deadpan play by play is fine. They just need a colorful ex player with his ego in check in the booth. Someone with a Riggins or Sam Huff approach who tells it like it is would be ideal. I'm not sure who that would be that could appeal on a national level though. How about "drunk Joe Namath"?

I really liked Theismann and TK together last year. I miss the DC love in that booth. I'll admit as much as I like TK, they show way too much of the announcers on camera with shots in the booth and stupid cameos and whatnot. I'd like to just see more of the game.

I remember seeing Sean Taylor make a huge hit and didn't get to see a replay because they were too busy talking about other crap in the booth with (I believe it was) Charles Barkley. Am I ready for some football? Yes. I didn't tune in to see talking heads for three hours.

Monday night football is falling further down the slope. I thought Jaws was a good analyst when he has time to sit down and watch tape to form his opinion, I don't think it's translating live.

Kornhole has always annoyed the hell out of me. I wish they'd just get a good football crew in there and be done with it. Tired of the musical chair experiments and expecially the guest douchebags they bring in every week. I could give a damn about Christian Slater making a fool of himself talking about football. Or focusing more on Charles Barkley when there is a GAME GOING ON!

If it's a Skins game I usually just turn the sound off on the TV and listen to the local radio broadcast.

Archived