Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New York Post: Theismann Not Over It

stwasm

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10162007/tv/theisman_not_over_it.htm

FORMER NFL great Joe Theisman thinks his former bosses at "Monday Night Football" have turned the telecast into a new version of "The Tony Kornheiser Show."

ESPN dumped Theisman this year for Ron Jaworski, who joins sports analyst Kornheiser.

"Ron is a terrific football guy," Theisman told a Miami paper. "But he happens to work on Tony's show. It has become a three-hour Tony Kornheiser show. "

Theisman has agreed to a buyout from ESPN on the last four years of his contract.

Korn is so annoying. Jaws was a good pick, but the cameos, booth shots, etc have gone too far

why do I have to watch them? I can hear them, they're talking and.. sitting... if I want to watch someone sit during the game I'll put a damn camera hooked to a tv on myself

Kornholer is the worst. MNF has become just about unwatchable, in fact I don't watch it unless the Skins or one of our division rivals is on it. He sits there and argues with Jaws over some irrelevant point that no one cares about...then he gets quiet for a few minutes...and then starts it up again. He reminds me of a drunk uncle at a family reunion. :laugh:

:dallasuck

Jaws is a nice guy but he gets too excited over everything. Joe was better. Korn is a waste, and tries to be funny but he is not. He has a radio face. Then they bring in guests like Kimmel who are just aggrivating. Would rather have a former defence player or coach for insight than Korn.

Korndope is the worst...he doesnt even respect the game of football nor sports in general. Everything is a comedic rhapsody to him and its sooooooooo old. He goes on these monologues where it sounds like he's written some speech and he's trying to make some revolutionary statement about the game, player, play or coach....its flatout awful.

I do love Jaws and I think Tirico does a fine job as well. I wasnt the biggest Joey T fan but i certainly didnt mind him at all and actually like the Mike Patrick/Joey T combo better than what they have now because Kornflake is so terrible. Its embarrasing that Kornflake is associated with DC in any way and people think he's a Skins fan so that makes in worse when the guy is a born and bred New Yorker.

I don't think ESPN/ABC has gotten over the idea of Dennis Miller.

It just seems like they overly try to get Tony to be Dennis....

ANNOYING!!

I think the big problem with Monday Night Football is that it's trying to regain the glory days of Cosell, Don Meredith and Frank Gifford of the '70s. The problem with that is, back then, there was no cable, there was no NFL Network and there was no Sunday Ticket. The games that aired in your region on Sunday were the games you HAD to watch. When MNF rolled around, not only were you going to get a good game, you also were going to get highlights from every other game. Thus, people anxiously tuned in, since there were less choices. Today, you pretty much know and saw who did what over the weekend, or at least caught highlight clips of it. Thus, unless your team or another team you're interested in is playing, the enthusiasm of the average football fan is not there to want to catch Monday Night Football.

It's trying too hard to be like it was in the '70s and today's marketplace makes that strategy a bad fit.

I think the big problem with Monday Night Football is that it's trying to regain the glory days of Cosell, Don Meredith and Frank Gifford of the '70s. The problem with that is, back then, there was no cable, there was no NFL Network and there was no Sunday Ticket. The games that aired in your region on Sunday were the games you HAD to watch. When MNF rolled around, not only were you going to get a good game, you also were going to get highlights from every other game. Thus, people anxiously tuned in, since there were less choices. Today, you pretty much know and saw who did what over the weekend, or at least caught highlight clips of it. Thus, unless your team or another team you're interested in is playing, the enthusiasm of the average football fan is not there to want to catch Monday Night Football.

It's trying too hard to be like it was in the '70s and today's marketplace makes that strategy a bad fit.

Good point. :applause:

Does he still get paid by the Washington Post? He writes in there so infrequently it's hard to fathom him collecting a paycheck from them.

Kornholio is good in small doses. He was OK on the radio when he was in DC, and when ESPN launched their radio they added him in the midday. That wasn't too bad. Then he got too huge: PTI, MNF. He's overblown. Him and Wilbon, who is a good scribe but not much else.

Unless the Redskins are playing or there is a game that could change our outlook on the playoffs, I do NOT watch MNF. It is absolutely horrific now. Tony Kornheiser is annoying and he has that retarded PTI segment at halftime. We need not mention when they have guest appearances in the booth and completely forget that game is actually being televised.

Thanks ESPN for ruining MNF.

I find it annoying the number of times they goto the booth. I would rather watch the players on the sidelines standing there during a commercial timeout than see those guys. I find the banter distracting to the game. The cameo's in the booth get too much face time also.

Archived