Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who in the NFC honestly has chance?

SteveFromYellowstone

To make the playoffs? Throw the names in a hat and pick 6. Dallas is obviously on top right now, but I don't think anyone considers them formidable. Giants may be playing the best right now. There are just a lot of teams ebbing and flowing at the moment.

I'm not getting the AFC vs. NFC thing. Obviously, the Colts and Patriots and heads and shoulders above everyone for the time being, but I think it's just a quirk that they both happen to be in the AFC. It just happens that two AFC teams happen to have the 2 QBs who are vastly superior to what anyone else has. Beyond those two teams, I think the two conferences are roughly equal. Does anyone really think that the Redskins, Cowboys, Packers, etc. wouldn't stand a chance against the Steelers, Jags, Titans, et al?

Right now, I think the top 5 teams in the NFC are the Cowboys, the Giants, The Redskins, the Packers and the Buccaneers in no particular order.

How do you rate them as of this point in the season?

Packers no running game, not for real.

Giants, wildcard team, nothing more. Decent O, no corners, gets owned in playoffs by a team that can run, prevent DEs from teeing up, and attack corners.

Bucs = ?

US = ?? Can't put teams away, piss away leads, major OL injuries, but great D, talent on O if they could get it together.

Cowboys = Not as good or dominant as people think, but winning games they are supposed to, best team in NFC. Can win if go after Romo sits to pee, frustrate TO, beat average OL with good DL, have fast LB or SS to cover Witten, and most importantly, GO AFTER THEIR SECONDARY, THE WEAKNESS OF THE TEAM.

well, there are not 6 teams better than the skins in the nfc. at this point, barring more injury, the skins are a playoff team in the NFC for sure. if the o-line can get back together, and we can put up some points, there is nobody in the NFC that we can't beat. and honestly, this is a defense capable of winning the superbowl. not sure if the offense can keep up with the colts or the patriots, who will more than likely be there in the end.

at this point it looks like the cowboys are in, along with GB and the Giants. the playoff seeding should go something like this. this is not who i think is best, but how the seeding will play out.

1.dallas

2.green bay

3.tampa

4. NFC west champion (honestly, who the hell knows?)

5. new york

6. washington

As the Rockies have proven' date=' Jesus is a front-runner. So either Detroit with Kitna or the Skins with Gibbs. Maybe we should Brunell back in.[/quote']

He has a point - Moss doesn't seem to be capable of catching JC's passes.

#2 in the league in dropped passes (6) and he's only played in 4 games. Also in the top 25 is Sellers w/3

to be honest i think redskins are the most complete team in the nfc but not the best

we have a defense and solid running game

just need to get the oline healthy

Man I totaly agree with you.

Its ashame we cant get on the same page.

If we could get on the same page..........................stand BY. We could realy do some damage.

As the Rockies have proven' date=' Jesus is a front-runner. So either Detroit with Kitna or the Skins with Gibbs. Maybe we should Brunell back in.[/quote']

uuhhhh.....

dallas is the best team in the nfc, followed by (in no particular order): redskins, packers, bucs, vikes (nasty run d, offense evolving), eagles, and giants (who will have another meltdown later in the season...lucky they have no injuries now).

how about the nfc west stinking it up?! i thought that would be a strong division this year...

As of today, you have to go Cowboys, Packers, Giants, Tampa, Redskins. Maybe you can argue TB and WAS, but the other 3 are playing better football than us right now. I think we have a better team and if we stop beating ourselves we can easily beat all of those teams, but right now, you can't say wer're better than those teams.

Let's take care of business this weekend and we'll go from there.

In terms of who has a shot at winning the Super Bowl, I'd eliminate the Giants right now because they have no pass defense, although that offense is really good. As for Green Bay, they have a good defense, but run game looks terrible. They have won 2 games off of taking fumbles in for tds so I wouldn't completely say they have the best shot. Dallas is good, but I'm too much of a Redskin fan to give them props. If the Redskins figure out how to play 2 halfs of football I'd give us the best shot:D . As far as my top 5 goes (no specific order) Redskins, Giants, Dallas, Packers, Eagles. I know they lost to the Giants, but wait until the Eagles get Dawkins and Westbrook going together and I think they are a top 5 nfc team. Those are the 4 teams that I do not 100% expect to win, and fear most in the nfc :2cents:

As much as it absolutely kills me I am still very much afraid that the eagles win the east. I just have a hard time believing they aren't much better than they have been. They beat the bears and watchout! As for the Giants, we gave them this season because if we close that game out, they are cooked. Every stinking win the giants get right now I say "damn it. Thats our fault!" :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

AFC > those teams.

I honestly think the AFC is overrated. They are better, but it's not like the NFC is minor league to their major like everybody makes it sound.

Look at it by division. The AFC East would be the worst division in football if it were not for the Patriots bumping them up to second worst. Pittsburgh's the only legit team in the AFC North. The AFC South is pretty strong (it's probably AFC South 1 and NFC East 2 in the league). Nobody in the AFC West has really proven themselves. The AFC isn't that much better.

If you've noticed, every time they start talking bout the skins, it seems they hear about it and expect to walk in and the other team will just give up...

The skins have a darn good chance to win the east; dallas was exploited for what they are, and i can't wait to see taylor light t.o. up! living in texas, i gotta hear crap day in and day out about the pukes, and it turns my stomach!

G.B. is ok, but no running game will hurt them, T.B. kinda has the problem we have; not enough downfield threats, giants, well, eli is 1 hit away from going interception crazy, so if we can get our passing attack in gear, defenses will not know how to deal with us.

So its up to the skins...if we get a lead on a team, i surely hope we don't go into that useless conservative offense, because thats when the other teams will catch us trying to chew the clock up.

NOTE TO COACH GIBBS;;;; PLEASE QUIT the goal line play-calling where you have everyone bunched up!! put a 3 receiver set in and THEN run it in!!!

Dallas hasn't proven a whole lot to me. Just look at who they've played thus far:

1) NYG back when NY's D was struggling. The pukes still gave up a lot of points.

2) Miami. Need I say more?

3) Chicago, back when Grossman was QB.

4) STL, with their terrible D and a sub-100% Bulger.

5) Buffalo, whom the pukes got lucky against.

6) NE, and they were soundly defeated.

Honestly, I'm not scared of them. And in a head-to-head matchup between them and the Skins, our D matches up well with their O, and, pending a bunch of drops and how our O-line holds up, I can see us torching their secondary.

Dallas hasn't proven a whole lot to me. Just look at who they've played thus far:

1) NYG back when NY's D was struggling. The pukes still gave up a lot of points.

2) Miami. Need I say more?

3) Chicago, back when Grossman was QB.

4) STL, with their terrible D and a sub-100% Bulger.

5) Buffalo, whom the pukes got lucky against.

6) NE, and they were soundly defeated.

Honestly, I'm not scared of them. And in a head-to-head matchup between them and the Skins, our D matches up well with their O, and, pending a bunch of drops and how our O-line holds up, I can see us torching their secondary.

Can't you do this with everyone? How about us?

1) Miami. Needed overtime to beat the worst team in football at home. Need I say more?

2) Philly. Beat a rapidly decaying Philly team.

3) Giants. Blew a huge 2nd half lead.

4) Lions. Beat the most over-rated team in football.

5) Green Bay. Again incapable of playing a complete game.

Aside from the Lions' game - which was marginally impressive - we've been the same old Redskins.

Can't you do this with everyone? How about us?

1) Miami. Needed overtime to beat the worst team in football at home. Need I say more?

2) Philly. Beat a rapidly decaying Philly team.

3) Giants. Blew a huge 2nd half lead.

4) Lions. Beat the most over-rated team in football.

5) Green Bay. Again incapable of playing a complete game.

Aside from the Lions' game - which was marginally impressive - we've been the same old Redskins.

the "same old redskins" would not have gone into Philly on Monday Night Football and won

Archived