Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to give Lloyd his shot

whatmeworry

Let's see, Lloyd has 1 catch this season? I wouldn't exactly base my offense on this. Caldwell has been on the team for a little more then a week and has more production then Lloyd...

oh really? i don't recall Caldwell making a catch yet.

so I assume you mean McCardell?

Just finished watching the boys being handed their ***** to them by the pats. And yet I can't help think we are just about the only team in the NFC which we can compete if we can hold on to the dam ball because of our D. Lloyd could be the answer if given a fair chance. Whatever the coaches need to do tw

hey must do to get him ready to play. We need some 3 and 4 WRs sets and Lloyd could be the one that gets going. He did it before and today he showed he wants to give it a shot. Honestly can anyone of us say Moss is the answer right now? It is not just this game but the entire season. Maybe he is hurt, maybe its the way Campbell throws the ball and Moss has not had the type of practice others have. Lloyd and JC have practice. Damm it we have a chance. We have the QB and the best D in the NFC at least. Two weeks in a row our D shut down the number one passing offenses in the league. We need to use everything we have and push through this. Lloyd is part of the team last time I checked.

And for those you said he should have caught that ball you are dreaming. It is a miracle he almost caught it let along get his hands on it.

Lloyd will be given a chance, and when he does he'll step up....I have faith!

He was wide open today...reminded me of, oh, about ALL of last year. He runs the same post and sideline routes (kind of as per JLC's rant) and is constantly in front of the defender.

Here's to seeing JC connect with Lloyd on those deep routes in the weeks to come...

Flame me if you want but with Moss struggling the only deep threat option left to us is Brandon Lloyd. He was wide open on the only play that came his way and JC overthrew him by just a little.

90% of ESers hate him but maybe it's time he got more looks. He seemed to me that he was into it even though he wasn't on the field much. He has talent. If his attitude is right he can still earn the big bucks we shelled out for him.

I agree. He gave a great effort trying to catch an OVERTHROWN ball... We paid him tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much not to give him a legit try.

I applaud you for the thread

He was targeted twice today. He caught the 1st ball but the catch was negated due to an offensive penalty. The 2nd was the deep ball that was overthrown.

He wasn't in much today, but I did see him open on at least two other plays, one a deep post.

I'm sure he'll continue to get more pt as the season progresses.

Funny - Because I seem to remember him having a shot today and dropping a sure TD pass.

People say that Redskins fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans and all that crap. Well, where the heck are they? I guess they don't wanna put up with people as dumb as this. "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"

he was in more than that , sorry but when you got the attitude he has about the game and put forth little effort in practice then you only get a few shots in the game , if you can't make themost of them then why should you get more? we have WRs that give 100% in practice and in games and they usually produce , today it wasnt so , if Lloyd puts in 100% in practice then he will get more shots

*edit* oh and the contract has nothing to do with the playing time , we also paid a high dollar safety to ride the bench last year ~

Living in Salem, how many practices have you made it to this year? Also, please explain Lloyd's attitude about the game..

Thanks in advance..

It was an overthrown ball but I would have loved to see Lloyd create some magic like the good WRs do... Ive had enough of these dumb signings and contracts. I fall for each one and think its going to be good for us yet most of them suck.

It would have been a sportcenter catch.....BUT....with him in the doghouse right now, he really needs one of those. So, I don't blame him, but, it would have gone a LOOONNNGGG way toward getting him back in good graces, and he needs that disparately....

BRANDON LLOYD! I know the board is gonna get all over me for this but who cares after some of the posts i saw today whatever. Well anyways a lot of u guys are blaming him for not catching that ball it was slightly overthrown a diving catch and raining...from what ive seen when hes in campbell does look for him and he is able to create seperation. If you want to call him a baby and a quitter go ahead, I seriously doubt he got to the NFL and got the attention of our scouts by being a quitter

This guy needs a shot and in the limited opportunities he has had this season I say he deserves a bigger role and more opportunities

he was in more than that , sorry but when you got the attitude he has about the game and put forth little effort in practice then you only get a few shots in the game , if you can't make themost of them then why should you get more? we have WRs that give 100% in practice and in games and they usually produce , today it wasnt so , if Lloyd puts in 100% in practice then he will get more shots

*edit* oh and the contract has nothing to do with the playing time , we also paid a high dollar safety to ride the bench last year ~

:doh:

did anybody hear jason talk about how happy he was that brandon is playing more. he said that he is opening eyes in practice with good play and hard work. i was very happy to hear this cause we need him.

i just dont understand how fans on this board would want a player on the team to be isolated and a scapegoat...

hes obviously working hard in practice and has shown he wants to compete the last few games when they have put him in the game..u can never have too many receivers..

Funny - Because I seem to remember him having a shot today and dropping a sure TD pass.

That sure TD pass was just a tad long. And just in case you misunderstand my point, it was uncatchable for any receiver without some stick-em on his gloves. Jason didn't get enough air under that one, as it was about 2 or 3 inches too long.

Moss is the one that has been dropping passes, today and all season. He is the new 50/50, this year. One of Moss' many drops resulted in an interception, and then his fumble cost us the game, after it was returned for the winning touchdown. And whether you guys like it or not, he needs to be benched in my opinion, and Lloyd needs to come in for more than just a couple of plays.

Archived