Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to give Lloyd his shot

whatmeworry

Flame me if you want but with Moss struggling the only deep threat option left to us is Brandon Lloyd. He was wide open on the only play that came his way and JC overthrew him by just a little.

90% of ESers hate him but maybe it's time he got more looks. He seemed to me that he was into it even though he wasn't on the field much. He has talent. If his attitude is right he can still earn the big bucks we shelled out for him.

Funny - Because I seem to remember him having a shot today and dropping a sure TD pass.

That's funny because JC overthrew him on an easy TD pass, we must not be talking about the same play though because on the play I'm talking about it wasn't a drop. If he caught this board would be going crazy "another amazing catch by Brandon." If he doesn't catch it "Brandon dropped another easy pass." :doh:

Funny - Because I seem to remember him having a shot today and dropping a sure TD pass.

Drop? That's a pretty harsh characterization. He laid flat out at full speed and was just barely able to get his hands on the ball. If he had somehow managed to catch it it would have been a GREAT reception.

Maybe a preconceived bias against Lloyd colors how you viewed that play.

You guys crack me up. Even the best receivers make that catch MAYBE 10% of the time. Lloyd was running full speed and laid out completely horizontal for the ball. He was giving 100% effort. I doubt any of our other receivers would have caught it.

:doh: If you think that was a drop and not an overthrown ball....:doh:.....I don't know how to explain it to you.

From what I've seen lately, Lloyd has looked good and he's been trying. Campbell's long ball is too flat. If he just put a little air under that throw, that would have been a sure TD pass.

every week these threads pop up , you guys act liek he is inactive or something , he has played the last 2 weeks so he IS getting his shot

Putting him in for like 2 plays a game is not getting his shot. From what I've seen in the game, Lloyd has been trying. It's unbelievable that anybody would think 1 or 2 pass attempts a game is called "getting his shot", especially to a guy who's being paid $5 million a season.

i tell you the truth when it comes to rogers and lloyd, i really think some people really want them to fail and actually get a woody if they make a bad play. In this case it was made up. The ball was overthrown and I saw lloyd consoling moss after his fumble.

i also noticed that towards the end of the game when I offense was on the field, lloyd was in the huddle jumping up and down and looked like he was trying to rally the troop...i hope we see him a little more, mainly because I want to see him get some more looks to be sure before the team just writes him off and dumps him.

Putting him in for like 2 plays a game is not getting his shot. From what I've seen in the game, Lloyd has been trying. It's unbelievable that anybody would think 1 or 2 pass attempts a game is called "getting his shot", especially to a guy who's being paid $5 million a season.

he was in more than that , sorry but when you got the attitude he has about the game and put forth little effort in practice then you only get a few shots in the game , if you can't make themost of them then why should you get more? we have WRs that give 100% in practice and in games and they usually produce , today it wasnt so , if Lloyd puts in 100% in practice then he will get more shots

*edit* oh and the contract has nothing to do with the playing time , we also paid a high dollar safety to ride the bench last year ~

You guys crack me up. Even the best receivers make that catch MAYBE 10% of the time. Lloyd was running full speed and laid out completely horizontal for the ball. He was giving 100% effort. I doubt any of our other receivers would have caught it.

Yes, maybe 10% of the time. I'm far from a Lloyd fan, but blaming him for that incompletion is preposterous.

I'm sorry but if you think you are a #1 in the NFL you make that catch. Steve Smith would have.

Steve Smith is also faster than B Lloyd. But that is beside the point.

Lloyd was in on several plays today, more than usual. He made an awesome effort for that ball and was fully extended for it. It was a tad overthrown...end of story on that paly.

No one is saying Lloyd is a #1. But it was a great try for him - he dove and gave it all he had. It's too bad - he's been close on a few. I would like to see him play more and Thrash less. I know Thrash's effort is awesome and all, but he has no vertical speed whatsoever.

I think if we just rotated Keenan McCardell and Lloyd at #3 (depending on the pattern), and let ARE and Moss start, that would be some decent talent out there playing.

I've seen Lloyd hustling, running full out on patterns, and blocking well. I think he realizes his chances are running out, and he's playing like he knows it.

Agree.

I absolutely HATED the Lloyd trade when it happened, and it still managed to turn out much worse than I expected.

Still, 'when life gives you lemons...' etc. Llyod does have talent and seems to be trying pretty hard. I'd like to see him be given more of a shot.

Archived