Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got a letter that my 2008 tickets are ready

rellascout

Well the wife got a letter yesterday from the Redskins ticket office for 2008 tickets. She near the top of the list and should be offered tickets for next year.

They are asking for a $50 deposit per ticket prior to seeing the seat assignment. What sort of seat assignment for pair can a new season ticket holder expect without paying the BS premium for tail gate club etc...

Thanks in advance...

The $50 deposit does not guarantee you a seat yet.. But it is a good sign. You can expect to be in the last row of the stadium (or somewhere close to that) but it is worth it.. You will probably be notified of your seat assignment for sure sometime in February or March ( If I remember correctly)

How many tickets will you get?

I'm one year ahead of you. 2007 is my rookie year as a season ticket holder.

Here is what the Redskins charged me for 4 seats.

$64.00 Face Value for 10 games * 4 Tickets = $2560.00

Seat Activation Fee = 200.00

PG County Entertainment Tax = 256.00

Fedex Fee = 20.00

Some other fee = 4.00

The total came to 3040.00. I gave the preseason tickets to charity and took a 512.00 tax write-off.

Basically, It comes to about 90.00 per ticket.

Well the wife got a letter yesterday from the Redskins ticket office for 2008 tickets. She near the top of the list and should be offered tickets for next year.

They are asking for a $50 deposit per ticket prior to seeing the seat assignment. What sort of seat assignment for pair can a new season ticket holder expect without paying the BS premium for tail gate club etc...

Thanks in advance...

In my first year as a season ticket holder, we were in the very last row in one of one of the corners.

How many tickets will you get?

I'm one year ahead of you. 2007 is my rookie year as a season ticket holder.

Here is what the Redskins charged me for 4 seats.

$64.00 Face Value for 10 games * 4 Tickets = $2560.00

Seat Activation Fee = 200.00

PG County Entertainment Tax = 256.00

Fedex Fee = 20.00

Some other fee = 4.00

The total came to 3040.00. I gave the preseason tickets to charity and took a 512.00 tax write-off.

Basically, It comes to about 90.00 per ticket.

"Seat Activation Fee" ?? :wtf:

The $50 deposit does not guarantee you a seat yet.. But it is a good sign. You can expect to be in the last row of the stadium (or somewhere close to that) but it is worth it.. You will probably be notified of your seat assignment for sure sometime in February or March ( If I remember correctly)

He's right. I was three rows from the top and it was awesome. Next time i want to be at the very top.

When I received my tickets after a 12 year wait in 2004 I was in section 447 Row 28, which is 1 row from the top. The seats were 59 per pair. The next season I moved down to row 15 in the same section. My price per ticket was 69 per ticket or $10.00 more than row 16 - 29. Last year the tickets were moved down one row to row 14, but they had an increase in the price of tickets for most seats in the stadium. My tickets costs 79+tax and I have two tickets. This year I moved down 3 rows and am in row 11 of the same section.

Now, my wife just received a notice for tickets as well, but unless someone wants to give me a deposit to use these tickets for next season, than I'm probably not going to use them.

Thanks in advance...

You can expect to be in the top two rows of the stadium. I go the letter as well this week.

I am torn on what to do. I had preimium seats up until this year when the price really jumped on me.

I put the money to good use though I have a game room now that has a pool table and a flat screan on the wall. I am working on collected Redskin stuff for the walls.

When you get your seat assignment, call the ticket office. If a male answers, hang up and call back until you get a female.

Complain about your seat location, most likely in the corner of the endzone.

Tell them that your friend (insert any name) just came off the waitlist this year, and is in section 425/430 (just pick one, it doesn't really matter). If she says no, keep asking her to look in the system if there are any seats at all, and that you are willing to move back (higher up).

Voila, 2 seats together on the sideline, between the 25 yd lines, your first year. Then in subsequent years, keep calling back and complain that you want to move down. From what I've been told, it's easier to move down once you're in a section, than sideways towards the 50 in a different section.

Thanks poidog22 for getting awesome seats straight off the list, and when I used him as an example to the woman on the phone, she had no choice but to look for me:

Okay, so I called the Ticket Office and here's what happened.

The lady told me that since it's my first year, it's not possible to move. But I'm considered on the sideline, even though I'm in the corner. Um, okay. Evidently 436 is the border of the 'sideline'. So I hem and haw and say please, I'll move up in price blah blah, but she says I'm already on the highest price level being row 15. So I said, my buddy (thank you poidog22!) got off the waitlist this year and ended up on the true sideline. She asked me what section, did a quick search, and moved me to the section next door to 426, but I did have to move back 11 rows. However, my bill also went down several hundred bucks.

New seats:

Section 425, Row 26.

She said it'll be pretty easy to move down in the section in future years.

:cheers:Here's to poidog22, good lookin' out man! I will buy you a beer at the home opener.

Archived