Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got a letter that my 2008 tickets are ready

rellascout

I got one too. I threw it away

lol, why?

I my letter too. Already sent the $50 in :)

First timer!!

They actually called me back and said they still had a few season tickets for this year. Unfortunately I won't be able to make most of the remaining games so I didn't get them...

I got called for my season tickets this year, between preseason games 2 and 3. I don't remember paying any seat activation. They gave me a choice as to whether I wanted tickets to the last preseason game, and I said no, the eight regular season games would be fine. My tickets were $44 a pop, and I got 4 season tickets, so $44 x 32 = $1408. I do remember that there were some taxes, but my total was just over $1500, there was definitely no $200 Seat Activation Fee for the account.

I wonder how I escaped that one?

You can expect to be in the top two rows of the stadium. I go the letter as well this week.

I am torn on what to do. I had preimium seats up until this year when the price really jumped on me.

I put the money to good use though I have a game room now that has a pool table and a flat screan on the wall. I am working on collected Redskin stuff for the walls.

I was in that same situation in 1999. I was able to sell my contract for the two clubs and then buy four regular seats upstairs.
Anyone wanna help with my question?

Can I just say one more time that the search function on this site sucks ass? It crashed on me eighteen times in a row. Then I used google:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/printthread.php?t=205977

replace "print" with "show" in the url:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205977

Hahah, I win.

Chip, check out post 1 in the thread above, which should answer all your questions regarding 200 level prices. Upper level prices are in post 31.

I just got my letter too and I am going to get 2 tickets.

I do have a question though. When it is time to pay for the season tickets, do you have to pay it all at once or can you do it in a few installments?

You can do it in installments, but if you do it that way, they won't send you the tickets in a sheet. They'll send you the tickets two at a friggin' time about 4-5 days before each game. That kind of sucks.
I got called for my season tickets this year, between preseason games 2 and 3. I don't remember paying any seat activation. They gave me a choice as to whether I wanted tickets to the last preseason game, and I said no, the eight regular season games would be fine. My tickets were $44 a pop, and I got 4 season tickets, so $44 x 32 = $1408. I do remember that there were some taxes, but my total was just over $1500, there was definitely no $200 Seat Activation Fee for the account.

I wonder how I escaped that one?

I bet you didn't pay a $50 deposit on each seat either, did you? Since you didn't pay a deposit, you didn't get a refund. And since you didn't get a refund, they forgot to charge you the activation fee, which is tied to it. That's my guess. You made out. :cheers:

My 7 year old just got the letter as well. So, if you've been on the list longer than that you've been punked. I'll probably pass (unless someone wants to take them off my hands) as I already have my own and his 4 year old brother is also on the list.

I bet you didn't pay a $50 deposit on each seat either, did you? Since you didn't pay a deposit, you didn't get a refund. And since you didn't get a refund, they forgot to charge you the activation fee, which is tied to it. That's my guess. You made out. :cheers:

Nope, guess I got lucky then. To answer the original posters question, I had my choice of corner section seats or sideline section seats, their definition of sideline being on the endzone, barely out of the corner. I took the corner seats and saved $500. The view is fantastic. My thinking was I'd have plenty of time to move over and further down, so start cheap when I don't have as much money. However, listening to other stories here, about how it's easier to move down in your section but not over, I'm not sure I made the right choice anymore.

Just call the ticket office and they will tell you where you are on the "list".

So much of this doesn't make sense, even though I'm re-hashing what others have said 1,000 times.

1. They'll tell you where you are on this "list" even though there appears to be no rhyme or reason to when you get the call. Some people wait six/seven years, others wait fifteen.

2. As was said earlier in this thread, there are still season tickets available for this year. The poster didn't specifiy, but I'm assuming those are club seats, otherwise, there should be no list if season tickets are still available.

3. It doesn't matter anyway, because according to at least one post from awhile back, if your seats get too good, they won't get renewed anyway because your area is being converted to the TD club, even if you're a war veteran. Nice...was that story ever proven to be true or false?

So I guess the moral is, once you get in, keep moving closer, but don't get seats that are too good, or you're screwed.

I just got my letter too and I am going to get 2 tickets.

I do have a question though. When it is time to pay for the season tickets, do you have to pay it all at once or can you do it in a few installments?

CJ ... I got the same letter four years ago with the request for deposit, yadda yadda yadda.

The first year, I think it was early June only because they were sorting out who was staying, who was being moved, and who was not returning. I paid for those up front for each of the three years I had them as my tax return can usually cover those.

When I got the call last November to make the "deal with the devil" by committing to club for two years to get to lower bowl, I was offered the quarterly installment plan for this first season. Those were covered by 1 July so I got my tickets at one time.

Next season (year 2 in club), I'll be invoiced in February and can set up an installment, if needed ... (if I get my taxes done early enough, I could do it in two payments)

Make sure you mention parking as well ... and for upper level, you're likely looking at Red or Blue parking.

Congrats, dude ... see you Tuesday.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I got the letter too, which surprised me to be honest. I have only been on the list since 2003 and my number was around 58,000 last time I checked. Anyway, I am going for two tickets. If I get them I am gonna be so happy. Just to say "I have Redskins season tickets" is going to make me smile!

I got the letter too, which surprised me to be honest. I have only been on the list since 2003 and my number was around 58,000 last time I checked. Anyway, I am going for two tickets. If I get them I am gonna be so happy. Just to say "I have Redskins season tickets" is going to make me smile!

Good for you, honestly, but I can't help but say that pisses me off a bit. I have been on the "list" since before 2000! :cry:

How long did it take you to get them?

I got on the list in late 2002 or early 2003 sometime. I'm not exactly sure when but I remember I was away at school during that time frame.

CJ ... I got the same letter four years ago with the request for deposit, yadda yadda yadda.

The first year, I think it was early June only because they were sorting out who was staying, who was being moved, and who was not returning. I paid for those up front for each of the three years I had them as my tax return can usually cover those.

When I got the call last November to make the "deal with the devil" by committing to club for two years to get to lower bowl, I was offered the quarterly installment plan for this first season. Those were covered by 1 July so I got my tickets at one time.

Next season (year 2 in club), I'll be invoiced in February and can set up an installment, if needed ... (if I get my taxes done early enough, I could do it in two payments)

Make sure you mention parking as well ... and for upper level, you're likely looking at Red or Blue parking.

Congrats, dude ... see you Tuesday.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Funny how we were just talking about this on Tuesday and then I check the mail on Wednesday...

How do you check where you are on the waiting list?

Archived