Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Delhomme out for season

FanboyOf91

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme will miss the rest of the season after deciding to undergo surgery on his right elbow.

Coach John Fox said Monday that Delhomme had trouble throwing the ball earlier in the day. Delhomme then made the decision to have surgery next week.

Delhomme sustained what the team called a strained right elbow when he was sacked in Carolina's win over Atlanta on Sept. 23. David Carr replaced him the last two games, when Delhomme was listed as the No. 3 quarterback as he considered whether to have surgery.

Delhomme was off to a good start. He had completed 64 percent of his passes with eight touchdowns and one interception.

The move leaves the Panthers in need of another quarterback. Carr suffered a back injury in the Panthers' win over New Orleans Sunday and his status for next week's game at Arizona is uncertain.

Say goodbye to the Panthers.

Man. I feel for almost any team when this sort of thing happens. I know these guys get paid ridiculous amounts of money and have a movie-start lifestyle if they choose it, but most have a lot of pride and competitive drive. To walk out on that field in this league week after week and really have little realistic belief in your success must be tough.

You'd think this would be the end of the Panthers, but I think that's premature. Normally David Carr becoming the full-time starter would be a bad sign, but Carolina still has decent overall talent.

Currently tied for the lead in the dismal NFC South, they only need to stay ahead of the equally suspect TB Bucs to make the playoffs. This is one division where 9-7 might win a crown.

can we borrow peppers for a few games......please!

If you look up stats, or read up on some recent media in Charlotte, you will find out Peppers is playing horrible this year. I saw a good portion of the game yesterday and he is definitely taking some plays off. He's probably the best athlete in the league at that position, but at the moment far from the best football player. Andre Carter is playing way above Peppers this year.

Archived