Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Else think Madden should retire?

Veretax

The Chicago Green Bay game was a decent game, but his commentary trying to compare Green Bay QB Brett Favre to Qbs, and the best he can come up with oh he is an Old Tony Romo sits to pee. C'mon John, all those years coaching and in the booth and that's the best you can come up with? My Lord if you love Dallas so much, fine, just don't let it bias your commentary. Good grief.

The Chicago Green Bay game was a decent game, but his commentary trying to compare Green Bay QB Brett Favre to Qbs, and the best he can come up with oh he is an Old Tony Romo sits to pee. C'mon John, all those years coaching and in the booth and that's the best you can come up with? My Lord if you love Dallas so much, fine, just don't let it bias your commentary. Good grief.

I think you heard it wrong. He was repeating what a player said. I think it was Urlackerz (idiot) who said Favre is an "old Tony Romo sits to pee". Of course, Madden ran with it, so that part is on him.

I'd say hes more mentally challenged than anything else....you get no insight from listening to Madden, just him slobbering over Favre, Aikman, Brady and now Romo sits to pee and talking about Turducken :doh:

Just be patient... If Campbell continues to play well, then Madden will say something good about him and you will all like him again. ;)

Just be patient... If Campbell continues to play well, then Madden will say something good about him and you will all like him again. ;)

Never liked Madden.....first time I heard his broadcast he basically re-told the story about the hole in Texas Stadium so God could watch his favorite team play :puke: :puke: :puke:

Haven't liked him since.

I think you heard it wrong. He was repeating what a player said. I think it was Urlackerz (idiot) who said Favre is an "old Tony Romo sits to pee". Of course, Madden ran with it, so that part is on him.

Well it was difficult to tell what of anything Madden said last night was an original thought, I somehow missed that part.

I love madden ,always have ,and yes he was just repeating something that a player said.

One thing I like about madden is that he explains things well in non football terms, not everyone that watches football knows a lot about the games.

I understand however why some people don't like him and to each his own.

I haven't liked him much on a week to week basis since he was with Pat Summerall. He was at the top of his game then. When he was on CBS he was great at picking up on little details about the game that were important. Now he is just like a lot of these other Annoucers and Analysts who really just share general info and opinions that everyone else says or thinks. That whole NBC Sunday Night Football crew is terrible, even though I think Tiki could be a good Analyst. Unfourtunately it's hard for him or Bettis to get a word in over Collinsworth, who is an NFL analyst on three different networks and doesn't bring anything to any show he's on.

Never liked Madden.....first time I heard his broadcast he basically re-told the story about the hole in Texas Stadium so God could watch his favorite team play

But the Redskins only play there once a year? How does that work? :dallasuck

eff that...until Phil Simms is out of commentating, there shouldn't be any complaining about Madden...the guy actually makes football interesting for non-football types (women, etc) without being overly annoying...though I'm sure many think he's that. He's a far cry from Philth Simms...I hate that guy as a commentator....I have to mute the game when he's commentating because he's so annoying and stupid all rolled into one.

ok..with that said...Madden needs to be put down if he ever calls Farve an old Tony Romo sits to pee again...just make sure we put down Phil before him.

Madden is still the best

he can let man crushes get on everyones nerves... but his knowledge of the game and the easy way he puts it into layman's terms is still head and shoulders above any other team

and he doesn't try to manufacture drama like other bone heads

Archived