Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memo about crowd noise during redskins offensive series

mcarey032

A little memo to the fans who like to make noise for our offense during the offensive series; please try and contain your noise until the redskins score. There is a reason that they call it homefield advantage. It makes you look uneducated as a fan if you are continually cheering and making noise while the offense has the ball. So if you are trying to help the team, save until the defense is on the field. They could really use all the energy you are using to scream your heads off to make Kitna and co. life hell. I will be there and I will be trying to make it difficult for their offense. So I ask kindly that you fans who are screaming at our offense, to aim your attention at their offense and not ours.

Thanks

HTTR :helmet: :logo: :point2sky ;)

yeah well I didn't want to have to actually see in person that people actually make noise during an offensive series. I am for people having free choice, but if the goal is to win, why would fans want to make noise and make it difficult for the offense. It is supposed to be homefield advantage afterall.

Take a sign with that reads ...

"STFU WE'RE ON OFFENSE! READ THE JUMBOTRON" :laugh:

and hold it up when we ARE on offense, thats the best way to get the point across. I was going to do this but i sprained my knee 2 days ago, so i cant go, will be like the 5th game i've missed in 31 years :cry:

Thanks you, mcarey032.

I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired at hearing OUR fans cheering sometimes when our offense is in a 2-minute drill or near the goal line like what has happen a few times this season.

For the life of me I just can't figure out what would make some people do this.

I guess some of our fan base is not as smart as I thought we were in the past. :(

At all the games that I have been to at RFK (and their have been many), I don't remember EVER experiencing this kind of stupidity that I have seen at FedEx. :doh:

Now, don't get me started with those idiots who want to start the WAVE, especially when our offense is on the field. :doh:

It amazes me that pro football has been in this town for 70 some-odd years, yet our fan base continues to show ignorance on when and when NOT to cheer. Do you realize that I actually had to stop a wave drill in those final two minutes of the Giants game? A guy behind me commented, "We must have the dumbest fans in the league!" The more I see it the more I agree. Pro football has only been in Indianapolis -- a basketball and auto racing city -- for a little more than 20 years, yet their fans seem to know MUCH more about being quiet on offense. Ironically, that's where we stole the "Quiet! Offense at Work." sign from. :doh:

Before I went to the 2005 Cardinals Game in Arizona I did a similar post about my experience at the Cardinals Game in 2000 about how the Redskin Fans had a good showing at Sun Devil Stadium but were making noise along with the Cardinals Fans when the Redskins were trying to drive down field for the game winning score.

Pretty much I explained that the purpose of crowd noise is to distract the offense, mess up the signals and try to cause a false start. What was the purpose of having 40% of you fans on the road if you are going to help the home team.

This is even worse when it is in our house, it makes up look like a bunch of clueless causal fans. Like skinsfan44 said "I guess some of our fan base is not as smart as I thought we were in the past."

oh lord...it is true though there are still some idiot fans who yell while we are on O and are quiet on D...what a bunch of morons

these are the same people who sit while we are on D and yell at the guy in front of them to sit while we are on D...those fans are the worst...they shouldn't even be called fans

As much as I agree in principle to this whole idea, you guys really need stop crying and STFU.

I admit, at the last game when we were driving down the field our crowd did make the mistake of cheering and getting excited after we had gotten the ball down in to the red zone. But that mistake was made because of emotion and joy over the fact that we were actually moving the ball which we hadn't done the entire half! It was a mistake, but not something that defines a whole fanbase's football IQ.

In fact, I have a story from earlier in the same game that shows how savvy we can be. Giants are on offense, deep in their own territory. Its 2nd or 3rd down so the crowd was in full frenzy being as loud as we could. Suddenly Manning, starts to bark out an audible and runs back and forth trying to signal his teammates on both sides. As soon as he started doing this, our crowd got way louder and more excited making even more difficult for Manning to change the play. I have never seen or heard a decibel increase and a rise out of our fans so obvious before. As you can see by my example that 'Skins fans, for the most part, are very tuned in to what is happening. We did in fact make a mistake last week, but I have been to many games and I don't see us making that mistake repeatedly.

In fact, I have a story from earlier in the same game that shows how savvy we can be. Giants are on offense, deep in their own territory. Its 2nd or 3rd down so the crowd was in full frenzy being as loud as we could. Suddenly Manning, starts to bark out an audible and runs back and forth trying to signal his teammates on both sides. As soon as he started doing this, our crowd got way louder and more excited making even more difficult for Manning to change the play. I have never seen or heard a decibel increase and a rise out of our fans so obvious before. As you can see by my example that 'Skins fans, for the most part, are very tuned in to what is happening. We did in fact make a mistake last week, but I have been to many games and I don't see us making that mistake repeatedly.
Yes, it's very obvious. That's when they turn up the canned noise.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you for making this post, this thread needs to be bumped before every game.

I was at the Giants game last week and people would not stop screaming during that last offensive drive. IT WAS RIDICULOUS. Betts and Sellers had to signal for the crowd to quiet down during the drive, which is sad.

When the offense has the ball be QUIET. When they get a big first down or score celebrate but when they get up to the line SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH.

Go Skins!!!

:lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck:

It is a damn shame how stupid our fans have become

I could not believe how loud the place was when we were on the 1 yard line against the Giants. It was pathetic

You wont find Fans at Lane Stadium making noise and and key shaking when the Hokie offense is on the field! :D

Dear Redskins Team Captains,

You may have noticed that in the 3rd quarter when you're on defense, there is no crowd noise. It's b/c most fans are in line getting more beer and food. So my suggestion is, if/when you win the coin toss, elect to be defense FIRST. Start off in the first quarter as defense, when the seats are full and loud. Then in the third quarter, there will be no noise for the offense b/c the crowd will be eating and drinking.

Make this your new policy.

Regards,

your faithful follower

I have never seen this and don't know where you are coming from. No stadium, especially not one with 92,000 people in it is ever going to be dead silent. Even so, I must reiterate that I have never seen someone making noise on offense like they do on defense.

Take a sign with that reads ...

"STFU WE'RE ON OFFENSE! READ THE JUMBOTRON" :laugh:

and hold it up when we ARE on offense, thats the best way to get the point across. I was going to do this but i sprained my knee 2 days ago, so i cant go, will be like the 5th game i've missed in 31 years :cry:

5th game in 31 years? daaaamn :(

keep it up man :)

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you for making this post, this thread needs to be bumped before every game.

Consider it placed on my list of things to do!

Yes, it's very obvious. That's when they turn up the canned noise.

Oooooh yeah, thats what it was. Riiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

No, it wasn't canned noise. In fact it wasn't just noise that I witnessed. It was more fans standing up, moving their arms, and generally being more frenzied than before. The reason I remember that moment is because we were already loud and crazy, but we got even crazier after Eli tried to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Trust me, it was a very savvy move by our crowd and something I know our fans are capable of.

Don't worry, there are many more of us "smart" fans amongst the 'Skins faithful.

Oooooh yeah, thats what it was. Riiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

No, it wasn't canned noise. In fact it wasn't just noise that I witnessed. It was more fans standing up, moving their arms, and generally being more frenzied than before. The reason I remember that moment is because we were already loud and crazy, but we got even crazier after Eli tried to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Trust me, it was a very savvy move by our crowd and something I know our fans are capable of.

Don't worry, there are many more of us "smart" fans amongst the 'Skins faithful.

Now, if we can just get that savviness working when the offense is on the field, we'd be all set.

Archived