Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memo about crowd noise during redskins offensive series

mcarey032

Dude give it a rest. Have you not seen the 50 other threads about crowd noise? I mean can I go a week with out seeing somone offering their professional crowd advice. We get it....................................

Of all the threads that have been written on this topic, this, I think is the best one. So, until the FedEx Faithful "gets it," I plan on bumping this thread the week of every home game.

This wasn't necessary at RFK because it was "Redskins fans" that filled the stadium. Add another 20.000+ seats and the stadium is filled with the "casual fan" who are there to party more than anything else.
or be seen or go to a professional game for the first time because it might be fun.

Stwasm shouldn't have to start a thread like this but as long as people do things like start the wave when our offense is on the field, it's necessary.

or be seen or go to a professional game for the first time because it might be fun.

Stwasm shouldn't have to start a thread like this but as long as people do things like start the wave when our offense is on the field, it's necessary.

I can't take credit for starting this thread. That belongs to McCary. But, after what I'd noticed the first two home games, I thought I had to take matters into my own hands. Anything to help the team.

First and goal from the one with the potential tying TD. It's just human nature for people to shout words of encouragement even if they don't realize they are making it hard on the offense. Some of you using the words Clueless and Stupid to define our fanbase is over the top. Like I said, human nature dictates making noise when you're excited, the heart is racing and your thoughts intensify. You feel like you're helping the team by shouting. Let's give this a break. stwasm said the crowd was better against the Lions.

So let me get this right, we should excuse people who make noise during offense because they are excited? My dog gets excited when I get home. I tell him to calm down and he does. There is no need to cheer for our offense while they are on the field.

I think that during the lions game the fans did a great job (at least in section 422) of being quiet during the offensive series and then louder than H E double hockey sticks during the defensive series. I won't be at this game, but I would say that it is bad when some of the fans don't know what to do in terms of acting. We shouldn't simply excuse people who are not doing the appropiate thing. The only way people learn is through error and when someone makes an error point it out, then show them the correct way.

Of all the threads that have been written on this topic, this, I think is the best one. So, until the FedEx Faithful "gets it," I plan on bumping this thread the week of every home game.

Then I reserve the right to tell you that your wasting your time with this crap. Do you really thing the problem lies here within the realm of this "extremeworld." The answer is no.

Fan police are a nuesance, nothing is more irritating then some knob trying to play cheerleader infront of me. If the team is sucessful the support will come.

Then I reserve the right to tell you that your wasting your time with this crap. Do you really thing the problem lies here within the realm of this "extremeworld." The answer is no.

Fan police are a nuesance, nothing is more irritating then some knob trying to play cheerleader infront of me. If the team is sucessful the support will come.

If by "nuisance" "cheerleader" you mean smart fan. The thing is being loud on offense isn't helping the team it's actually negative. It's not policing, it's realizing that 20,000 morons screaming = bad for the team. If it were only a few it would not matter. He's not saying we need to give them a guidebook, he's telling them to STFU and do the right thing.

And i'm saying dont take this soo seriously. People pay a ton of cash to go to these games, to have a good time. I think some on this board have lost the fun element. Instead its threads like these ripping people for being living up to the "superfan standard" and unfortunatley due to the world we live in you cant expect 90k people to adhere to your policy.

Instead of sending out threads about how intense we need to be why not focus on the fun element. Enjoy the fact that your at the game, forget about what other people are doing. Realize that you are fortunate enough to have a ticket that alot are envious of. Instead there is a constant flow of messages talking about how "the fans werent loud enough", or "the fans were too loud on offense", or my section "didnt stand up on 3rd down." The truth is if the team was better and didnt move into this crappy stadium none of this would be an issue.

And i'm saying dont take this soo seriously. People pay a ton of cash to go to these games, to have a good time. I think some on this board have lost the fun element. Instead its threads like these ripping people for being living up to the "superfan standard" and unfortunatley due to the world we live in you cant expect 90k people to adhere to your policy.

Instead of sending out threads about how intense we need to be why not focus on the fun element. Enjoy the fact that your at the game, forget about what other people are doing. Realize that you are fortunate enough to have a ticket that alot are envious of. Instead there is a constant flow of messages talking about how "the fans werent loud enough", or "the fans were too loud on offense", or my section "didnt stand up on 3rd down." The truth is if the team was better and didnt move into this crappy stadium none of this would be an issue.

And what's more fun then knowing you are actually contributing to your team. This is not true in any other sport. You can have fun without screwing up your team. As for not standing up on 3rd down, that's understandable but this is proper football etiquette and if you want to be a real fan you'll assimilate to the way it should be done. Yell on D, quiet on O.

Archived