Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Put your money where your mouth is

BigRedAlbright

Brandon Lloyd is paid an obscene amount of money to sit on the bench. HE has talent but was rarely looked at last year in games because of Sally-Armed Brunell. This year he was targeted once. I know there must be crap going on behind the scenes with his attitude so let's take another approach. With Santana Hurt PUT BRANDON LLOYD IN AS THE NUMBER 1 RECEIVER. Throw to him often. This could shut him up and actually let us see what he can do. Also, it could raise his value and stop him from putting out any more CDs this week. Bring on the posts calling me stupid.

I think it's a decent idea. It remindes me of the movie Little Big League when the pitcher wants to be traded to another team and purposefully pitches like crap. The manager says he is gonna keep putting the pitcher on the mound everyday because "whats the going rate for a pitcher with an 0-10 record?" This would force him to perform if he wants to go elsewhere and get paid to do it. Kudos to you handsome man!

I couldn't agree more....if you're not going to play him, and he's a locker room problem...then CUT YOUR LOSSES!!!! If not, giving him a chance.....one way or the other.....to me it comes back to the same thing over and over and over and over and over again with Gibbs.....INDECISION...which leads to the multiple f-ups on game day, with clock management, personnel decisions, and strategy.......Scared to lose.....scared to win.

As I said in another thread, this issue/question has alreay been answered in this article (assuming its accurate):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/01/AR2007100100905.html

The Redskins' primary starting receiver designations are the "Z" -- a position Moss plays that involves lots of shifting, multiple formations and more varied routes -- and "X" -- Randle El's starting spot that is primarily a split end with more vertical routes. Al Saunders, associate head coach, said that if Moss cannot play -- which he thought unlikely -- then "the guy that would step in there would be James Thrash." Randle El also will get some practice work at the "Z" this week, while Lloyd is primarily an "X" and Caldwell began to get practice work at the "Z" last week.

"The easiest position to learn is 'X,' with less variations," Saunders said. "So usually when guys first come in they start at 'X' and [we] get him comfortable, and then give some exposure to 'Z.' "

Brandon Lloyd is paid an obscene amount of money to sit on the bench. HE has talent but was rarely looked at last year in games because of Sally-Armed Brunell. This year he was targeted once. I know there must be crap going on behind the scenes with his attitude so let's take another approach. With Santana Hurt PUT BRANDON LLOYD IN AS THE NUMBER 1 RECEIVER. Throw to him often. This could shut him up and actually let us see what he can do. Also, it could raise his value and stop him from putting out any more CDs this week. Bring on the posts calling me stupid.
I think it's a decent idea. It remindes me of the movie Little Big League when the pitcher wants to be traded to another team and purposefully pitches like crap. The manager says he is gonna keep putting the pitcher on the mound everyday because "whats the going rate for a pitcher with an 0-10 record?" This would force him to perform if he wants to go elsewhere and get paid to do it. Kudos to you handsome man!

:laugh: :laugh:

Mind if any of us join your conversation?

Quite the reference there....sadly I got it because I watch too much damn TV. :laugh:

I just don't want to call you stupid. But being the first to respond "TO YOUR OWN THREAD", I find "stupid".

As I said in another thread, this issue/question has alreay been answered in this article (assuming its accurate):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/01/AR2007100100905.html

The Redskins' primary starting receiver designations are the "Z" -- a position Moss plays that involves lots of shifting, multiple formations and more varied routes -- and "X" -- Randle El's starting spot that is primarily a split end with more vertical routes. Al Saunders, associate head coach, said that if Moss cannot play -- which he thought unlikely -- then "the guy that would step in there would be James Thrash." Randle El also will get some practice work at the "Z" this week, while Lloyd is primarily an "X" and Caldwell began to get practice work at the "Z" last week.

"The easiest position to learn is 'X,' with less variations," Saunders said. "So usually when guys first come in they start at 'X' and [we] get him comfortable, and then give some exposure to 'Z.' "

Very true...Kelli Johnson brought this issue up with Al Saunders during his Tuesday evening interview. Granted B Lloyd should know some "Z" routes by now, let's see what he can do...

HTTR!!! :point2sky

You just compared this to "little big league." Nothing else needs to be said.

Archived