Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd "we haven't lost a match all night"

monte55coleman

Its always hilarious to hear how critical some people get of football players when they hear anything about them doing anything outside of football. If they hear anything about the player not thinking about football 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, throughout their entire playing career, than they say things like "maybe Brandon Lloyd should concentrate on football instead of playing video games." Maybe, just maybe, Brandon LLoyd isn't a very good wide receiver and even if he thought about nothing but football all day and dreamt about football at night, he couldn't get a catch. That being said, I still am holding out some hope he'll be able to do something for us. Good to see some off the field team chemistry, especially with Lloyd.

Ding.

Would you throw to a WR that you didn't trust?

JC doesn't have an accusatory bone in his body, and he even called out Lloyd.

I say let him play Halo 3 right off the team.

He is a bum and he is not willing to put in the work to make himself better or at least a factor for his teammates.

The redskins need Lloyd but he is not delivering jack....except winning Halo 3 tourneys

Lloyd's not wrong when he says Jason doesn't really look his way. He doesn't. Lloyd would have had two touchdowns on scrambles if Jason would have thrown it to him because he was behind his guy in man coverage. On one scramble, he even looked that way but still didn't throw it. That's probably Lloyd's fault because Campbell felt he could have knocked the INT down last week.

In any case, it's hard for me to hate a guy because he has free time and plays video games.

how's the QB going to throw his way when he's never open?

That'd be incorrect man. Lloyd is open. Not as open as Moss gets, but at least as open as ARE. I don't get the impression Campbell much likes him and I don't get the impression he's going to be able to overcome that. But, it would be incorrect to say he's not getting open.

Lloyd's not wrong when he says Jason doesn't really look his way. He doesn't. Lloyd would have had two touchdowns on scrambles if Jason would have thrown it to him because he was behind his guy in man coverage. On one scramble, he even looked that way but still didn't throw it. That's probably Lloyd's fault because Campbell felt he could have knocked the INT down last week.

In any case, it's hard for me to hate a guy because he has free time and plays video games.

i agree, but this thread's fun

it sounds like there might be a riff between the two. With all that's been said about Lloyd's locker room presence is it possible that they've exchanged words sometime this past year?

Playmakers make plays and make themselves a factor.

If Lloyd is so great why isn't he standing out in practice at least enough to get his starting job back?

Lloyd has plenty of talent but he is sitting on his pity pot hoping that JC will start throwing to him.

Lloyd should be using every free second to perfect his day job.

If Lloyd is so great why isn't he standing out in practice at least enough to get his starting job back?

Lloyd has plenty of talent but he is sitting on his pity pot hoping that JC will start throwing to him.

I wonder if there is in fact a riff between the two. I'm a huge Illinois fan and I remember Lloyd had an attitude even in college, but he was a favorite target of Kittner's in college, but yeah he was sort of a drama queen.

how's the QB going to throw his way when he's never open?

Agreed,

Lloyd can't bust a grape let alone get off the line of scrimmage and keep his route integrity.

For all athletic ability he has and great hands he only has functional speed which means he does not get separation. That is why he has to be a super athlete in order to catch normal passes.

I guess the scouts missed looking at his slow 40 time in favor of the cool catches.

I wonder if there is in fact a riff between the two. I'm a huge Illinois fan and I remember Lloyd had an attitude even in college, but he was a favorite target of Kittner's in college, but yeah he was sort of a drama queen.

Lloyd did alienate a bunch of people in the lockeroom last year according to Clinton Portis. Jason LaCanfora wrote that even the Skins coaching and equipment staff had soured on Lloyd.

I think a lot of people on the team do not like him judging by his pouting and whining last season.

I've actually been told he's looked pretty good in practice. Gibbs has kept the depth chart the way it was at the end of last year and ARE has done well, so, it's not really an issue. I don't believe he's acting pitiful either. He was hustling and blocking on the field against Philly. I think he understands he owes a bit of a penance for his attitude last year and I believe he's serving it. He obviously is more likely to be a bust for us than productive, but, I keep thinking he'll have one of those games you just can't believe he had and it will really put this team on the next level. ARE is ideal for the slot. If Lloyd, or ANYONE really, emerges at No. 2 receiver, we're going to put a hurting on people.

I've actually been told he's looked pretty good in practice. Gibbs has kept the depth chart the way it was at the end of last year and ARE has done well, so, it's not really an issue. I don't believe he's acting pitiful either. He was hustling and blocking on the field against Philly. I think he understands he owes a bit of a penance for his attitude last year and I believe he's serving it. He obviously is more likely to be a bust for us than productive, but, I keep thinking he'll have one of those games you just can't believe he had and it will really put this team on the next level. ARE is ideal for the slot. If Lloyd, or ANYONE really, emerges at No. 2 receiver, we're going to put a hurting on people.

Well I hope you are right because we do need him but I heard enough last year to cast him in the sea of duds. Lloyd is super talented but he needs to get his mind right and start working to perfect his craft.

He could be a factor if he put forth a bigger effort...IMO

Lloyd did alienate a bunch of people in the lockeroom last year according to Clinton Portis. Jason LaCanfora wrote that even the Skins coaching and equipment staff had soured on Lloyd.

I think a lot of people on the team do not like him judging by his pouting and whining last season.

There was a lot wrong with last year's team. Lot of bickering and in fighting and problems. I really hate when our offensive players, especially, reject systems because they want to do something else and that hurt us a ton last year. The reason I thought we'd really have problems this year is because I thought the team had essentially turned on itself and the coaching staff. Gibbs substantially adjusted much of what we do and perhaps he mended most of the rifts. Lloyd was straight punk last year.

It's actually a GOOD sign Sellers is hanging around him because Sellers is one of the most popular guys we've got and he's a respected force. He might be able to lift Lloyd up.

ARE belongs here for sure and cares about winning. I really like ARE and like him as a #2 guy, but understand him as a slot receiver. As far as I'm concerned we wouldn't miss him if we kicked him to the curb. I would much rather have Thrash or some tall guy at #2

I love Thrash as well but Thrash is too old and slow to be consistently productive. Lloyd and A.R.E were brought here for a reason.

As much as I love A.R.E he is a slot WR at best. A.R.E will do his best but their will be games where he is completely ineffective. That is why the Skins still grabbed Caldwell 5'11, 214 pounds. Caldwell is a legit #2 WR that can play big and produce consistently.

Lloyd has the height to be a #2 WR but does not play big enough or smart enough to be consistent and reliable.

i agree, but this thread's fun

it sounds like there might be a riff between the two. With all that's been said about Lloyd's locker room presence is it possible that they've exchanged words sometime this past year?

Remember the Lloyd helmet-throwing incident? I seem to recall that his wrath was directed at JC, who he screamed at onto the sideline. I get the impression that some of the guys like CP took JC's side.

Look at JC's comment about the INT against Miami, ie. you'd hope that the receiver would make a play or at least prevent an INT (I am paraphrasing).

JC and Lloyd were in the Caribbean in the offseason, participating in a QB/WR competition together. I'd hope that with time alone together in a different environment, that they'd be able to bury any necessary hatchets and bond a little. Who knows, maybe they have and the opportunities just haven't presented themselves this year.

I get the sense that Lloyd has put himself in a situation where he has to work to earn his teammates' trust. He can't just be himself, which makes it awkard and tough.

Remember the Lloyd helmet-throwing incident? I seem to recall that his wrath was directed at JC, who he screamed at onto the sideline. I get the impression that some of the guys like CP took JC's side.

Look at JC's comment about the INT against Miami, ie. you'd hope that the receiver would make a play or at least prevent an INT (I am paraphrasing).

JC and Lloyd were in the Caribbean in the offseason, participating in a QB/WR competition together. I'd hope that with time alone together in a different environment, that they'd be able to bury any necessary hatchets and bond a little. Who knows, maybe they have and the opportunities just haven't presented themselves this year.

I get the sense that Lloyd has put himself in a situation where he has to work to earn his teammates' trust. He can't just be himself, which makes it awkard and tough.

I might be late onto this scene, but holy ****. Look at that sig. :yikes:

That'd be incorrect man. Lloyd is open. Not as open as Moss gets, but at least as open as ARE. I don't get the impression Campbell much likes him and I don't get the impression he's going to be able to overcome that. But, it would be incorrect to say he's not getting open.

This is what I suspect is currently the main issue, and makes the most sense, other than Al having something against him. And even that doesn’t work as well--if JC wanted to throw to Lloyd, he would. It fits both what I have seen and what I regard as the facts to date.

Of course, I know Lloyd's persona and some of his plays contribute their share to his "bust-ness" here, particularly where he has rubbed Campbell the wrong way. He has to take his full measure of responsibility for doing whatever it takes to get his QB on his side.

Unrelated leanings Campbell has towards favoring other targets are no doubt reinforced by any personal issues with Lloyd. While I didn’t see that end-zone play as a “big bad on Lloyd", it wouldn't have helped his case with JC. An awesome catch might have.

The wildly popular notion that Lloyd "sucks" at a skill level and "doesn't try" is, and always has been, generally stupid. Other than Lavar, Brunell, and Ramsey, I haven’t seen such an endless dumb-thread-spawning subject where more people have been more stupid with more dedication than on the subject of Lloyd. Last sentence was a vent. :)

Archived