Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Calzaghe(43-0) vs. Mikkell Kessler(39-0) Tonight HBO 9p.m.

HEavyJumbo85

Bumped for another matchup of TWO Undefeated fighters. Live on HBO's World Championship Boxing(NOT PPV) 9p.m. EST

Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler tonight, November 3rd. Super Middleweight Unification bout. Calzaghe's putting up both his WBO and Ring Magazine titles against Mikkel Kessler and his WBA and WBC titles.

Huge, huge fight seeing as Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor will both most likely be moving up to the 168 pound class in the near future. Calzaghe has been the best of the best for a long time in that Super Middleweight division, but Kessler's no slouch himself. Should be a great fight, and another one HBO is giving us without having to pay 60 bucks for a PPV.

Sorry for the late notification if people didn't know this was coming up, didn't have the time to hype this one up all week, oh well. Enjoy the fight.

Pavlik's style will let Taylor open up with more offense in this fight. this will be a close fight, but i see Taylor gettin the decision in the end. Pavlik is a great fighter, but he has alot of holes in his defense. He eats alot of shots that he should have corrected by now. Pavlik is a warrior, but i don't see him beating Taylor in this fight.

Well, I certainly don't think Taylor will be able to knock Pavlik out, Edison Miranda has far stronger punches than Taylor does, and Pavlik wasn't fazed by any of it. If anyone is going to win by knockout, it's going to be Pavlik. It'll be an interesting fight, regardless of how you feel about the legitimacy of Taylor's title reign. I'm personally rooting for Pavlik, I'd like to see a brawler have the title for the hell of it, but I have a feeling Taylor will pull this one out.

Well, I certainly don't think Taylor will be able to knock Pavlik out, Edison Miranda has far stronger punches than Taylor does, and Pavlik wasn't fazed by any of it. If anyone is going to win by knockout, it's going to be Pavlik. It'll be an interesting fight, regardless of how you feel about the legitimacy of Taylor's title reign. I'm personally rooting for Pavlik, I'd like to see a brawler have the title for the hell of it, but I have a feeling Taylor will pull this one out.

Well the fight is in Atlantic City as opposed to Taylor's backyard and both fighters are undefeated so hopefully we won't have to worry about some garbage decision going Taylor's way just because.

Taylor doesn't get credit for his chin. His chin is solid. He's never been knocked down, hell i can't even recall him be seriously stunned in a fight from a punch. Pavlik has power, but i think Taylor being a big middleweight will be able to deal with it. i don't see either fighter being knocked down or out in this fight to be honest.

As long as Emmanuel Stewart is in Taylor's corner, I will take Taylor.

ironically Taylor has looked worse as a fighter since training with Stewart. i don't think those two mesh very well. Steward is a hall of fame trainer, but if the chemistry isn't there between the fighter and trainer it won't matter.

Countdown to Taylor Pavlik replay being shown at 3:30pm EST Monday on HBO and also at 9:30pm EST on HBO...

The show really gets you pumped for this fight man, it's gonna be a good one.

Max Kellerman called it a throwback fight, with 2 superstar middleweights in the prime of their careers fighting for the world title.

Taylor doesn't get credit for his chin. His chin is solid. He's never been knocked down, hell i can't even recall him be seriously stunned in a fight from a punch. Pavlik has power, but i think Taylor being a big middleweight will be able to deal with it. i don't see either fighter being knocked down or out in this fight to be honest.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan....Taylor was basically out on his feet in the 12 round of the first Hopkins fight.

I'm picking Pavlik....simply because he FIGHTS...he is not an older fighter trying to pace himself (hopkins) or a unnatural middlewieght (Ouma, Spinks)....he will be in there to battle for 12 rounds.

i'm takin Taylor by UD. Pavlik will keep it close, but Pavlik's style leave's him open to alot of shots. if Taylor can rediscover his jab that he had as he was rising up the rankings, he'll have an easier time than trying to simply overpower Pavlik.

Good call...

I still think Taylor will drop that left hand one too many times and Pavlik will put him on the canvas...Pavlik will win this fight because I still think that Taylor will start to ignore Steward's instructions when he's not getting unbelievable results.

I got Pavlik getting the TKO on Taylor in the 7th round.

This fight is more Taylor's style. For once he won't be matched up with a superior boxer with defensive skills. This one will just be a slugfest that could go either way. Win or lose, I still don't respect him as a boxer or as the champ.

I watched him lose to a blown up 147 pound no power having Cory Spinks. I'll never recognize him as champ after that fight.

This fight is more Taylor's style. For once he won't be matched up with a superior boxer with defensive skills. This one will just be a slugfest that could go either way. Win or lose, I still don't respect him as a boxer or as the champ.

I watched him lose to a blown up 147 pound no power having Cory Spinks. I'll never recognize him as champ after that fight.

its one thing to say you don't like Taylor, but how can you not respect a fighter who B-Hop or Winky Wright could not convincingly beat in 3 fights (for the record i had Taylor-Bhop 1 a draw, Taylor-Bhop 2 115-113 for Taylor, and Taylor-Wright a draw)

Taylor in a three fight span fought B-Hop twice, and then went straight to Winky Wright. I wish he would've fought other fighters than Ouma & Spinks but at the time, Miranda and Pavlik both had scheduled fights and no other middleweights would've created any interest.

I didn't think it was possible, but the Countdown to Taylor/Pavlik special on HBO made me hate JT even more. HBO can get my hyped about just any fight with those Countdown specials.

I can't say I have confidence in choosing any sort of result, but if Taylor backs up on the ropes and drops his left like he has in his last three fights (Wright, Ouma, Spinks) he will pay the price. If the fight stays in the middle of the ring Taylor's speed will be too much even with Pavlik continuously coming forward in an attempt to walk him down.

I'm just glad I don't have to pay $50 to see it. The last 2 pay per views I've seen (De La Hoya-Mayweather, Hopkins-Wright) were not worth the money.

first person i've seen admit to actually ordering Hopkins-Wright. I watch damn near every fight i can (even the smaller fights on espn friday night fights) but B-Hop/Wright is a fight that had boredom on it from the moment it was announced.

I'm just glad I don't have to pay $50 to see it. The last 2 pay per views I've seen (De La Hoya-Mayweather, Hopkins-Wright) were not worth the money.

The Judah-Cotto fight was well worth the money in my opinion. That was a great fight.

I still think that this fight on Saturday will be the best fight we've seen in a while.

The Judah-Cotto fight was well worth the money in my opinion. That was a great fight.

I still think that this fight on Saturday will be the best fight we've seen in a while.

right now i've got Israel Vazquez/Rafael Marquez II easily as fight of the year. i don't expect this fight to top it, but if taylor/pavlik comes anywhere near that fight i'll be satisfied

its one thing to say you don't like Taylor, but how can you not respect a fighter who B-Hop or Winky Wright could not convincingly beat in 3 fights (for the record i had Taylor-Bhop 1 a draw, Taylor-Bhop 2 115-113 for Taylor, and Taylor-Wright a draw)

Taylor in a three fight span fought B-Hop twice, and then went straight to Winky Wright. I wish he would've fought other fighters than Ouma & Spinks but at the time, Miranda and Pavlik both had scheduled fights and no other middleweights would've created any interest.

I didn't mind the Spinks fight because I've always liked Spinks because of his ability to win fights despite all of his shortcomings. And the fact that Spinks beat him shows that it was a legit fight for Jermain to take.

Archived