Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Calzaghe(43-0) vs. Mikkell Kessler(39-0) Tonight HBO 9p.m.

HEavyJumbo85

the thing is about Taylor...i dont think we've seen him fight his best fight....ever since Manny Stewart has come aboard...he has become a tentative fighter, doing too much thinking in the ring....

that will be his downfall if he continues this on Saturday night

i noticed that as well. i think the chemistry between the two isn't that good, Taylor has yet to use damn near any of the in-between round advice that Steward gives him. Steward is a hall of fame trainer, but chemistry can be more important than knowledge at times. if they ever get on the same page, Taylor will be much more a devastating fighter, because he actually has alot of natural skill, but it hasn't been seen in awhile.

this is the first time JT has ever participated in steward's secluded training camp... no fighter of Steward's has ever lost after one of these camps (17-0)... in fact, the one time lennix lewis skipped on out it, he was KO'ed by rahman...

gonna be a different JT this time out.. there's just too much talent, experience in big fights and superior training, I believe, for pavlik to win... money has been pounding the line on taylor's side... started out as a near pick'em and is now about -150 taylor... and climbing...

enjoy the fight..

watch the kid Andre Berto on the undercard, he could a problem at welterweight in the near future

oh definitley, the guy is a stud. He caught the shaft in the trials for the 04 olympics and decided to go fight for Haiti because his mother had citizenship there or something. Either way, he's been a beast everytime that i've seen him fight on espn, and Teddy Atlas loves him, and he knows a fighter when he sees one. Berto has a ton of power for a welterweight, but he also knows how to box. He'll be a champ sooner than later.

I actually hope Pavlik KO's Taylor in this fight. But I see a Split-Decicion for Taylor. I do think Taylor will finally wise up and listen to Manny and BOX Pavlik. Pavlik is the dangerous fighter that Taylor will have to step up his game for. Taylor could box with Hopkins, Wright, Ouma and Spinks without a fear of getting KO'ed. Now, he'll be in the ring with a fighter with LEGIT KO POWER. It's true, he fights to his competition's level and he'll need to adjust his game if he expects to beat Pavlik. Pavlik's defense is suspect, so Taylor can pick him apart if he decides to box instead of fight. If Taylor decides to fight (brawl), i think he'll get KO'ed by 8. Hopefully, this is a fight where both boxers bring their "A" Game and make boxing fans enjoy this fight. The Berto fight should be good also. Berto by UD.

:applause: To HBO & Boxing for putting together a good fight card for the fans. :applause:

Taylor has an unbelievable left jab. Problem is he hasn't thrown it in his last 5-6 fights. I've been watching Taylor for quite some time, and he absolutely dismantled people with it during the pre-hopkins days. If he gets back to that tonight, I think Taylor wins. If he doesn't it could go either way.

Taylor has an unbelievable left jab. Problem is he hasn't thrown it in his last 5-6 fights. I've been watching Taylor for quite some time, and he absolutely dismantled people with it during the pre-hopkins days. If he gets back to that tonight, I think Taylor wins. If he doesn't it could go either way.

yeah i was discussing that with some of my friends. When Taylor was prospect he controlled and destroyed his opponents with his jab. it came from such an awkward angle that it is incredibly hard to gameplan for. for some reason when he got his shot at the title, he abandoned his jab and hasn't since found it. if he brings that jab back, he'll be tough for anyone to beat at 160 or 168 for that matter.

Gonna be a great night for boxing fans. Expect a good fight between Pavlik & Taylor. But don't forget about boxing on the free SHOWTIME Weekend.

Showtime @ 10pm EST

Saturday, September 29 2007

Arco Arena, Sacramento, California

Chad Dawson vs. Epifanio Mendoza (WBC Light Heavyweight Championship)

Roman Karmazin vs. Luca Messi (super welterweights)

Gonna be a great night for boxing fans. Expect a good fight between Pavlik & Taylor. But don't forget about boxing on the free SHOWTIME Weekend.

Showtime @ 10pm EST

Saturday, September 29 2007

Arco Arena, Sacramento, California

Chad Dawson vs. Epifanio Mendoza (WBC Light Heavyweight Championship)

Roman Karmazin vs. Luca Messi (super welterweights)

we couldn't possibly watch them both...or could we :laugh:

Archived