Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Mortensen-what he said a while back

SkinsNoles21

After reading the espn sportsnation chat, it reminded me of something Mortensen said MONTHS ago, around draft time, if not before.

He said the Redskins are going to be a playoff team, and that they are closer to the 05 team than the 06 team...

He also said that he was in the minority...

Who remembers this?

Not sayin it matters any, just sayin...the fact that we are 2-0 and most media people claiming it came out of nowhere isnt entirely true.

I'm sure you could find another example of where he says they aren't *****, too.

That guy talks out of both ends most of the time to cover his ass. It's how TV/Radio guys always can claim they called it right.

gotta disagree w u on this...its a little off base...they take stands no matter how awful they r.

i think mort KNOWS the most about football of the espn analysists when it comes to a personel and coaching nature. unfortunately, he rarely says what he knows and plays into the espn "issue driven" coverage.

9 times out of 10, he would rather take a shot at snyder, gibbs' age, or whoever our whinny veteran is at the time. this happened to be one of those times when there was so much negativity surounding the nfl at the draft that he didn't need to find an "issue" to discuss with the redskins and didn't bother to research an issue. so since he hadn't researched some negative issue to talk about, he decided to stick to the only thing he knew about the redskins at the time: we were going to be a better team.

it's kind of funny that when mort doesn't bother to make up issues to report on he actually gets the news right.

I remember the monday night crew all picked Philly, except TJ.....Who has egg on their faces now??? :laugh:

yeah that and alogn with the map of the US with red representing Philly and Blue representing us and everything was RED lol...even VIRGINIA of all places...i love the doubt in our team, it just makes us wanna beat teams even more!

yes and yes.

He and Jaws are the only guys on the Bristol payroll who actually watch film before spouting off their opinions.

The segment JAWS did on Campbell's eye movement and not staring down receivers was awesome, and, it showed me something. Most media cats have claimed he stairs all his receivers down...

do some research like JAWS and find out something a little different.

whats up SkinsNoles21, its joey!. I remember mortenson saying that. We definately have something to build on after those first two wins. We can not look past the G men though. If we can keep this rolling then who knows what can happen this year.

Mort usually is positive about the redskins, even in the days of Spurrier.

Huh? No one remembers what Mort said about the Skins Brass after the Denver trade for their 1st rder to draft Campbell huh? He said that Denver will get a "top 10" pick, and he called our management a case of the left hand NOT knowing what the right hand is doing! Mort is coming around now. But NOT always! Jim Mora Sr. had us as a "Sleeper" pick also. Mort and Mora Sr. only ones I read.

After reading the espn sportsnation chat, it reminded me of something Mortensen said MONTHS ago, around draft time, if not before.

He said the Redskins are going to be a playoff team, and that they are closer to the 05 team than the 06 team...

He also said that he was in the minority...

Who remembers this?

Not sayin it matters any, just sayin...the fact that we are 2-0 and most media people claiming it came out of nowhere isnt entirely true.

Mort is a smart man for saying that then..... ;)

My my we get ahead of ourselves at 2-0. You would have thought we had won the superbowl already... Honestly, we should probobly save the "I told you so" till we at least have something big to show for it, 2-0 means you are off to a good start, not that you proved everyone wrong once and for all.

Archived