Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Similiar is Brandon Lloyd to Michael Westbrook?

skinfan2k

Norv Turner IS a certified genius. As the offense coordinator in SF he actually coaxed a 43 catch, 750 yard season out of Lloyd :laugh:

I like the enthusiasm but Lloyd never played for Norv...his one and only year as the O-Coordinator for San Fran was 2006 which was Lloyd's first year in D.C....Norv coached the Raiders in 04 and 05, and managed to screw up Randy Moss, just like he's screwing up LT.

Westbrook could actually get open. He might not catch the ball, but he'd be open. He was a tall, physical, and had decent speed. Lloyd can't get open, isn't physical, isn't tall, and doesn't seem to be that fast. As more than one person has stated, it is hard to tell how good Westbrook would have been in the end because he kept getting hurt. Lloyd at least doesn't have that issue.

Injuries set Westbrook bact. But attitude as well. It seemed like once we brought in Brad Johnson he finally had a QB that could get him the ball. He had his best season with Brad and we went to the playoffs. Then in the season afterwards, He tore his ACL in week 2 and it was over.

I'll remember Westbrook for 2 plays.

1. His first TD came on a reverse. First time he touched the ball, He scored.

2. The game winning TD catch against the Cards in the first game ever played at Fed Ex.

westbrook had a couple more catches

lloyd, however, is the clubhouse leader in ducked balls

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/FridayFrenzy/lloyd_ducks.gif

(couldnt find it bigger)

tgijef

I watched that game, he had a bird fly right at him bro.. tell me you wouldn't have ducked

larger size.. watch for it at the very top of the screen

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/files/488/lloyd_ducks.gif

New forum rules:

Make any Brandon Lloyd thread that's not based on a breaking news article = perma ban.

Make any Brandon Loyd post that puts you over 500 posts saying basically the same thing on the topic (you know who you are :silly: ) and you're also toast.

j/k :silly: ....but I"m tempted. ;)

There is no comparison.

Westbrook was a productive receiver his first 4 seasons here, when healthy. That was what slowed him down early in his career, as well as generally mediocre to poor QB play. When he stayed healthy and had a QB, he had a great season in 99. A knee injury sidelined him for all but 2 games in 2000 and then became invisible in Marty's year of "caveman" offense.

Westbrook was a moody guy and didn't endear himself to people, but he was still a much better player for us than he's been given credit for.

Archived