Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Similiar is Brandon Lloyd to Michael Westbrook?

skinfan2k

How Similiar is Brandon Lloyd to Michael Westbrook? As i remember, i was still young enough to know not much more than the actual game on sunday and what the media gave us? Is Brandon Lloyd similiar as MW? For those who experienced it first hand, what can you tell us about the two situations and how they are different and the same?

i'd have to say not similar at all. westbrook was injured a lot, lloyd has been pretty healthy. westbrook showed a lot of flashes, and actually had one very good year. lloyds problem is that we've got nothin from him since he came here. i think westbrook was ok, but never became the elite receiver we wanted him to be. lloyd hasn't became the compliment to moss we want him to be, and statistically had the worst year for a receiver. but it's only been 1 year and 2 games, lloyd has plenty of time to redeem his self.

A few thoughts:

Brandon Lloyd still has a slim chance of repairing his career...But he needs to straighten out a suck attitude.

Westbrook was the classic "Looks like Tarzan/Plays like Jane"; Lloyd is more "Looks like Tarzan's kid brother/Plays like Jane"

Even after a sucker punch, Stephen Davis would get up and beat Lloyd's @$$.

I don't think MW ever rapped. (That's a huge plus in my book.)

Westbrook as noted had one very productive season. But at 6'3 and 220 he was at least a good decoy to put out there and have go down the field.

Brandon Lloyd doesn't scare anyone. He is supposedly a speedy guy but never seems to get separation. He is supposedly a great athlete who can't jump for the ball in the end zone.

Norv Turner IS a certified genius. As the offense coordinator in SF he actually coaxed a 43 catch, 750 yard season out of Lloyd :laugh:

Lloyd is perhaps the most oblivious player I have ever seen in the NFL.

Here the team has brought in a player in Caldwell who had 61 catches for a playoff team in 2006 and Lloyd seems blase about his arrival in town.

It's a really bad sign when a player talks to the press about his outside interests (ie Westbrook, McCants, now Lloyd) than what they want to accomplish on the football field.

Michael Westbrook had a load of talent. He could have been a great as Jerry Rice and Art Monk. It was his attitude that held him back. I remember an interview he gave to the media after the last game during the 2001 season and he openly gripped about how he wasn't used.

Brandon Lloyd hasn't openly said anything to the media about his disgust at having limited playing time, but throwing his helmet on the sidelines shows lack of character and poor sportsmanship.

Like Westbrook, Lloyd has a bad attitude and is probably more concerned with individual stats and accomplishments than the team being successful.

actually, I think the reason he hasn't said anything since last year is that he knows his time here is short and he will be cut in the 2008 offseason......so he is going to go ahead and cash those large paychecks and just go on doin' what he is doin' :mad:

the redskins don't have much leverage with him because of his contract.

another example of a player with a year left on his original deal who should have been forced to SHOW US he was worth the money before being signed to an extension.

Portis' case was different because he had already proven himself in Denver with two 1,500 yard seasons.

Westbrook as noted had one very productive season. But at 6'3 and 220 he was at least a good decoy to put out there and have go down the field.

Brandon Lloyd doesn't scare anyone. He is supposedly a speedy guy but never seems to get separation. He is supposedly a great athlete who can't jump for the ball in the end zone.

Norv Turner IS a certified genius. As the offense coordinator in SF he actually coaxed a 43 catch, 750 yard season out of Lloyd :laugh:

That must have been why the raiders stunk so much he was also the OC at San Fran the same time :doh:

Archived