Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Less Cushion = Better Rogers

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

So Rogers last night spent a good deal of the game pressed up on his man, we got in mcnabbs face forcing bad throws, and we pretty much shut down their passing game aside from the underneath stuff, which we seem content with allowing.

Ive always been a huge defender of Rogers, and i hope you guys saw what i saw last night. when he doesnt give that ridiculous cushion, hes a very good physical cornerback. he didnt get beat deep, they even purposely went at him to draw a flag at points, and mcnabb really only threw the deep ball maybe 2 or 3 times. he even admitted after the game that he couldnt throw into the coverage we had, and that makes me feel awesome.

but in short, i know people love s***ing on Rogers, but i hope you guys saw what i saw last night. i saw a legit corner on a very good defense.

I was a big critic of Carlos with the 8 yard cushion and dropped balls but Carlos played a helleva game last night PERIOD!!!

He finally I think is getting it, he stopped dancing and started making plays. He played well last week too, but last night he was a BEAST.

Best game of Career for me!

anybody notice how much better rogers looked when we were getting in mcnabbs face? thoughts?

tea but thats a given.

Pressure on the QB= Forced throws and smaller thrwoing lanes.

Plus Los didnt let anyone get of the line most of the night. He can play well its just that the gameplan needs o benefit what he is good at more than something that he doesnt do to well(playing off).

So Rogers last night spent a good deal of the game pressed up on his man, we got in mcnabbs face forcing bad throws, and we pretty much shut down their passing game aside from the underneath stuff, which we seem content with allowing.

Ive always been a huge defender of Rogers, and i hope you guys saw what i saw last night. when he doesnt give that ridiculous cushion, hes a very good physical cornerback. he didnt get beat deep, they even purposely went at him to draw a flag at points, and mcnabb really only threw the deep ball maybe 2 or 3 times. he even admitted after the game that he couldnt throw into the coverage we had, and that makes me feel awesome.

but in short, i know people love s***ing on Rogers, but i hope you guys saw what i saw last night. i saw a legit corner on a very good defense.

Not to piss on your parade or anything like that, but he wasn't exactly covering Randy Moss.

We need to be careful who we allow #22 to press. Because from the looks of things, Kevin Curtis had a step on him running down the field. What will it be like against TO or Moss?

We need to be careful who we allow #22 to press. Because from the looks of things, Kevin Curtis had a step on him running down the field. What will it be like against TO or Moss?

No doubt that with TO or Moss that he'd have a safety on top, but that might be true even if Springs was covering him. You generally don't leave receivers like that single covered, especially with all the advantages the offensive player gets in the NFL.

Jason

No doubt that with TO or Moss that he'd have a safety on top, but that might be true even if Springs was covering him. You generally don't leave receivers like that single covered, especially with all the advantages the offensive player gets in the NFL.

Jason

I obviously was using TO/Moss more for hyperbole than anything.

How about I just say... "any receiver better than Kevin Curtis" and "any QB more accurate with the deep ball than DM"

Which right now, is about 90% of the starters in the NFL.

I obviously was using TO/Moss more for hyperbole than anything.

How about I just say... "any receiver better than Kevin Curtis" and "any QB more accurate with the deep ball than DM"

Which right now, is about 90% of the starters in the NFL.

Actually, it would have had to have been a perfect pass for him to catch it, since Rogers was in his hip pocket. It was pretty decent coverage.

Jason

Archived