Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL coming to Wembley!!

CrazyLikeAFox87

Over here in England we're all looking forward to seeing a regular season game for the first time even if it is Giants v Dolphins. I've got my tickets and I wondered if anyone will be over here for it. Are any Giants or Dolphins fans that come on this site flying over? Or do you have links to their equivalent to ES that I could have to offer some English hospitality?

I play for a team over here called the Colchester Gladiators (www.colchestergladiators.com if anyone is interested!) and we have organised the only tailgate party for the game as Wembley stadium don't allow tailgates in their car park. It's called "The Great British Tailgate Party" and is at the Green Man Hotel, walking distance from the stadium (more info available from our website), so if anyone is coming, let me know as it would be great to have a beer with you before and after the game.

As an extra incentive to go, we have managed to "book" the famous Kukri Allstarzz international dance team to help host and perform at the party!

Over here in England we're all looking forward to seeing a regular season game for the first time even if it is Giants v Dolphins. I've got my tickets and I wondered if anyone will be over here for it. Are any Giants or Dolphins fans that come on this site flying over? Or do you have links to their equivalent to ES that I could have to offer some English hospitality?

I play for a team over here called the Colchester Gladiators (www.colchestergladiators.com if anyone is interested!) and we have organised the only tailgate party for the game as Wembley stadium don't allow tailgates in their car park. It's called "The Great British Tailgate Party" and is at the Green Man Hotel, walking distance from the stadium (more info available from our website), so if anyone is coming, let me know as it would be great to have a beer with you before and after the game.

As an extra incentive to go, we have managed to "book" the famous Kukri Allstarzz international dance team to help host and perform at the party!

Will not be able to come to England for the game but would sure love to be there. I lived in Wembley from 1953 to 1961. My Pub was the Green Man. Is this the same location as the Green Man Hotel? The Pub was about two blocks from Wembley Stadium.

Will not be able to come to England for the game but would sure love to be there. I lived in Wembley from 1953 to 1961. My Pub was the Green Man. Is this the same location as the Green Man Hotel? The Pub was about two blocks from Wembley Stadium.

It must be! It's a pub/hotel a short walk to the new Wembley stadium. Was it your local?

I'll be there shouting on the Dolphins - loking forward to seeing them hopefully pick up a win against the Giants.

Re the tube - someone throws themselves under the tube on a depressingly regular basis. Sad that anybody wants to end their own life but if they HAVE to I just wish they could find a method which does not cause the London transport system to stagger to a halt - its fragile enough without any outside help.

More blatant Giants homerism by the NFL. Two years ago Katrina hits and the NFL says "lets give the Giants another home game." Now they have this game in Wembley and the NFL says, "it would be unfair for the Giants to lose a home game this season, lets make the Dolphins the home team." I cannot believe the corruption and Giants homerism that goes on in the NFL. I'm beginning to think this entire league is rigged.

More blatant Giants homerism by the NFL. Two years ago Katrina hits and the NFL says "lets give the Giants another home game." Now they have this game in Wembley and the NFL says, "it would be unfair for the Giants to lose a home game this season, lets make the Dolphins the home team." I cannot believe the corruption and Giants homerism that goes on in the NFL. I'm beginning to think this entire league is rigged.

Well on the brighter side with the injuries, coaching and defense they have this year they should not be much of a threat. If we are going to have a strong season and compete for the Division and a playoff run we need to be more worried about the Eagles and Cowboys.

If Eli really has busted his shoulder and the Giants are just sandbagging they can start thinking about the draft by the time they get to London .....

I'll be there. There's about ten of us going (three Redskins fans). There are NO Gnats fans and we'll all be cheering the Phins for the day. I'll be wearing my authentic Art Monk jersey. Will certainly accept the invite to the Green Man Tailgate party. Do we need to get tickets or anything?

This is, however, just a starter for me as I'll be in Tampa watching the skins play the Bucs this November and can't wait for that.

I think it's great that the Brits have their own football leagues, and I never understood why NFL Europe abandoned Bloody Olde England in the first place, especially when there was the 'Braveheart' rivalry of London vs. Scotland. NFL Europe basically became the Fourth Reich will all those German teams.

I always wanted to see a game between the NE Patriots and the London Monarchs. :silly: The halftime show could have been a reenactment of the Boston Tea Party!

I wouldn't go as far as saying the whole league is rigged, but yeah there is certainly something wrong with the kind of favoritism the NFL is showing the Giants.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the whole league is rigged, but yeah there is certainly something wrong with the kind of favoritism the NFL is showing the Giants.

It's all about the $$$$. The NFL wants teams like NYC to be successful because it's a big media market...the last thing the NFL suits want is a Jacksonville-Seattle Super Bowl. :mad:

Jolly good show governor!!! Shine your shoes I will I will.......

Why don't you go to a giants or Dolphins site and ask them?

You're right, I intend to but I thought we had a few giants and dolfans invading our site occasionally and that they would post links to a decent fan's site.

To those that will be there (mainly by fellow Brits!), make sure you try the party. It begins at 12noon and will go on until gone 11pm. We have a bucking bronco ride booked that should get funnier and funnier the longer the evening goes on! No charge to get in, raffle tickets are available for some fantastic prizes (including two tickets to the game), and a donations box will be on hand as the club is shelling out £££s for what should be a cracking day!

Damn, you come on to a Skins site and the 'team up the road' show up ....:D

Anyways it looks like the double header battle for Essex is back on next year !

Regarding the game I will be wearing a marine mammals jersey as part of an agreement, I have to wear a dolphins jersey to the Wembley game and my friend has to wear a Redskins jersey when a few of us are in DC for the Bears game in December (he hates the Skins.......)

I hate to see Goodell doing all of this, but glad that you'll get to see a real game.

I think it sucks too. NFLE didn't work over there and you are taking a home game away from fans. I have no problem with a pre-season game over there, but not a reg season game. Hopefully this is the only season for it.

It must be! It's a pub/hotel a short walk to the new Wembley stadium. Was it your local?

Yes. I lived in Wembley and the Green Man was my local pub. Where and when did they build the new stadium? Is there still a cherry tree restaurant in the town of Wembley? I loved living in England however, at 73 most of the people I knew have passed away. Who do you want to win the game?

Yes. I lived in Wembley and the Green Man was my local pub. Where and when did they build the new stadium? Is there still a cherry tree restaurant in the town of Wembley? I loved living in England however, at 73 most of the people I knew have passed away. Who do you want to win the game?

They demolished the old one and built a new one on the same site.

Gotta root for the fins - can't have the giants adding to their w's!

Archived