Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL coming to Wembley!!

CrazyLikeAFox87

I'll be there! although I've got to wear a suit (corporate BS) -but I'll have my redskin cap on, nothing in their 'dress code' about caps!!!

More to the point I'm staying in London overnight and need to find somewhere shoing the skins game afterwards..... help a brother out with some suggestions?!?

I'll be there! although I've got to wear a suit (corporate BS) -but I'll have my redskin cap on, nothing in their 'dress code' about caps!!!

More to the point I'm staying in London overnight and need to find somewhere shoing the skins game afterwards..... help a brother out with some suggestions?!?

I believe it's the "red button" game so not sure if we can help. I'm hoping my brother will record it so I can watch it on Monday.

I believe it's the "red button" game so not sure if we can help. I'm hoping my brother will record it so I can watch it on Monday.

Try this link and see what sports bars are around:

http://www.sportspubs.co.uk/search.php

There is the Sports Cafe near the Embankment but i would imagine on a Sunday with regular NFL watchers plus a full game on in London it will be jammed (has a late licence to 3 am):

http://www.thesportscafe.net/eventdetail.cfm?theEventID=11&theVenueID=4

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=the+sports+cafe&near=London&fb=1&cid=0,0,5231625621960761674&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

I would kill to have a Redskins-Cowboy game in the UK but unfortunately I reckon most 'skins fans would kill me if it happened!!!

Try this link and see what sports bars are around:

http://www.sportspubs.co.uk/search.php

There is the Sports Cafe near the Embankment but i would imagine on a Sunday with regular NFL watchers plus a full game on in London it will be jammed (has a late licence to 3 am):

http://www.thesportscafe.net/eventdetail.cfm?theEventID=11&theVenueID=4

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=the+sports+cafe&near=London&fb=1&cid=0,0,5231625621960761674&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

I would kill to have a Redskins-Cowboy game in the UK but unfortunately I reckon most 'skins fans would kill me if it happened!!!

Yes you're right, it is the red button game - have to spoil the wife's evening and get her to record it!!! should go down a treat.....

oh well off to the Green Man Hotel then I think!!!

I didn't think you could record the red button game - or is that just using the Sky HD box record function??

I'm going to be at Wembley and am staying overnight in London. depending how the game is going I may leave sometime late 3rd quarter so I can get back to my hotel in time to watch us play the Pats and Gamepass.

Yes you're right, it is the red button game - have to spoil the wife's evening and get her to record it!!! should go down a treat.....

oh well off to the Green Man Hotel then I think!!!

I didn't think you could record the red button game - or is that just using the Sky HD box record function??

I'm going to be at Wembley and am staying overnight in London. depending how the game is going I may leave sometime late 3rd quarter so I can get back to my hotel in time to watch us play the Pats and Gamepass.

Europeans ???? How dare you sir

We are British not European

And its not they want, its we want........

Ok....let me rephrase it.

The first time I have to give up a home game so the NFL can try to sell football to people who think soccer is football, I'm gonna be PISSED! :redpunch: :tantrum: :cuss:

Is that better?

Seriously, I hate this idea. I understand trying to globalize the sport, but I don't understand taking a home game away from the loyal fans who have supported the sport and allowed it to grow to the monster it is today. This isn't baseball or basketball where they play 500 games a year. We only get 8 home games. Taking one of those games away from the fans seems like a greedy and callous move.

Europeans ???? How dare you sir

We are British not European

And its not they want, its we want........

The first time I have to give up a home game so the NFL can try to sell football to people who think soccer is football, I'm gonna be PISSED! :redpunch: :tantrum: :cuss:

Is that better?

Seriously, I hate this idea. I understand trying to globalize the sport, but I don't understand taking a home game away from the loyal fans who have supported the sport and allowed it to grow to the monster it is today. This isn't baseball or basketball where they play 500 games a year. We only get 8 home games. Taking one of those games away from the fans seems like a greedy and callous move.

Is that better?

I can totally understand that point of view and in your shoes I'd feel the same. To be honest while I would obviously love to see the Skins over here in the UK playing a regular season game it would not be quite the same as making the trip to see them at Fed Ex.

Whatever I'm looking forward to the experience Sunday and I'm hoping both the Dolphins and the Skins can pull off upsets!!

Is that better?

I can totally understand that point of view and in your shoes I'd feel the same. To be honest while I would obviously love to see the Skins over here in the UK playing a regular season game it would not be quite the same as making the trip to see them at Fed Ex.

Whatever I'm looking forward to the experience Sunday and I'm hoping both the Dolphins and the Skins can pull off upsets!!

You can record the red button game if you have a dvd recorder - as long as the game is actually on the TV at the time (hence why the wife is going to be annoyed!!!)

You can record the red button game if you have a dvd recorder - as long as the game is actually on the TV at the time (hence why the wife is going to be annoyed!!!)

I imagine it would be like if I got to see ManU-Liverpool, but here in the states somewhere. It wouldn't really be the same as getting to go to Anfield.

I imagine it would be like if I got to see ManU-Liverpool, but here in the states somewhere. It wouldn't really be the same as getting to go to Anfield.

Archived