Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per 980: Shawn Springs expects to start

Drunken Master III

This is excellent news. They mentioned this on Washington Post Live last night...a commentator that had worked in Seattle that said that hammy problems have always been an issue with Springs...maybe it was good they started him off slowly.

Wow, breaking news. The Head Coach saw Springs with a taped hammy and was told he was not himself in practice, so he made a coaching decision and started him off slowly. And he gets crap for that? Wasn't this the same coach who started Lavar earlier than what people on here wanted, and he got crap for that too. Well, Coach Gibbs, I am so glad you do not let things bother you because there is definitely no way you will be able to please most of these people. I bet right now, if we win the Superbowl, there will be a post on this forum saying something like "We didn't score enough points" or some crap! :doh:

Maybe he needed an attitude adjustment. Gibbs would never address that in public. Shawn plays all , "I don't know what's happening", when he really knows exactly what is happening. He straightens out his 'tude and is now on the same page as Gibbs. Just a theory.

i'm glad this situation seems resolved. we'll see what happens monday though.

attitude adjustment? how you adjust the attitude of a guy who was content being a backup? i thought the one of the reasons gibbs brought in saunders was so that gibbs could focus on managing people. dropped the ball on that one :laugh:

situation resolved! :thumbsup:

Springs ain't no spring chicken. He probably came back a little fast last September.

Having confidence in #27 was key last week. Suppose Springs was dinged up a bit, and Trent Green were able pick up on it.

Smoot did bend a bit last week, but I wouldn't consider the PI penalty breaking. Green probably felt he had an advantage on most passing downs, when Smoot was matched up against Chambers. Springs hasn't been lined up as far off the LOS in the past. If he were a step slow, or hesitant, Chambers and Green may have picked up on this. It's conceivable Chambers catches a deep one or two when lined up man, on a hindered Springs. Smoot wasn't going to be beat deep regardless of giving some medium range receptions.

I get the feeling we may see more rotation on a week to week basis, based on indivdual corner to WR matchups, and varying offensive schemes.:2cents:

Archived