Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take That Chris Mortensen: Eli Cleared to Play

Inquisitor

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/

A second opinion on Eli Manning's injured right shoulder was the same as the first opinion: It's a sprained A-C joint and if he can tolerate the pain, he can play.

The Giants sent Manning's MRI to Dr. James Andrews -- a noted orthopedic surgeon who operates out of Birmingham, Alabama -- and he informed them today that he agreed with their initial diagnosis. He saw no structural damage in Manning’s shoulder, and saw no reason to think he could damage it by playing this week.

So now it’s up to Manning. If the pain in his shoulder decreases, or if he can tolerate it, he can play against the Green Bay Packers in the Giants’ home opener. If not, he’ll sit out and Jared Lorenzen will get the call.

The Giants are also convinced that even if Manning can’t play this week, that he will definitely be ready to go in two weeks when they play the Redskins in Washington on Sept. 23.

-----------------------------------------------

Eli is a warrior, I'm sure he'll fight through the pain and play this week. But if it's too much, we now know for certain he'll be ready to go in 2 weeks. This one is dedicated to Chris and all the idiots on ESPN. So much for your "sources."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/

A second opinion on Eli Manning's injured right shoulder was the same as the first opinion: It's a sprained A-C joint and if he can tolerate the pain, he can play.

The Giants sent Manning's MRI to Dr. James Andrews -- a noted orthopedic surgeon who operates out of Birmingham, Alabama -- and he informed them today that he agreed with their initial diagnosis. He saw no structural damage in Manning’s shoulder, and saw no reason to think he could damage it by playing this week.

So now it’s up to Manning. If the pain in his shoulder decreases, or if he can tolerate it, he can play against the Green Bay Packers in the Giants’ home opener. If not, he’ll sit out and Jared Lorenzen will get the call.

The Giants are also convinced that even if Manning can’t play this week, that he will definitely be ready to go in two weeks when they play the Redskins in Washington on Sept. 23.

-----------------------------------------------

Eli is a warrior, I'm sure he'll fight through the pain and play this week. But if it's too much, we now know for certain he'll be ready to go in 2 weeks. This one is dedicated to Chris and all the idiots on ESPN. So much for your "sources."

I am glad he is ok, just so he can get knocked the #$#$ out by area 51 :laugh: not wishing injuries or anything I just want that retarded looking QB of yours to get punished in two weeks.

P.S. dont be too happy, shoulder injuries and bruises need to heal completely, if you keep getting hit it will only get worse.

That's cool. I tell ya, Eli looked pretty good before he went down. He made some good throws and looked pretty decisive out there. He may still make something out of himself yet.

I just hope he doesn't try to come back and do more permanent damage.

Yea but he was abusing Roy "I can't cover" Williams and his clone Hamlin. Taylor won't let that go down against us. Not to mention the boys didn't have Newman out there.

Yea but he was abusing Roy "I can't cover" Williams and his clone Hamlin. Taylor won't let that go down against us. Not to mention the boys didn't have Newman out there.

Still, his decision making looked pretty sharp and his passes were on point. Imma give him his propers for that game.

Stats aside though, honestly I think he's improving.

That's fine.....send Eli to Washington. We'll be ready for him.

He won't be playing the Dallas D and he won't have Tiki to fall back on.

I'd rather have us beat Eli anyway.....

I feel you man. That little baby won't know how to act when he sees into Area 51. He'll be scared senseless.

I'd rather beat the Gints with Eli at QB than J-Load. Have sprained my AC joint before - I know how much it will hurt. You can do all sorts of normal things, but damn that throwing motion - I was a 1B in baseball and could hardly even throw the ball back to the pitcher (but I could underhanded - so I played anyway). Smart play would be to let it heal, but I'm sure some pain med and he will be on his way (North Dallas 40 anyone).

Hey no disrespect to you all, and thanks to the OP for reporting the error from Mort. But our focus is misdirected on Eli right now. Plenty could happen over the next two weeks before we even get to the Giants.

Our focus should be the Eagles and how much we need to crush them like the green grapes they are.

:eaglesuck

I just read the words "Eli is a warrior," written in a serious tone. It's remarkable sometimes how far removed words can become from their meaning.

Yup he's a warrior all right, a warrior who hasn't missed a single start since he first replaced Kurt Warner as a rookie. A guy who has consistently taken big hits through-out his career only to pop right back up again. A guy who has played through injury, and pain before. He's definitely a silent warrior no question about that. But warrior non-the-less. How many games has McNabb missed in the last 5 years again?

Archived