Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field...shut up on 4th

asnpcwiz

If you were at the game yesterday then you know how loud the place was when the Redskins decided to go for it on 4th and 2. Was anyone upset about this or is it just me? I don't understand how fans can get that mixed up. Here is a bit of advice to all you guys, when your offense is at work...you shut up until a big play happens. When your offense is going to do something risky, you shut up until it happens. YOU DO NOT GET LOUD. I was trying to get everyone in my section to shut up but people just kept cheering the Redskins going for it on 4th and 2. I appreciate them taking chances too, but we all saw what happens when you get loud...you cause false starts. I also appreciate people cheering on their team, but that was just the most inappropriate time. Here's a little reference chart for you:

Redskins on Defense:

1st Down - Scream your head off

2nd Down - Scream your head off

3rd and short - Scream your head off and make your section stand up

3rd and long - Scream your head off, wave your hands in the air, get your section to stand up and start beating on anything you see near you

4th Down - (repeat procedures for 3rd and long but in a much more obnoxious manner)

Redskins on Offense:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down - STFU...until the play is over, or a big play happens...at which time celebrating in the most obnoxious way possible is always appreciated.

These threads suck. You knobs have to realize that not every fan is going to live up to your expectations. The stands were loud because fans were excited we were going for it. All in all the atmosphere was great, especially considering the weather. Yes the stadium had a few glitches but nothing worth seriously ****ing about. I think its time people like you learn to enjoy the game rather then worry about what other fans are doing.

These threads suck. You knobs have to realize that not every fan is going to live up to your expectations. The stands were loud because fans were excited we were going for it. All in all the atmosphere was great, especially considering the weather. Yes the stadium had a few glitches but nothing worth seriously ****ing about. I think its time people like you learn to enjoy the game rather then worry about what other fans are doing.

You are the type of idiot I'm talking about.

"Yes the stadium had a few glitches but nothing worth seriously ****ing about"

Are you kidding me? When the team is going for 4th and 2 and the HOME CROWD is so loud it causes a false start that is a BAD THING. In addition, because of that we got pushed back to 4th and 7. That resulted in a 44 yard field goal attempt and ending our drive. We could have kept the play alive and attempted to go for a TD instead. Do you know football at all?

"I think its time people like you learn to enjoy the game rather than worry about what other fans are doing."

Do you not understand the importance of homefield advantage and what we as fans can do if we all are on the same page? Go to Arrowhead stadium, learn what it's like when all the fans do the same thing and know what they are doing for the team.

On that 4th and 2 a large group of phins where shouting and beating on the Chain link fence in the obstructed area. Down in the lower bowl I saw the fans flapping arms for silence...but it was the dolphins fans getting loud that I saw in that instance.

Dolphin fans that shouldn't even be there. Our "loyal" fan group will sell there tickets to anybody.

It was a joke, however I did see a ton of phins fans making noise.

But yeah people were cheering...they just dont understand the importance of the 12th man. I rant about this all the time on here after losses. Yesterday was above average, but still not good for 90,000 NFL fans. Some key defensive 3rd downs in the 3rd and 4th qtrs were just way too quiet.

Are you kidding me? When the team is going for 4th and 2 and the HOME CROWD is so loud it causes a false start that is a BAD THING. In addition, because of that we got pushed back to 4th and 7. That resulted in a 44 yard field goal attempt and ending our drive. We could have kept the play alive and attempted to go for a TD instead. Do you know football at all?

"I think its time people like you learn to enjoy the game rather than worry about what other fans are doing."

Do you not understand the importance of homefield advantage and what we as fans can do if we all are on the same page? Go to Arrowhead stadium, learn what it's like when all the fans do the same thing and know what they are doing for the team.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::cheers::cheers::cheers:

For what it's worth: Gibbs did say that the only point in lining up was to draw them offsides. They would've called the timeout if it didn't happen.

No matter what, there was going to be a field goal attempt.

You're still right, though. Sit the eff down when we're on offense.

For what its worth, the crowd did not cause the false start. It was a motion call to get them to jump, which worked to perfection. I agree the crowd was a little too loud when the skins had the ball, but I'm not going to sit here and moan and groan about it like a kid. There professionals, theyve played in louder venues.

I thought the fans did a good job. At the end of the 1st half my whole section was up and cheering.

About that 4th down, we had no intentions of going for it. We were trying to get them to jump with a hard count, oldest trick in the book. Unfortunately, especially with a new o-line, sometimes the strategy backfires. No the crowd noise doesn't help but I agree with chip here. There is a little too much whining about the fans at FedEx.

Lastly monkforhall, it's not just the fans who are selling these tickets. Many brokers have season ticket accounts with our ticket office.

Let's just be glad that we got the win and enjoy it this week. We got a bigger game coming up next week so hopefully we can go in with some confidence thanks to yesteraday.

HTTR!

Who cares. These threads aren't going to change how people act. There are all sorts of fans at the game, serious fans, casual fans, opponents fans, people who just want to get drunk and could give a rats ass about the game. You are just going to have to deal with people you perceive as idiots.

Who cares. These threads aren't going to change how people act. There are all sorts of fans at the game, serious fans, casual fans, opponents fans, people who just want to get drunk and could give a rats ass about the game. You are just going to have to deal with people you perceive as idiots.

There has got to be a way to make it better. If Arrowhead can be the most feared stadium in the NFL because it creates such big home team advantage, there has got to be a way for us to do it too. Besides, in this post, I'm not even talking about that. I'm just talking about learning proper behavior when your team has the ball.

Yes I was surprised at the noise level when we had 4th down... shut thehell up

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There are definetly times when we need to shut the hell up. But I have to say, that FedEx should be rockin like that EVERY home game. Yeah, we have to know when to shut up, but teams should know everytime they come to our house, that their ears are gonna be ringing. Great job fans that went to game, that place was crunk!!!!!!!!!

Yes I was surprised at the noise level when we had 4th down... shut thehell up

I think most of the fans had the adrenaline pumping upon watching the QB get back in on 4th. They got a little carried away. And the dolphins fans didn't help either.

How often do we see a 4th down situation with so much on the line.

I think the main thing is that, in the heat of the game, everyone doesn't always remember (or might not know at all) when to be quiet and when to get loud. When you get excited, the natural reaction is to make noise and I think sometimes people just get carried away at the wrong times...we all know football (both on the field and off) is an emotional sport.

When you realize people are getting carried away, the best way to react is to do exactly what you did yesterday...encourage your section to settle down. Stand on a chair if you have to...that's what we did and it seemed to work and got other people helping calm the section down, too. Sometimes people just need a little reminder. When it happens, your energy is better spent doing your part to correct the problem than getting upset about it...it took me awhile to get to that point myself!

I was trying to get everyone in my section to shut up but people just kept cheering the Redskins going for it on 4th and 2.

Yeah, I said it in my first post, I tried to get everyone to shut up, but people are too ignorant. I think some people just need the big jumbotron to tell them exactly what to do like the "Shhh...Offense at work" sign.

Well, there was no false start on the Redskins part. It was a phantom call by the referees. Even if you think the call could even be defended as the right call, it still had nothing to do with crowd noise. The team executed like they did before and the referees had said was legit.

Yeah, I said it in my first post, I tried to get everyone to shut up, but people are too ignorant. I think some people just need the big jumbotron to tell them exactly what to do like the "Shhh...Offense at work" sign.

Unfortunately, I think people ignore the jumbotron...I know I do, unless I need it to see the replay or something. Just keep fighting the good fight...some people may not catch on right away, but if you reach just one, it may improve our chances for getting to the whole stadium the next time it happens!

Man, that sounded like a really corny "feel-good" commercial. :laugh:

Archived