Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field...shut up on 4th

asnpcwiz

Thanks for clearing that up for me because on 1st and 2nd down when Redskins are on Defense I normally screaming my head off, now I know I should sream my head off INSTEAD.

:thumbsup:

"What chou talkin about Willis?"

Hahhahaa, thanks for the heads up, I fixed it. Sorry, it was the FOB in me. :laugh: :laugh:

If you were at the game yesterday then you know how loud the place was when the Redskins decided to go for it on 4th and 2. Was anyone upset about this or is it just me? I don't understand how fans can get that mixed up. Here is a bit of advice to all you guys, when your offense is at work...you shut up until a big play happens. When your offense is going to do something risky, you shut up until it happens. YOU DO NOT GET LOUD. I was trying to get everyone in my section to shut up but people just kept cheering the Redskins going for it on 4th and 2. I appreciate them taking chances too, but we all saw what happens when you get loud...you cause false starts. I also appreciate people cheering on their team, but that was just the most inappropriate time. Here's a little reference chart for you:

Redskins on Defense:

1st Down - Scream your head off

2nd Down - Scream your head off

3rd and short - Scream your head off and make your section stand up

3rd and long - Scream your head off, wave your hands in the air, get your section to stand up and start beating on anything you see near you

4th Down - (repeat procedures for 3rd and long but in a much more obnoxious manner)

Redskins on Offense:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down - STFU...until the play is over, or a big play happens...at which time celebrating in the most obnoxious way possible is always appreciated.

How is it that people don't read the big jumbotron sign that says QUIET! OFFENSE AT WORK!? It amazes me how many people don't pay attention.

If you were at the game yesterday then you know how loud the place was when the Redskins decided to go for it on 4th and 2. Was anyone upset about this or is it just me? I don't understand how fans can get that mixed up. Here is a bit of advice to all you guys, when your offense is at work...you shut up until a big play happens. When your offense is going to do something risky, you shut up until it happens. YOU DO NOT GET LOUD. I was trying to get everyone in my section to shut up but people just kept cheering the Redskins going for it on 4th and 2. I appreciate them taking chances too, but we all saw what happens when you get loud...you cause false starts. I also appreciate people cheering on their team, but that was just the most inappropriate time. Here's a little reference chart for you:

Redskins on Defense:

3rd and long - Scream your head off, wave your hands in the air, get your section to stand up and start beating on anything you see near you

4th Down - (repeat procedures for 3rd and long but in a much more obnoxious manner)

Redskins on Offense:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down - STFU...until the play is over, or a big play happens...at which time celebrating in the most obnoxious way possible is always appreciated.

True dat! I was just as upset as you. And don't even get me started on the idiot in the section next to me who wanted to start the wave when the offense was driving in the fourth quarter. A guy behind me commented, "We must have the dumbest fans in the NFL."

These threads suck. You knobs have to realize that not every fan is going to live up to your expectations. The stands were loud because fans were excited we were going for it. All in all the atmosphere was great, especially considering the weather. Yes the stadium had a few glitches but nothing worth seriously ****ing about. I think its time people like you learn to enjoy the game rather then worry about what other fans are doing.

any true fan knew they weren't even going for it... so only the idiots got excited. They were trying to draw the Dolphins offsides. So if you thought that in field goal position, with a tied score, that we were going for it. You must not be either knowledgeable or a true fan.

True dat! I was just as upset as you. And don't even get me started on the idiot in the section next to me who wanted to start the wave when the offense was driving in the fourth quarter. A guy behind me commented, "We must have the dumbest fans in the NFL."

I saw that pathetic attempt at the wave. People are idiots. Please, when the offense is at work, either sit or stand there with your mouth shut. I don't know why you would do anything that could potentially distract your offense. They obviously weren't firing on all pistons that day, so it's important that we don't make it worst.

I had to tell some moron a few rows in front of me to shut up while we were on offense too, he stood up late in the game trying to get people to "make noise" he was drunk i believe, so i yelled "hey ****** we are supposed to be QUIET while we are on offense, stfu already" he sat down right away.

:rolleyes:

Redskins on Defense:

Redskins on Offense:

:applause: :notworthy

I've been to too many football games (college, NFL, etc) where people DO NOT know how to be useful. I think there needs to be a "Dummies Guide to watching Live football" handed out at everygame!

Yah man and I saw a specific shot on TV during a HUGE 3rd down and I'm like WTF GET UP!!! Half of our fans just sit there. They think it's baseball. And anybody who tries to start the wave is just an idiot. It's just ridiculous how you can come to a football game and sit there and have little conversations the whole game. But fans yelling when we are on offense is more annoying because they basically waste a seat that could've gone to a knowledgeable fan.

Yah man and I saw a specific shot on TV during a HUGE 3rd down and I'm like WTF GET UP!!! Half of our fans just sit there. They think it's baseball. And anybody who tries to start the wave is just an idiot. It's just ridiculous how you can come to a football game and sit there and have little conversations the whole game. But fans yelling when we are on offense is more annoying because they basically waste a seat that could've gone to a knowledgeable fan.

All the people in my row were standing until the jerks behind us started tugging on our jerseys telling us to sit down and shut up. Im like screw you, its 3rd down im gonna be loud, the rest of my row sat down but i stayed up, i didnt consider my job as a fan to be complete until i had no voice at all to participate in post game banter.

We need to win.

This is what happens to loosing teams. 91,000 seats. There are probably 60,000 TRUE redskins fans that are thick and thin Skins fans and are always there.

The other 31,000 ticekts belongs to brookers or fair weather fans. Once the skins start winning, only other die hards will come to the games or be willing to pay the $$ of the seats.

Until then - People who hardly ever watch football will continue to go.

Archived