Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Whose Replacements We Need to Start Looking For

method man

NO! THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS AND INSULTING TO ALL OF US POSTERS!!! IT IS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL OUTRAGE!!!

Total Outrage? really? Tell us how you really feell..

Back to the subject at hand. I do think we need to draft one or Two Olineman to draft, but that depends on two factors, one Jansen. Can he return or is he done :/ I hope not the later. Second, Heyer, Is heyer the real deal? If so that makes it a lot easier to try and pick the best available OT or OG I think to groom to replace samuels, or Kendall down the line.

Lloyd, I don't like LLoyd, but I also feel he hasn't gotten enough looks, that isn't all his fault, but he also isn't doing what he can with every little throw that comes his way. He needs to step up or find other work.

Daniels. I'm hoping Daniels has at least one more season in him after this year. I'd like us to draft either a Big two Gap Stud DT, or a Solid Defensive end to complement Andre Carter. I didn't really feel that any one other than Allan branch filled either of those roles this past year, so here is hoping for better

Brunnel - Brunnel's situation depends entirely upon his desire, health, and that of Scott. I do think we need to groom our current Talent that's young at QB, or draft someone in like the third or 4th round soon, so as to have a good backup in case the worse does happen.

Sellars - I think Sellars has a couple more good years, but I would love if we could find a way to snag a guy like Owen Scmidt from WVU. Great blocking skills, good solid runner who can catch, and play at HBack, Tight End, Fullback, or wherever else we decie to put him. having a guy like him along side Cooley, gives us more options with our Tight Ends, and would make us devastating across the middle, perhaps more so than if we got a big bad Posession receiver like everyone has been talking about as the reason to cut Brandon Lloyd. Thats my opinion thought. Sellars I think has a good bit left in the tank.

Marcus Washington, Injuries or not, I doubt we have more than two seasons left in Marcus. He is starting to show his age (speaking of age, anyone see Lemar Marshall playing for the bengals monday, that guy was all over Mc Nair)

Springs - I think there is nothing we can do to retain Springs, but you never know, I do think we need a top notch corner, but this might be something to try and get out of free agency...Not sure whats available next year. At worst draft a third or late rounder at that position.

Its really still soon to say anything else at this point :/

I said that Sellers was the player I was least certain about and I made my statement based on his age. Why don't you watch Marcus with your own two eyes you homer? This isn't the same Marcus from 2 years ago. I think the hip condition is actually degenerative and if you want a comparison of a former Pro Bowl LB who flamed out at Marcus's age, look up Warrick Holdman.

What are you talking about son?

First of all Marcus is only 29, that's not ancient in LB age. Second of all, he only missed two games last season and was playing behind an injured DL and in front of a sorry secondary, which dropped his sack total by 5 sacks (not even the lowest in his career), his # tackles were almost identical as 2005, and he was our best LB last season and one of the strong points on our defense.

How in the hell do you get the idea that his hip condition is degenerative? He played excellent in the preseason and even bounce back from a dislocated elbow that happened in the Steelers game to start last week. We've only seen one regular season game and you're saying h's flaming out already? Coach Gibbs even said that if any player can bounce back from injury the quickest it would be Marcus.

And don't you EVER compare him to Warrick Holdman again. :slap:

Offense:

Kendall - Probably only one season left in the tank after this year as a starter

Jansen - Possible he will be Kendall's replacement as his problems with speed rushers have become greater

Brunell - Time to use another draft pick on a no. 3 QB

Sellers (?) - Has shown no signs of slowing down but he is 32 and he has been playing pro football since he was 19 or 20 (CFL)

Lloyd - Doesn't want to be here and it seems that he is miserable here. I will give him the rest of the season but if his base salary is more than a mil next season, we should just let him go. It's time to get a big man at receiver so we can finally have that big possession receiver who will go over the middle and will block downfield well, which none of our smurfs seem to be able to do well. Possibilities out there are Malcolm Kelly, Bryant Johnson, and DJ Hackett.

Defense:

Marcus Washington - Was a stalwart until 2006...injuries are starting to catch up to him...was missing open-field tackles in Miami...even though we should give him the rest of the season, wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on a strong-side LB on Day 1

Phillip Daniels - Wasn't getting pressure on Green and hasn't been getting pressure since his fluke 2nd half of the season in 2005...old and it is time to finally use at least a second-round pick (bare minimum) or preferably a first on one...Lang was a decade ago, FO has to grow some balls

Shawn Springs - Him playing nickel today has to say something. Plus, he is refusing to take a paycut. The dude is definitely gone at the end of the year. Unfortunately, there are no good FAs at CB (possibly Samuel if Pats don't resign him) but I believe there is an excellent crop of CB's out there in the draft

Agree with offfensive line assessment but I believe Heyer is going to be here for a long time and takes the onus off of one of those positions.

We have a number 3 in ARE. #3 is only an emergency QB and for a given time ARE could cause defenses problems more than a real #3.

I'm a big fan of Sellers but you don't need to use anything higher than a sixth to get a big bodied athlete.

Lloyd is already replaced. I can go out there and be every bit as productive, maybe even more so because I am bigger and can block. If there is a stud WR in the first for us, I'd love to take him (Manningham will do), otherwise look in the later rounds and concentrate on the trenches.

I was hoping we found MW's replacement with Sartz but I guess not. We may need to get a young guy groomed next year.

Daniels is old and needs to be replaced. This years draft is supposed to be deep with regard to dline.

Springs is getting old but would be a great nickel because he is still capable of being a number one. We have Rogers who is improving and hopefully has a good year and Smoot is still young. Macklin is our #4 and has been a starter. I'd love a real shut down guy but our secondary is solid.

ummmmm I kinda think the coaching staff is constantly evaluating every single player vs whats available...so there is no need to start....they're always looking

Can't argue with any of those choices. Mainly I would say that we need young prospects at defensive end and across the entire offensive line. And if Smoot and Rogers don't step up their game, a corner. If Randel El continues to play the way he did, replacing Lloyd isn't so important, although I'd like to see him replaced with a true possession WR when he's gone.

Sellers (?) - Has shown no signs of slowing down but he is 32 and he has been playing pro football since he was 19 or 20 (CFL)

ive said it before and ill say it again, Owen Schmitt from WVU.There was a huge article in the WP yesterday. 6'3 260 lb, squats 600, power clean 500. He's a machine, and hes broken 8 helmets.

Archived