Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Whose Replacements We Need to Start Looking For

method man

Offense:

Kendall - Probably only one season left in the tank after this year as a starter

Jansen - Possible he will be Kendall's replacement as his problems with speed rushers have become greater

Brunell - Time to use another draft pick on a no. 3 QB

Sellers (?) - Has shown no signs of slowing down but he is 32 and he has been playing pro football since he was 19 or 20 (CFL)

Lloyd - Doesn't want to be here and it seems that he is miserable here. I will give him the rest of the season but if his base salary is more than a mil next season, we should just let him go. It's time to get a big man at receiver so we can finally have that big possession receiver who will go over the middle and will block downfield well, which none of our smurfs seem to be able to do well. Possibilities out there are Malcolm Kelly, Bryant Johnson, and DJ Hackett.

Defense:

Marcus Washington - Was a stalwart until 2006...injuries are starting to catch up to him...was missing open-field tackles in Miami...even though we should give him the rest of the season, wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on a strong-side LB on Day 1

Phillip Daniels - Wasn't getting pressure on Green and hasn't been getting pressure since his fluke 2nd half of the season in 2005...old and it is time to finally use at least a second-round pick (bare minimum) or preferably a first on one...Lang was a decade ago, FO has to grow some balls

Shawn Springs - Him playing nickel today has to say something. Plus, he is refusing to take a paycut. The dude is definitely gone at the end of the year. Unfortunately, there are no good FAs at CB (possibly Samuel if Pats don't resign him) but I believe there is an excellent crop of CB's out there in the draft

We'll definitely need to look at some QB's to groom I would imagine. Kendall can likely play for another season or two if he wants, but we do need some bodies on the offensive line certainly - although Stephon is an excellent find, which will surely help tremendously.

I'm not sure if Lefotu will make it or not. We need bodies on the defensive line too particularly Daniels as you stated. I see us pursuing a big time FA DE in the offseason.

Don't hold back man, I think he actually said that we should start looking for Sellers' and Marcus Washington's replacements.

That's thread closing material IMO.

I said that Sellers was the player I was least certain about and I made my statement based on his age. Why don't you watch Marcus with your own two eyes you homer? This isn't the same Marcus from 2 years ago. I think the hip condition is actually degenerative and if you want a comparison of a former Pro Bowl LB who flamed out at Marcus's age, look up Warrick Holdman.

Why do we let Rock Cartwright return kickoffs? Replace him with a kick returner. Or better yet allow Randle El to do it!

I believe Randle El has a clause in his contract in which the team can't use him in kick returns. I know for sure though that he hates kick returns and signed with us with a guarantee that he wouldn't have to do them. Rock is a decent KR. He is the plow ahead type, meaning he is steady but not a home-run threat.

Archived