Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell (1-0)

lilty1975

Fellas,

This is just one game, take it easy on the kid. I think he made more good plays than bad plays. The 1st INT was his fault, but I give the 2nd INT to Brandon Loydd. Jason did what he was supposed to do put the ball in the air with the one on one coverage and have his reciever go get it. Did anybody notice after the INT Loydd was jogging not even trying to make the tackle. He has no heart and I hope in the filming room they see that and sign another reciever. It look like a good pass Loydd was in pretty good positon but the corner wanted it more. Also some people have been saying look at his stats, that if it wasn't for the hail mary at half time he would have had bad numbers, but think about the drop passes they had. With a little more touch on his passes he will be putting up big number, just wait and see. With all that said we our 1-0. :cheers:

Fellas,

This is just one game, take it easy on the kid. I think he made more good plays than bad plays. The 1st INT was his fault, but I give the 2nd INT to Brandon Loydd. Jason did what he was supposed to do put the ball in the air with the one on one coverage and have his reciever go get it. Did anybody notice after the INT Loydd was jogging not even trying to make the tackle. He has no heart and I hope in the filming room they see that and sign another reciever. It look like a good pass Loydd was in pretty good positon but the corner wanted it more. Also some people have been saying look at his stats, that if it wasn't for the hail mary at half time he would have had bad numbers, but think about the drop passes they had. With a little more touch on his passes he will be putting up big number, just wait and see. With all that said we our 1-0. :cheers:

I'd like a paragraph break or two, but other than that you're pretty dead on.

Don't forget about Campbell running for a couple of first downs and avoiding a few sacks.

Both are on Campbell as he is QB but it happens to all QB he could had 3 int if deep ball had not been deflected. Still thats life sometimes a you throw the ball and receaver gets outplayed.

What he needs to improve on is his short game. As seems it eather off target or receaver not catching them. Still Cambell while not playing well had some great moments.

Fellas,

Saved me a post, spot on analysis.

With a couple more accurate balls and a couple of less drops next week and we roll for sure.

PS- I think you may have had a a couple drinks judging by the grammer

I totally agree. As I said in another thread, this was his worst game as a professional, and he still threw for 220 yards despite three dropped passes. The first pick was all on him, but honestly those types of things happen to young and old QBs alike. The second one was on Lloyd, and I did not appreciate the effort he gave on the play. I think we all agree that we'd rather have JC throw a pick trying to throw a bomb into single coverage than see Brunell dink and dunk it to a 3 and out. In any case, JC was probably on edge, and he doesn't see 3-4 defenses very much anyway so he'll probably use this as a learning experience. If this is the worst he has to offer, then he's going to be special.

Saved me a post, spot on analysis.

With a couple more accurate balls and a couple of less drops next week and we roll for sure.

PS- I think you may have had a a couple drinks judging by the grammer

I acutally haven't had anything to drink, I just have Fort Washington MD schooling(Friendly High). Next time I will get my wife to proofread my post :laugh:

Actually (and I hate to say this because I'm a huge Cooley fan), I thought Cooley could have done a lot more to catch that pass by putting his body between and ball and the defender. That's one thing Redskins receivers haven't done well in a long time and need to work on.

I thought 85 played poorly today and, since we know he can jump, was disappointed in his lack of effort on the 2nd touchdown.

Jason's a young qb who was starting his 8th game in the league. He is going to have his share of growing pains throughout the duration of the season and I hope the team and the fans remain patient as he learns to become a solid NFL qb.

He showed GREAT touch on a number of deep balls.

He showed pocket presence, and speed when running.

Better decision making, and touch on short balls will come.

As observed, better to have a QB that miffs a few short ones and can go long, than the opposite, which is what Brunell became as he aged.

He could have played much better, but his mistakes were correctable ones, and he showed talent where it matters most.

Both are on Campbell as he is QB but it happens to all QB he could had 3 int if deep ball had not been deflected. Still thats life sometimes a you throw the ball and receaver gets outplayed.

What he needs to improve on is his short game. As seems it eather off target or receaver not catching them. Still Cambell while not playing well had some great moments.

Dude, Campbell is not off on the short game. The kid is 6-5ft... and he is throwing to a couple migits.

and not all INTs are on the QB. Moss's short ass couldn't pull in a TD that any 6ft receiver would have had.

And Cooley, who had an off game went short on his pattern instead of going to the ball and flatting his route across the middle.

Okay fella's,

Jason admitted that he came out a little over-excited, as it was his first season opener. I can buy that. And now it's out of the way. Brunell told him he would be excited starting in his first opener, but the rest will be just games, so he will get settled in. And don't forget this, it takes two years to learn this system, and he has only been in it for a season and a game so far, not two seasons yet.

So I expect him to keep learning and maturing as this season goes. Then next year is the one when we will see him firing on all cylinders. So in the mean time, we need our defense to carry the offense a little bit, like in 2005. And hopefully by the second half of the season, the offense will start catching up to the defense, just in time to enter the playoffs!!!

Fellas,

You're right dude, Lloyd played like this was a backyard two-hand touch pickup game...he needs to get his heart into it

A win even when Jason did not have a great game shows just how good we might be this season. Probably the overthrows are the result of too much adrenalin; he just needs to settle down a little. The one INT was a bad decision as the receiver was covered; the other INT Lloyd should have broken it up at least.

He showed GREAT touch on a number of deep balls.

He showed pocket presence, and speed when running.

Better decision making, and touch on short balls will come.

As observed, better to have a QB that miffs a few short ones and can go long, than the opposite, which is what Brunell became as he aged.

He could have played much better, but his mistakes were correctable ones, and he showed talent where it matters most.

He sure did! Campbell did a great job on scrambling.... When his receivers weren't open and the pocket would collapse around him he'd take off for the 1st down or throw the ball away out of bounds. It shows guts that he trusted his offensive linemen after Jansen got injured. The only little problem I see with Campbell is that when he passes the ball 10 yards out, he tends to let it drift high in the air instead of hitting it straight ahead right on the numbers!

No......It was Lloyd. Moss dropped two passes.

you know i wouldnt have been mad at moss about the drops if it wasnt for his selfish acts when jason doesnt throw him a great pass. he also did this last year and i hated it. it was the first game they played with each other and if jason wasnt so mature and poised he could have shook his confidence. look i know moss has done a lot for us, and i think he is great but i think someone should pull him aside and tell him his body language after a bad throw needs to stop. this team should watch ARE to learn how to act. if our team took on ARE's personality we would be great.

I just love the fact that when the QB drops back now we dont have to assume a 5 yard dumpoff will be our best play....we have a QB not afraid to throw downfield and he does it well....

I think he will continue to develop and turn into a great QB for us... hopefully it happens soon....

Archived