Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wade Phillips press conference (9/7/07)

tr1

Wow...I think Wade has realized the honeymoon is over...no excuses! :laugh:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story/2007/9/7/162339/7146

by Dave Halprin (Grizz) Fri Sep 07, 2007 at 04:26:23 PM EDT

Wade: Terry Glenn will not play Sunday, it’s another injury not related to the first one, two days ago in practice he hurt his knee. We are gathering information and will have some other people look at it. We don’t know anything beyond Sunday. It’s a blow not to have him in this game but I told them all along there are no excuses, were not cry-babies, if we don’t have a player someone else will have to step-up and play.

Did you discuss putting him on IR?

We’re gathering information and trying to determine his status beyond Sunday.

Was it good that Crayton played all preseason in Glenn’s absence?

It’s unfortunate for Terry, but it was good that we had other guys working in the preseason, we have confidence in them. Everybody moves up one notch (on the depth chart).

Will Crayton still return punts?

Patrick will do it in this game. He’s the most proficient and has done it before.

Newman status?

He did some running yesterday, it’s TBD. We haven’t gone out today so I don’t know how he is. It will be a game-time decision and probably Burnett, too. Although Burnett practiced yesterday.

How did Burnett look?

He practiced, he looked all right. He was a little gimpy but he’s coming off surgery and they tell me it will be a few days before he feels comfortable.

How has the team reacted to all this news?

From the first when we got here we said there are no excuses, no excuses for anything, for being late or anything, there are no excuses. Someone else needs to step up and play, that’s part of the accountability to each other. We’re not going to whine or cry, there’s no crying in football.

More about Crayton?

Crayton is dependable, a heady player, he will be in the right place. I said before somehow he’s always open, he’ll run a crossing route and the defenders get mixed up, he fakes a guy and the defender falls down, he’s been really open in preseason. He has a knack for getting open from the slot. He can play outside too and will have to. (Emergency QB?) Crayton is the emergency QB.

How does this affect what you want to do with T.O.?

Doesn’t affect it as much as you’d think. It probably affects what they (the Giants) want to do against him. I look at it from the other side. They are going to pay more attention to him, make us beat them elsewhere. But he’s going to get doubled anyway; we’ll move him around some to get a better match-up.

Do all the WR’s know all spots?

All of them know it basically, they’re sharp and versatile, all could play the X or Z, not all could play the slot.

How do you stretch the field without Glenn?

You don’t have to be the fastest guy to catch it deep, sometimes you just beat the coverage. Sometimes we get a WR on safety, I think he (Crayton) will be able to threaten them, at least he has in practice. He’s caught some long plays there. He’s not speed-deficient. But I think they’ll lean more to Terrell.

* ::

It always amuses me that Cowboy fans come here to get their news.:laugh:

Honest to God, coming here instead of espn, cowboyzone, or any other site is just quicker for us. Tr1 is so totally consumed with anything Dallas related, we know it will be posted here first.

He does a true service to this board, I just wish he had more respect from his fellow skins fans on here.:laugh:

Honest to God, coming here instead of espn, cowboyzone, or any other site is just quicker for us. Tr1 is so totally consumed with anything Dallas related, we know it will be posted here first.

He does a true service to this board, I just wish he had more respect from his fellow skins fans on here.:laugh:

JJ...(or is it, WeOwnYou) is it necessary to attack me? Sure, I'll bet you don't like a lot of the articles I post because they aren't very flattering to the pukes. Hey, that's understandable.

But why you feel compelled to post in them, turn them into a personal attack or worse yet, hijack them into a discussion about the Skins is something I don't understand...unless, of course, you're only here to troll.

You rarely add anything to a thread anyway... :rolleyes:

So you guys are fine with 7-9?

He may last a while in mediocrity in Dallas then. He's a good .500 coach who may or may not do just enough to get into the playoffs long enough to drop one game. No way is he an upgrade to Parcells. Not with TO on the team.

Now where in any post did someone say they were fine with 7-9?

The guy asked how many losses before Wade would be on the hot seat in his very first season

The answer to that question is 10 IMO

Wont have to worry about it though since we wont drop more than 6

The puke fans just can't bring themselves to admit that this is the premier fan site in the league. Extremely up-to-the-minute and accurate information continuously updated by professionals translates into a site better than anything in Texas and probably the rest of the league.

Heck, people get kicked off and come back under a different user name to ensure they don't miss the excellent coverage of the NFCE in the ATN.

The puke fans just can't bring themselves to admit that this is the premier fan site in the league. Extremely up-to-the-minute and accurate information continuously updated by professionals translates into a site better than anything in Texas and probably the rest of the league.

Heck, people get kicked off and come back under a different user name to ensure they don't miss the excellent coverage of the NFCE in the ATN.

:laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumbsup: :(

Archived