Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Victims of the Youth Movement?

method man

I feel the next guys who should be looking over their shoulders are Thrash and Daniels.

Why Thrash, who is still a good STer? Because we signed Bodiford, who seems to be similar to Thrash. Once Bodiford is healthy and can get on the field, he could potentially outdo Thrash as the ST-oriented WR. It would suck to see Thrash go, but it is his roster spot that may be used to get that big possession receiver if the coaching staff feels they need to get one (I think Bodiford could be a Coles-type possession receiver...small but tough enough to go over the middle).

Daniels is good against the run like Wynn, but unlike Wynn, he has some pass-rushing skill. Why should he be looking over his shoulder? He is 34 and if he has another season like 2006, he will definitely be demoted or shown the door in the offseason. It is put up or shut up time for Mr. Daniels, who ****ed about our offseason conditioning program. Over the course of the season, if he can't get consistent pressure on the QB and Wilson or Evans can, a demotion may happen. This coaching staff, which once demoted LaVar, Holdman, and Archuleta, is not afraid to take such actions.

<cough> Jansen </cough>

no chance this happens.. Jansen is solid and is well known for his slow starts.

Meanwhile i think Daniels is the next one to go after we draft one in the upcoming years or grab one in free agency..

Thrash however will be here for at least 2-3 more years i believe and will serve as low as the 5th or 6th WR if we ever happen to keep that many

It got to be offensive line next year.

With the first round I would select a defensive end.

Then I would spend round 2-3 on offensive linemen.

Round 5-7 (if the Jet don't get round 5)I would try to get a tall unknown WR.

The whole OLine will stay intact at least for 09. Even if we draft a rookie, there is no way in hell we will let him start.

Mason and Rock are very different. Mason is a Brian Westbrook-type back and Rock is basically a pure STer who will get a carry or two every now and then. Rock is still pretty young.

Mason has looked good but we need to see him vs. a real starting NFL defense. if he stays with us long term i hope theres room for him and Rock. i met Rock and he his really cool. plus he is due for a runback TD. im predicting this sunday.

No, he actually has talent.

I second Daniels. He seems to be the only obvious one. A Springs--->Smoot transition could happen soon as well, especially considering how fragile he is. :2cents:

I don't think Daniel. If you watch the pre-season game Gregg is using him very differently this year. I wouldn't be surprise if Daniel become one of our defensive MVP this season.

I don't think Daniel. If you watch the pre-season game Gregg is using him very differently this year. I wouldn't be surprise if Daniel become one of our defensive MVP this season.

I certainly hope you're right...we need all the weapons we can get...

<cough> Jansen </cough>

<cough>out of your tree<cough> :laugh:

Yeah, he's so solid and most of you tools don't even realize how solid of a tackle he is. Most of you read that comment that Parcells made last year and think that Jansen actually can't play anymore. Sad, really. The guy has stayed fairly healthy after the thumb and the ankle thing and came on really strong at the end of last year. Why in god's name would we get rid of him? Of course no one will have a legit answer for that. The guy's a tank, plays hurt, was part of the best line (arguably) in football last year and the year before, and his only weakness lately has been pass pro. Take a look at his numbers and make a significant case that he's on the decline. Don't bother, just look so you guys know how uninformed you are ;)

http://shsdemo.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=4686&team=28

Man, he's just really gone down the tubes :doh:

In fairness, I understand he looks ****ty at times but on the whole the guy is solid. I'd rather keep him around for another couple years personally.

Not start, groom.

This what good francises do. Especially for Olineman they take awhile to get into NFL football shape, trust me.

Duh. I was saying no one on our OL is going to be a victim of the youth movement until 09 training camp. With the age of Thomas, Kendall, and Jansen, I would not be surprised if we loaded up on OLs in this draft.

Archived